This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Haha yeah that's something isn't it!!! But the cool part is how Marshall built it back to prominence heck even winning a NC...not sure what they do these days...just goes to show what a strong vision coupled with doing the work necessary on all fronts can do for a program hmmm? 😉
    Ahhh, I see that my sarcasm has not landed. What I meant was that I despise that movie and that university, which is nothing more than a toothless and thuggish Boston College in terms of unearned arrogance. The ONLY redeeming point of thy movie is when we are reminded that after they beat Xavier (a school that no longner even has a football team - nice win, lol) they are completely beaten down the next week by the powerful, Bill Mallory led Miami University football program, 66-6*...

* a result they whine about to this day, claiming it was insensitive for Miami to be so much better than they were immediately following the crash, despite Miami running the ball almost exclusively and playing the third string for the last 3/4 of the game. Sorry we were a legit top-15 team That decade, bros - it could have been a hundy spot or worse. Maybe it is their tears that warm my heart and not my own...

UNH should try to be Miami football of the 70's and not the Marshall equivalent. Unless you want to sell your academic and moral soul in hopes of winning a DII (yup!) championship in the late 90's just model yourself after the program that is actually legit...

---

And yes Greg, I was being ironic.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-14-2018, 02:58 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Ahhh, I see that my sarcasm has not landed. What I meant was that I despise that movie and that university, which is nothing more than a toothless and thuggish Boston College in terms of unearned arrogance. The ONLY redeeming point of thy movie is when we are reminded that after they beat Xavier (a school that no longner even has a football team - nice win, lol) they are completely beaten down the next week by the powerful, Bill Mallory led Miami University football program, 66-6*...

* a result they whine about to this day, claiming it was insensitive for Miami to be so much better than they were immediately following the crash, despite Miami running the ball almost exclusively and playing the third string for the last 3/4 of the game. Sorry we were a legit top-15 team That decade, bros - it could have been a hundy spot or worse. Maybe it is their tears that warm my heart and not my own...

---

And yes Greg, I was being ironic.
      No, I got your sarcasm...I'm learning... No love for Marshall eh?
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        No, I got your sarcasm...I'm learning... No love for Marshall eh?
        No, no love for Marshall. They won their title by eschewing any and all academic standards, serving as a landing spot for every player kicked off a DI team for committing a felony and flouting NCAA rules at every turn. They're not a program for UNH to emulate - don't be fooled by that movie and it's 'feels' Ref! Fortunately I was here today - be careful in the future!
        Last edited by Dan; 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          No, no love for Marshall. They won their title by eschewing any and all academic standards, serving as a landing spot for every player kicked off a DI team for committing a felony and flouting NCAA rules at every turn.
          Cough *randy moss* cough
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Upstairs having some pre game libations and listening to the student cheers; wild rumors circulating some have been here since 8 am!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              I am thinking 3-3 tie tonight (I would go with 3.5-3.5 tie, but goal fractions not allowed).

My prediction in the MBPBEGAM round contest for the Cats going to Orono still in play. :-)
              UNH blows Maine off the ice. Doubt it will be close.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'm sure you guys are busy actually watching hockey right now, but I just went to buy tickets to the NU game on your website. Do you seriously charge a $3 per ticket processing fee? That's absurd. It would be cheaper for me to pay for the gas for the two hour roundtrip drive to your ticket office than buy more than two tickets.
                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-14-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  UNH blows Maine off the ice. Doubt it will be close.
                  The beatable force meets the moveable object. So far ...

Beatables 3
                  Moveables 1

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                    I'm sure you guys are busy actually watching hockey right now, but I just went to buy tickets to the NU game on your website. Do you seriously charge a $3 per ticket processing fee? That's absurd. It would be cheaper for me to pay for the gas for the two hour roundtrip drive to your ticket office than buy more than two tickets.
                    Just buy tickets at the door the night of the game.

Comment

O.m.g. 😳
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-14-2018, 08:26 PM.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        O.m.g. 😳
                        After all you've seen in recent weeks, you act like you're surprised somehow ...

Comment

Abysmal attempted dive by Foxhole ... now there's some quality leadership ...

Comment

Y'know ... if this thing is still tied midway through OT, I hope Coach pulls the goalie and goes for it.

Be honest, the NRN means something, what's the use of another tie at this point???

Comment

Well, I decided to watch the third period and, guess what, I watched them blow a two goal lead. Three goals to zip. The season can’t end soon enough.

And yes, I meant Matt White, not BC’s Colin White, as if we would have had a chance on him.
                              Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 02-14-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I want to give coach a big kiss from us UMainuhs. You will always be our valentine!

Comment

Working...
                                X