Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 424

Thread: Regional Rankings

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Only 12 teams get into the 2018 NCAA Division III Tournament so a 8-5 split is mathematically impossible.
    Unless Cards pull an upset, I am a neutral....but if these numbers continue I see it 9/3.....especially if Norwich wins the conference tourney


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  2. #62
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Unless Cards pull an upset, I am a neutral....but if these numbers continue I see it 9/3.....especially if Norwich wins the conference tourney
    You be trollin'.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    You be trollin'.
    Ummmm...no I am active.....I looked at the criteria sheets. Only W/L and SOS used this week. Some of the last 4 east have better W/L % than bottom two west


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    If things hold, hypothetical Oz and Adrian 1s, that limits Adrians pairing due to distance, could you see a 1E vs 1w sure possibly,
    First round? No.

    but then who hosts dun dun dun.
    They go to the cross-regional criteria just like they do for any cross-regional matchup or deciding the last few at large bids if they cross regions.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  5. #65
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    241

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Ummmm...no I am active.....I looked at the criteria sheets. Only W/L and SOS used this week. Some of the last 4 east have better W/L % than bottom two west
    Before posting I stopped and *thought* for a few moments. I think we can all agree that Adrian and St. Norbert are virtual locks for tourney spots at this point. That makes two out of the west. Stevens Point barring a collapse has hold of Pool B. That makes three. The MIAC will be getting a team into the tournament through automatic spot. That makes four. A 9-3 looks pretty unlikely, unless you be trollin'!

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Before posting I stopped and *thought* for a few moments. I think we can all agree that Adrian and St. Norbert are virtual locks for tourney spots at this point. That makes two out of the west. Stevens Point barring a collapse has hold of Pool B. That makes three. The MIAC will be getting a team into the tournament through automatic spot. That makes four. A 9-3 looks pretty unlikely, unless you be trollin'!
    it all depends on what happens with playoffs in the UCHC. B could go to one of them as well.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Only 12 teams get into the 2018 NCAA Division III Tournament so a 8-5 split is mathematically impossible.
    Fat fingered the 7 into an 8. My bad

  8. #68
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    241

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    it all depends on what happens with playoffs in the UCHC. B could go to one of them as well.
    As I said, only if Stevens Point collapses. Not very likely, especially with Utica's SOS below .500. Utica would need to win out and get a lot of help and even then it's far from much better than 50-50. Barring anything really bizarre, it's going to be 8-4.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    33,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    it all depends on what happens with playoffs in the UCHC. B could go to one of them as well.
    Only one B.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Only one B.
    That is what I am saying. The B could go east.

  11. #71
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    241

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    That is what I am saying. The B could go east.
    And Gisele could leave Tom Brady for me.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    And Gisele could leave Tom Brady for me.
    You probably don't whine enough...LOL...and would probably congratulate the other team if they did win...and would you really want his leftovers ? (As you can tell I am not a Brady or Patriots fan)


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  13. #73
    5x NCAA Champs - Pride of the West
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    You probably don't whine enough...LOL...and would probably congratulate the other team if they did win...and would you really want his leftovers ? (As you can tell I am not a Brady or Patriots fan)
    Old stoves don't take as long to heat up as new stoves.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Old stoves don't take as long to heat up as new stoves.
    They just burn a lot of fuel fast !

  15. #75
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nubs View Post
    Before posting I stopped and *thought* for a few moments. I think we can all agree that Adrian and St. Norbert are virtual locks for tourney spots at this point. That makes two out of the west. Stevens Point barring a collapse has hold of Pool B. That makes three. The MIAC will be getting a team into the tournament through automatic spot. That makes four. A 9-3 looks pretty unlikely, unless you be trollin'!
    This seems a pretty obvious starting point. 8-4 looks most likely. 7-5 is possible if someone like MSOE wins the NCHA tournament. Beyond that, it seems that a 8-4 is almost inevitable...

    BTW The "other site's" Bracketology is up....
    Last edited by spwood; 02-14-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somewhere East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    122

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    This seems a pretty obvious starting point. 8-4 looks most likely. 7-5 is possible if someone like MSOE wins the NCHA tournament. Beyond that, it seems that a 8-4 is almost inevitable...

    BTW The "other site's" Bracketology is up....
    I hope it's 7-5. So many people would lose their minds.

    Adrian
    St. Norbert
    Concordia/Marian/Scholastica/Lake Forest/MSOE
    Point
    MIAC

    There's no way they can leave out Adrian, Norbert, or Point.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Regional Rankings

    The photo on the other site in the Road to Lake Placid article appears to be of the most scenic roads in the Adirondacks. NYS Rte 73, also known as Cascade Road. This particular photo looks like it is taken about halfway between Lake Placid and Keene, NY While you are in Placid for the final 4, I would suggest taking a trip between games along one or more of these beautiful roads in the area. Enjoy the weekend.
    Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-14-2018 at 11:33 PM.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    151

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    I hope it's 7-5. So many people would lose their minds.

    Adrian
    St. Norbert
    Concordia/Marian/Scholastica/Lake Forest/MSOE
    Point
    MIAC

    There's no way they can leave out Adrian, Norbert, or Point.
    Might as well move the Frozen Four to KB Willett while they are at it.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

  19. #79

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    33,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
    Might as well move the Frozen Four to KB Willett while they are at it.
    That's next year!

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    151

    Re: Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    That's next year!
    Why would the NCAA do that when they can hold it in an arena with 2000 empty seats?
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •