This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    We'll be getting two so I'll give you one. Funny Marcus Vela comment during the Coaches Show; they had the bobble head and he was asked what he thought about it, he said "Looks just like him, but not as stressed".
    Stressed? I thought that the docs ordered him not to get stressed years ago.

I cannot make the games this weekend either, so I will look on eBay for a bobblehead. :-)

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

I'm sure he thought that with the multiple games v. Army and Bentley on the schedule the past three years he'd already have 600 in the bag and could just coast some more. This is real stress now.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Stressed? I thought that the docs ordered him not to get stressed years ago.

I cannot make the games this weekend either, so I will look on eBay for a bobblehead. :-)
        I'll see what I can do for you....
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

SPOILER ALERT.....

Richie Boyd skates to center ice before Friday's game....peels off his sweater with the "15" on the back to reveal he now wears "51" and hands the first sweater to his head coach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FzYJd_vYI
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
            SPOILER ALERT.....

Richie Boyd skates to center ice before Friday's game....peels off his sweater with the "15" on the back to reveal he now wears "51" and hands the first sweater to his head coach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FzYJd_vYI
            I remember that like it was yesterday, and as a side note, for anyone who continues to try to argue that TD Garden is "just as loud" as the old Garden has no idea what they are talking about (if they can't tell from that video).

Comment

Local car bumper sticker back in the day:

Jesus Saves!
              Espo Scores on Rebound!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                I'm sure he thought that with the multiple games v. Army and Bentley on the schedule the past three years he'd already have 600 in the bag and could just coast some more. This is real stress now.
                Hey, UNH earned a split with Bentley in those two games! Watcher started this with his Bentley reference, Chuck. Maybe Souza and BS35+6 will bring the Cats to the new arena at Bentley in the next couple of years?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  I remember that like it was yesterday, and as a side note, for anyone who continues to try to argue that TD Garden is "just as loud" as the old Garden has no idea what they are talking about (if they can't tell from that video).
                  So true. I watched the Beanpot Monday night and it was pretty sad to see all the empty seats throughout the arena. This event used to bang it out every year, including the first several years of the Fleet Center/TD Garden. Back in the day, in the old Garden, where capacity was at one point 13,909, the place would be jammed. I have many fond Beanpot memories from the seventies and eighties. I'd say the loudest I ever heard the place, save Bruins and Celts, was when Northeastern won their first Beanpot in 1980. The place went crazy, especially since it was BC that they beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    So true. I watched the Beanpot Monday night and it was pretty sad to see all the empty seats throughout the arena. This event used to bang it out every year, including the first several years of the Fleet Center/TD Garden. Back in the day, in the old Garden, where capacity was at one point 13,909, the place would be jammed. I have many fond Beanpot memories from the seventies and eighties. I'd say the loudest I ever heard the place, save Bruins and Celts, was when Northeastern won their first Beanpot in 1980. The place went crazy, especially since it was BC that they beat.
                    Yes. For college sports, because you usually have a "divided" arena. From what I have been told, the absolute loudest it has ever been was when Orr scored on May 10, 1970. Season ticket-holder friends of mine told me the place went absolutely insane (not to mention the beer that rained down on their heads from the second balcony). And you could tell just from the audio on the TV broadcast. But my point was actually about a comparison between the two arenas when BOTH were full. I mean, comparing last Monday to anything is pointless. There are more people there for the high school tournament. But I won't belabor this post with redundancy...all that has been sufficiently covered during the multiple attendance "discussions" that spanned several threads (including a dedicated attendance thread) last year. We all know by now the arguments. My point in this case was not about the attendance but the building itself. When both buildings are full, the old Garden was WAY louder. It's not even close...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Yes. For college sports, because you usually have a "divided" arena. From what I have been told, the absolute loudest it has ever been was when Orr scored on May 10, 1970. Season ticket-holder friends of mine told me the place went absolutely insane (not to mention the beer that rained down on their heads from the second balcony). And you could tell just from the audio on the TV broadcast. But my point was actually about a comparison between the two arenas when BOTH were full. I mean, comparing last Monday to anything is pointless. There are more people there for the high school tournament. But I won't belabor this post with redundancy...all that has been sufficiently covered during the multiple attendance "discussions" that spanned several threads (including a dedicated attendance thread) last year. We all know by now the arguments. My point in this case was not about the attendance but the building itself. When both buildings are full, the old Garden was WAY louder. It's not even close...
                      The old Garden held fewer people than the new Garden but, bodies per square foot, the old Garden was much more tightly packed. Plus the ceiling of the old Garden was lower, better at holding the noise in. I can’t speak to whether the Bobby Orr Stanley Cup win was the loudest the Garden ever was, but I was there the night Orr had his first hat trick and when the Celts beat the Lakers in 1984, and both of those crowds were pretty dam loud. I was also there the night UNH beat Cornell in double OT and the UNH crowd gave a great account of themselves that night as well. Loudest college hockey crowd ever has to be 2002 in St. Paul when Minny near Maine in OT.

Comment

Kevin Dean is in the house!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Kevin Dean is in the house!
                          Kevin Goumas is in the house!! Is e.cat?
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-09-2018, 05:29 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            I was also there the night UNH beat Cornell in double OT and the UNH crowd gave a great account of themselves that night as well.
                            As was I. It would be so great to see something like that again. Even though I went to a "private" school, I recognize how important it is for the State Universities to have vibrant, successful programs, because it is so essential for the sport's atmosphere.

Comment

Another disappointing loss to UVM on home ice... Since 2012?? Great looks in the first couldn't bury it. Down to ninth. Predictable I guess.
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-09-2018, 10:10 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

This team is just bad.

i have no other words.....
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X