X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    You understand that Friday night was peanuts compared to the tax bill, right?
    As jerphisch said, "The tax cut is $1.5T over 10 years added to the deficit without ever touching spending."

Look at the projected 2019 deficit: $1.2T just that fiscal year.

We're trying to put out a fire with gasoline.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Short-term you'd be correct -- no way in a year.

As I said, I hoped for enough (long-term) economic growth to cover the 10-year total. The **** optimist in me I guess.
      Hope all you want, that just makes you a fool who is soon parted from your money.

There has never been a single tax cut that has ever paid for itself in economic growth, because in order for that to happen to have to assume grossly unrealistic benefits and ignore things like growth that was already going to occur anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I was really hoping it was more like Sammy Sosa's engagement photos.

Which one is Sammy?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Which one is Sammy?
          Why didn't one get a gun in the holster? ... wait ... that's way too much of a double-entendre setup.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Nuclear Navy contractor (trained Navy crews; later moved to a nuclear reactor design group).
            Back to your mop.
            Took the bait! See how easy it is?
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Took the bait! See how easy it is?
              Congrats.
              Ya got me.
              Your "expert at ad hominem" badge is in the mail (... COD).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

McConnell now says he wants a straight up/down vote on Trump's immigration plan. I'm thinkin' Trump's gettin' the zee-row.

When that happens Mitch gets to control the conversation. I'm thinking that's Mitch's end game.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Pretty sure using Jell-O boy signals you're debating against a goal post moving hunk of Jell-O

But back to facts for a minute, how does the tax cut leave everything just fine if they had left spending flat? The tax cut is $1.5T over 10 years added to the deficit without ever touching spending. They would have to REDUCE spending in order to neutralize the effects of the tax cut.
                  Silly, the tax cut will spur economic growth more than enough to offset that 1.5 trillion. Sic probably believes that, despite the CBO and other economists saying that it just won't happen.

Edit: Annnnd, I see I was correct.

Call me an optimist, but I had hope of enough economic growth to cover that $1.5T gap.

There's no way to cover this Friday night massacre.
                  Last edited by rufus; 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Congrats.
                    Ya got me.
                    Your "expert at ad hominem" badge is in the mail (... COD).
                    Is that the Old Pio Memorial Award??? Cool.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      There's no tax cut that will cover itself for any one year shortfall, because that's not how math works. That's a myth the GOP sells to 'Muricans.
                      Arthur Laffer. Complicit in the destruction of the United States of America.

Laffer is currently an economic adviser to Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, who in 2012 zeroed out state tax liability for approximately 330,000 of the top wage earners in the state
                      This is all anyone need know about this ****ing tax cut.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

FalseFlagInsideJobFakeNews!

But seriously, glad she's OK.

Comment

Trump's infrastructure plan: $1.5B ... er, fine print ...

Trump on Monday unveiled a $1.5 trillion infrastructure proposal that would provide $200 billion in federal spending over ten years and require the rest in private, local and state funding.

Democrats last year pitched a $1 trillion infrastructure plan but did not call for any private or local spending, and did not include proposals to pay for it.

Schumer, D-N.Y., said the Trump proposal "falls short,"
                          Spendspendspend.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Trump's infrastructure plan: $1.5B ... er, fine print ...

Spendspendspend.
                            Tell the rich to give our ****ing money back. You know, the money from 2008 and the money they have hidden in the Cayman's. That'll pay for all the infrastructure we need.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Tell the rich to give our ****ing money back. You know, the money from 2008 and the money they have hidden in the Cayman's. That'll pay for all the infrastructure we need.
                              "Tell"?

Bloody constraint.

Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump in Dec. 2015: "If we don't ... balance up our budget — at least get it **** close and soon — we're not going to have a nation anymore."
                                Trump in Dec. 2017: " a nation without borders is not a nation."
                                Does this mean we don't really need the "big beautiful wall"?

"Not a nation" is a favorite Trump bogeyman scenario along with "disaster," "shambles" and "tatters."

#I'veGotTheBestWords
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X