This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Another disappointing loss to UVM on home ice...6 seasons now? Since 2012?? Great looks in the first couldn't bury it. Down to ninth. Predictable I guess.
    Watched the game on the IPad. It is beyond distressing to see how lifeless the team is. They make so many basic mistakes. Wrong passes in the defensive zone. Poor breakouts. No real push five on five. And the PP is abysmal. Can’t imagine what former players who came back this weekend, guys like Krog, Bekar, and the like, think when they see this poor excuse for UNH hockey. Truly embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      Watched the game on the IPad. It is beyond distressing to see how lifeless the team is. They make so many basic mistakes. Wrong passes in the defensive zone. Poor breakouts. No real push five on five. And the PP is abysmal. Can’t imagine what former players who came back this weekend, guys like Krog, Bekar, and the like, think when they see this poor excuse for UNH hockey. Truly embarrassing.
      Comes down to having the horses and that is pretty much the story. Didn't really feel too much about it one way or the other....meh is all I got. Watched UVM hustle it out of our zone much of the night. Some good stuff here and there but mostly meh... onto bobblehead night. 🙄
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        This team is just bad.

i have no other words.....
        Yup, pretty much what I have to say on the subject too. The fundamentals are completely lacking and you just sit there waiting for the next turnover to come. And here we are spending the weekend "honoring" the man who brought things to this point. Jokingly calling him good ol' 599 seems quite optimistic at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Comes down to having the horses and that is pretty much the story. Didn't really feel too much about it one way or the other....meh is all I got. Watched UVM hustle it out of our zone much of the night. Some good stuff here and there but mostly meh... onto bobblehead night. ��
          This is sort of what you get with a lame duck coach. Obviously I haven't seen them play lately and I am only going by what I read on this thread, but it just sounds to me everyone has mailed it in. If I was a conspiracy person I would say it's a passive-aggressive way of making sure he doesn't get to the NRN. But I don't think kids think that way. It just sounds like they have gotten apathetic and are basically just waiting for the "era" to be over. It's sad. But it almost always ends this way. I can't help but compare this to what happened a few years ago at BU. We were just waiting for Parker to leave. It's unfortunate when people hang on beyond their "time." Not saying it should be "mandatory" - nothing of the sort. But if your heart isn't into it anymore it's time to move on. Record or no record. It's unfair to everyone else to hang on just for a personal goal. UNH hockey will recover from this but it won't be overnight...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            This is sort of what you get with a lame duck coach. Obviously I haven't seen them play lately and I am only going by what I read on this thread, but it just sounds to me everyone has mailed it in. If I was a conspiracy person I would say it's a passive-aggressive way of making sure he doesn't get to the NRN. But I don't think kids think that way. It just sounds like they have gotten apathetic and are basically just waiting for the "era" to be over. It's sad. But it almost always ends this way. I can't help but compare this to what happened a few years ago at BU. We were just waiting for Parker to leave. It's unfortunate when people hang on beyond their "time." Not saying it should be "mandatory" - nothing of the sort. But if your heart isn't into it anymore it's time to move on. Record or no record. It's unfair to everyone else to hang on just for a personal goal. UNH hockey will recover from this but it won't be overnight...
            same thing happened at Yale when Taylor left, hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
              SPOILER ALERT.....

Richie Boyd skates to center ice before Friday's game....peels off his sweater with the "15" on the back to reveal he now wears "51" and hands the first sweater to his head coach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FzYJd_vYI
              they all had #15 on tonight in warm ups and tomorrow night will auction off those jerseys. Wonder how much fans will cough up for them; last year TyK's went for I think 250.00...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Poor breakouts? I really liked the improved breakouts this year by Gildon and Maass, early in the season. But, perhaps the coaches have successfully reined in their recklessness?

Comment

Kevin Goumas is in the house!! Is e.cat?
                  Yes I was in the house. I said to my friend that if UVM goes up three zip, I'm going home!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Yes I was in the house. I said to my friend that if UVM goes up three zip, I'm going home!
                    Going tonight maybe see you there? Q for the group...how much do we miss Patrick Grasso!!!!???
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Going tonight maybe see you there? Q for the group...how much do we miss Patrick Grasso!!!!???
                      I'll be there. Gotta get me sum DU bobblehead Hoping for a W tonight. Saw Grasso walking the concourse in a sling!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Comes down to having the horses...
                        True.

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        It is beyond distressing to see how lifeless the team is. They make so many basic mistakes. Wrong passes in the defensive zone. Poor breakouts. No real push five on five. And the PP is abysmal. Can’t imagine what former players who came back this weekend, guys like Krog, Bekar, and the like, think when they see this poor excuse for UNH hockey. Truly embarrassing.
                        More true.

I know it's ridiculous to say, but I'd rather see Bekar, etc. suited up tonight. At least if the puck happens to find one of them in the vacinity of the net, there is a chance they can finish.

McAdams continues to hustle. Vela is snake bit.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Saw Grasso walking the concourse in a sling!
                          He had surgery a week and a half ago. It went well. No activity for six weeks. Sacco in a sling as well.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            True.

More true.

I know it's ridiculous to say, but I'd rather see Bekar, etc. suited up tonight. At least if the puck happens to find one of them in the vacinity of the net, there is a chance they can finish.

McAdams continues to hustle. Vela is snake bit.
                            Hey at this point...I'd like to see what MacAdams could do on that first line powerplay...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Most UVM fans who post on this forum aren't too thrilled with their coach but I'll say this for Kevin Sneddon; he sure knows how to beat UNH. Here are his comments regarding the first period where we had a lot of good looks on our PP's as per Alex Hall of the Union Leader this morning:

“He was great, especially early on their power play,” Vermont head coach Kevin Sneddon said of his goalie. “We didn’t cover the back door and he made a couple of post-to-post saves that at the start of the game could have been significantly different.”

#InGameAdjustmentsMatter

With this loss getting the coveted 'home ice' in the You Know What HE tournament is most likely slim to none without a win and some luck the rest of the way. Haven't looked at UVM's remaining schedule either. Just like the last 2 seasons UNH will most likely be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9-InvDwMw

My version:

On the road again...just can't wait to get back on that road again...playing hockey with my friends...like a band of Wildcats we go down that highway...hoping for something to go our way...we just can't wait to get on that road again....dum de dum.....
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-10-2018, 10:27 AM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                                SPOILER ALERT.....

Richie Boyd skates to center ice before Friday's game....peels off his sweater with the "15" on the back to reveal he now wears "51" and hands the first sweater to his head coach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FzYJd_vYI

"Richie Boyd ... meet Richie Umile"
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X