Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional Rankings

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    Can't recall the season, but the year Trinity went from #1 in the east to out of the tournament without playing a game comes to mind. Seemed they would have had a legitimate shot at the title that year. Bottom line is always win your games and you'll get in. Lose, and you put yourself at the mercy of a shaky process...
    When did that happen. Would love to look up the circumstances. Had to be before the criteria was put in place. Cant see how someone could be #1 in region (at end of season or at least near the end) not play a game and not be in the tournament. The must've lost in the quarters and all other favorites lost for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
      When did that happen. Would love to look up the circumstances. Had to be before the criteria was put in place. Cant see how someone could be #1 in region (at end of season or at least near the end) not play a game and not be in the tournament. The must've lost in the quarters and all other favorites lost for that to happen.
      Someone help me out here. It may have been 2013-2014, 21-5 that year and they lost in the SF, which would have been after the last public ranking. So they lost one game to plummet from #1 to out of the tournament. They would go on to win the national championship the next year.
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        14 is a good number, more than a lot of years. Out of 1800 or so D3 games, not statistically relevant.

r
        There is truly a dearth of comparative data, so why not use every bit of what is available? A good statistical model would do so.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Maybe...

We're getting 6-10" of snow tonight.

Fish and the groundhog. That does have a ring to it.
          That thing with Phil was consensual. Honest.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
            SNC totally would have won the title in 2015...

...if their NCAA player of the year goalie didn't break his leg and the team didn't tank down the stretch.
            And Finlandia would have won the title too if they had better players, a better program, won their conference, made the FF, and scored more goals on the national championship game, but they didn't because there's reality and things get sorted out on the ice without excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
              And Finlandia would have won the title too if they had better players, a better program, won their conference, made the FF, and scored more goals on the national championship game, but they didn't because there's reality and things get sorted out on the ice without excuses.
              Nobody's blamed RIT yet....
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                Check your facts, that game was in Utica.
                Big deal, they were lucky to get a tie !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  How do they get screwed. Who would they replace? Back up your statement or are you just going to be an offspring of Fish and spout off with no backing?
                  I am a guppy, Platty got their golf clubs out ???
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    I am a guppy, Platty got their golf clubs out ???
                    Come back when Utica has won something and you csn comprehend 3rd grade math so you can understand how and why teams are where they are guppy.. Until then....Just keep swimming...
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      Come back when Utica has won something and you csn comprehend 3rd grade math so you can understand how and why teams are where they are guppy.. Until then....Just keep swimming...
                      I cannot believe they don't look at the static sheets and understand the rankings or the bracket when it comes out. I used to question it until they started making the sheets public, now it makes sense. Mr. Webb also explains it very well on the other site.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Nobody's blamed RIT yet....
                        thought that was a given

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          I cannot believe they don't look at the static sheets and understand the rankings or the bracket when it comes out. I used to question it until they started making the sheets public, now it makes sense. Mr. Webb also explains it very well on the other site.
                          Well they drink Utica Club....I think we found our explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                            Well they drink Utica Club....I think we found our explanation.
                            I went to a few Maximus Super(basically UC High Test) beer blasts in my college days.....early 1970s

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              Can't recall the season, but the year Trinity went from #1 in the east to out of the tournament without playing a game comes to mind. Seemed they would have had a legitimate shot at the title that year. Bottom line is always win your games and you'll get in. Lose, and you put yourself at the mercy of a shaky process...
                              I thought Trinity lost a NESCAC semifinal to Bowdoin that year and that was what dropped them from #1 in the East to out of the tournament? I think that was 2014, the year before they won their National Championship (if it wasn’t 2014, it was 2013.)

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                                I thought Trinity lost a NESCAC semifinal to Bowdoin that year and that was what dropped them from #1 in the East to out of the tournament? I think that was 2014, the year before they won their National Championship (if it wasn’t 2014, it was 2013.)
                                The top teams in NESCAC are usually close and if you lose a game early in the playoffs, you are going to drop fast, and that is what happened.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X