X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Dr. Mrs. was telling me about Carter Page's PhD. It's a helluva story.
    how can one claim hoity brits carry anti-russian bias? aren't they all homosexual leaning double agents for the kremlin??
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Did anyone else see that Trey Gowdy was basically calling the memo a nothingburger? It was... weird. I’m not sure what to think.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Dr. Mrs. was telling me about Carter Page's PhD. It's a helluva story.
        I was listening to the NYT podcast The Daily a few weeks ago and they talked about Page. I'd have to go back and listen again for more specifics, but the gist of it was that the Russians decided that Page was such a socially awkward goofball that he was wasn't worth the trouble. I'm not sure what to make of him, but he's clearly another fine example of Trump's "best people".

Comment

Speaking of which, I address this to our Republicans and conservatives: if Dump fires Rosenstein will you say "enough" or will you go along with it?
          I honestly wouldn't care that much. A game changer for me would be some sort of documentation showing collusion(not just random communication between Trump & Co and Russians) that was intended to change the outcome of the election.

I'd add that everyone should keep an eye on what happens as far as civil service protections for federal workers and changes in policy as far as hiring and firing federal workers. It doesn't seem to have gotten much attention, but his comments at the SOTU are a much bigger cause for concern than any of the Russia stuff. It's important we have decent people working in the federal government and not a bunch of political morons.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm a huge Ed Smith fan and this piece was spot on as far as I'm concerned: https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...re-all-editors

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I honestly wouldn't care that much. A game changer for me would be some sort of documentation showing collusion(not just random communication between Trump & Co and Russians) that was intended to change the outcome of the election.
              Not to pick on you but I think this is the crux of the problem. I don't doubt this seems reasonable to you, but it isn't. You're saying unless the investigation yields results that convince you then you are not concerned if the investigation is stopped. But an investigation is not conducted to convince you, it's conducted to try to ascertain the truth, using objective rules of evidence and logic.

Imagine for instance that I had the power to end any investigation that didn't convince me. Would you be comfortable with that?

The thing about an investigation is frequently one side loses and they are not all convinced, even afterwards. Their lack of being convinced cannot be used as the criterion for allowing the investigation to continue. Some things have to be above partisanship. That's why we have a judicial system at all.

It is particularly glaring in this case: the administration cannot judge itself.
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-04-2018, 12:57 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

. I'd add that everyone should keep an eye on what happens as far as civil service protections for federal workers and changes in policy as far as hiring and firing federal workers. It doesn't seem to have gotten much attention, but his comments at the SOTU are a much bigger cause for concern than any of the Russia stuff. It's important we have decent people working in the federal government and not a bunch of political morons.
                I seriously have no idea how you aren’t a Democrat.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'd add that everyone should keep an eye on what happens as far as civil service protections for federal workers and changes in policy as far as hiring and firing federal workers. It doesn't seem to have gotten much attention, but his comments at the SOTU are a much bigger cause for concern than any of the Russia stuff. It's important we have decent people working in the federal government and not a bunch of political morons.
                  Will never get through Congress. There can be hiring freezes, but changes to CS law require, surprisingly, a law. As long as the GOP holds less than 60 votes in the Senate, it's not going to happen.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Did anyone else see that Trey Gowdy was basically calling the memo a nothingburger? It was... weird. I’m not sure what to think.
                    Trey having a crisis wondering if the ends justify the means. Hurts him to his core.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Democrats are too smug? Really? Who are the great conservatives comedians you can laugh with?
                      Maher just kinda fits that stereotype of the big city smug liberal. The irony is that the Fox News anchors who all live in NYC and constantly dupe their voters into voting against their best interests are equally as smug they’re just good at pandering. As for your second point, they don’t really exist obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Well, he and Schiff, unlike Nunes, have actually seen the FISA warrants. Which really needs to be said more.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Maher just kinda fits that stereotype of the big city smug liberal. The irony is that the Fox News anchors who all live in NYC and constantly dupe their voters into voting against their best interests are equally as smug they’re just good at pandering. As for your second point, they don’t really exist obviously.
                          He wouldn't appear smug if the idiots he was making fun of weren't so stupid.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"Politically incorrect" cuts both ways. That's what the knucks can't stand about Maher -- he violates all the norms we were taught as kids about not making fun of the dumb kids in public.

The right has no inkling that they have always been the major beneficiaries of political correctness until very recently. Media was targeted to the slowest kids in the class so we all had to wait for you to catch up. One reason college was so liberating was it was the place the dunces were no longer catered to -- it was sink or swim.

Well, media has fractured now, which means there are tons of outlets that show smart content to smart people, and the dummies can't keep up and have a sad. Also, people make jokes about the dummies now, so OHNOES SNOBBERY!!!111!

Suck it. We had to ride your short bus from the time of universal newspaper literacy to the invention of the internet. We had to go out of our way not to point out the obvious idiocy of your superstitions, delusions, and bigotries even as you brayed your derp from the rooftops.

Party's over, Deplorables. Put on your big girl panties and compete in the marketplace of ideas. Read a book.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Give me your wired, your wealthy, your blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Scandinavian models yearning for spots on reality television"

Comment

Looks like Brady shouldn’t have abandoned Trump #karma

Comment

Working...
                                X