X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    And the vice versa.
    I am perfectly willing to accept that responsibility.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Proposed budget is out. Funding fossil fuels and cutting renewable energy. Cutting social spending and increasing military spending.
      We’re creating a hell hole.

Irinonically finishing a paper talking about how nations with great health outcomes and lower spending actually spend more on social services than they do on healthcare.

Comment

Really?
        This atrocity of accounting, this buffoonery of a budget, this fiasco of fiscal responsibility, was reached by bi-partisan agreement.

So, which party is not party to that "bi-partisan" party?

And Trump was dumb enough to sign on to it. Can we start calling him "Swamp Thing" now? It would seem to fit.
        Come on Jell-O boy, I know you have to remember all the way back to your previous post, but you were going on about the tax cut. How many D's voted for that again? And sure, if you want to fault the D's for getting some additional spending thrown in on the social side go ahead, but who's military increases were they matching knowing that their votes would be needed? If R's had come in with a flat budget on both sides do you think the D's would have turned it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I am perfectly willing to accept that responsibility.
          Fair enough; however, far too many are willing to believe "their party" is this guy.

The Rs and the Ds pulled off a bi-partisan multi-trillion dollar heist Friday night.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            Come on Jell-O boy, I know you have to remember all the way back to your previous post, but you were going on about the tax cut. How many D's voted for that again? And sure, if you want to fault the D's for getting some additional spending thrown in on the social side go ahead, but who's military increases were they matching knowing that their votes would be needed? If R's had come in with a flat budget on both sides do you think the D's would have turned it down?
            First, more of the ad hominem. Is that the best we can do? (You know what going ad hom signals in debate, don't you?)

Next, the tax cut would be fine if they'd have just kept spending flat.
            Instead everyone, R and D, showed up with their wants list ... and got them.

What we are doing is not fiscally sustainable.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-12-2018, 02:04 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Ds aren't much better. BSABSVD?
              One side has consistently reduced the deficit while in office, the other has increased it. So yeah, both run a deficit, but those are not the same thing.

Your link, which gives Obama an FY2016 deficit of $1.43T seems to be a little off too. All you have to do is click on FY2016 where they link to themselves and claim the 2016 deficit was only $600B, which seems closer to reality.

Comment

First, more of the ad hominem. Is that the best we can do? (You know what going ad hom signals in debate, don't you?)

Instead everyone, R and D, showed up with their wants list ... and got them.

What we are doing is not fiscally sustainable.
                Pretty sure using Jell-O boy signals you're debating against a goal post moving hunk of Jell-O

But back to facts for a minute, how does the tax cut leave everything just fine if they had left spending flat? The tax cut is $1.5T over 10 years added to the deficit without ever touching spending. They would have to REDUCE spending in order to neutralize the effects of the tax cut.

Comment

One side has consistently reduced the deficit while in office, the other has increased it. So yeah, both run a deficit, but those are not the same thing.
                  Recent guys, yeah, the Rs are piling it on. Wasn't Trump sent there to stop that?

The all-timers percentage-wise were Ds: FDR, Wilson; at least they had the excuse of a World War. (same link)

Congress is not even ashamed of the overspending anymore. Or are they? They did this last one in the dark of night.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

But back to facts for a minute, how does the tax cut leave everything just fine if they had left spending flat? The tax cut is $1.5T over 10 years added to the deficit without ever touching spending. They would have to REDUCE spending in order to neutralize the effects of the tax cut.
                    Call me an optimist, but I had hope of enough economic growth to cover that $1.5T gap.

There's no way to cover this Friday night massacre.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Call me an optimist, but I had hope of enough economic growth to cover that $1.5T gap.

There's no way to cover this Friday night massacre.
                      omfg

Paul Ryan BOBO in the house.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Not "my side". The side that won.

I carry the crazy, outdated, cynical(?) notion that the "goes-ins" and the "goes-outs" of a non-war-time, not economic-catastrophe, budget should kinda-sorta-like, I won't even say "balance", but how about coming in within a freakin' billion of each other. I have no freakin' clue which "side" that is anymore.

EDIT: My mistake ... it should say "freakin' TRILLION". Or should I say "one million million dollar deficit". Deficit. There's no tax cut that'll provide the economic stimulus to cover that one-year shortfall.
                        There's no tax cut that will cover itself for any one year shortfall, because that's not how math works. That's a myth the GOP sells to 'Muricans.

Comment

I was really hoping it was more like Sammy Sosa's engagement photos.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Fair enough; however, far too many are willing to believe "their party" is this guy.

The Rs and the Ds pulled off a bi-partisan multi-trillion dollar heist Friday night.
                            You understand that Friday night was peanuts compared to the tax bill, right?

Comment

Wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Wrong.
                                Short-term you'd be correct -- no way in a year.

As I said, I hoped for enough (long-term) economic growth to cover the 10-year total. The **** optimist in me I guess.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X