This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

A quick sideline guys....I’d like your opinions! Storyline: UNH is fighting for home ice, tied with NU, and 2 points behind Maine with 5 conference games left.....this upcoming weekend, UNH plays at Maine.....given this scenario, how unimaginable is it that you would bus the team up the DAY of the game, (Orono mind you) arriving 90 minutes before the game?
    This is how impotent our AD is in putting the women’s team behind the 8 ball when they’re fighting for fourth place for the first time in years! They couldn’t afford to put the team up for the extra night in Orono? We’re not talking Vegas prices here......next time I read in the Alumni mago how we’re having a great year raising funds......shameful IMHO.....btw, they came back to tie....your thoughts?

Comment

Northeastern, for whatever reason (?!), backs well off the PP points and Gildon gets a shot through for a 1-0 lead...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        A quick sideline guys....I’d like your opinions! Storyline: UNH is fighting for home ice, tied with NU, and 2 points behind Maine with 5 conference games left.....this upcoming weekend, UNH plays at Maine.....given this scenario, how unimaginable is it that you would bus the team up the DAY of the game, (Orono mind you) arriving 90 minutes before the game?
        This is how impotent our AD is in putting the women’s team behind the 8 ball when they’re fighting for fourth place for the first time in years! They couldn’t afford to put the team up for the extra night in Orono? We’re not talking Vegas prices here......next time I read in the Alumni mago how we’re having a great year raising funds......shameful IMHO.....btw, they came back to tie....your thoughts?
        They went up Thursday afternoon.

Comment

I was told they went up this morning....if you’re right, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
            I was told they went up this morning....if you’re right, my bad
            They practiced Thursday morning at UNH, went to classes, then left Thursday around 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Northeastern, for whatever reason (?!), backs well off the PP points and Gildon gets a shot through for a 1-0 lead...
              We'll take it 😉
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Getting outshot 27-10 but DT manages to keep it at 1.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Heading to OT on the PK...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Heading to OT on the PK...
                    A face-off violation penalty in the final minute of a tie-game! You have to appreciate when they let the boys play...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

UNH settles for a 1-1 tie - they had a 2-on-1 and a 3-on-1 in the final two minutes of OT and never created anything dangerous...

Tirone with perhaps the game of his career in terms of saves and plying with confidence (though it never seemed to occur to NU to deke or pass down low - as he continuously shot out of the crease to attack shooters). It's amazing what a little competition can do. Keep that competition going. Tomorrow they beat UMass...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

DT with the number 1 star well deserved! Love it that my prediction was wrong!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The Yankee Conference doing all it can to make Hockey East a one NCAA bid league this season....
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            A face-off violation penalty in the final minute of a tie-game! You have to appreciate when they let the boys play...
                            Obscure penalty. I think the NU broadcaster said something like the road team's stick has to hit the ice first. Never heard of that!! Weird call late in the third period of a tie game.

Hard fought tie for the Cats.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

They have been calling that hand pass faceoff win all season. I think it is the first called against us this year but I have seen it called on 2 or 3 other teams.

Comment

UCONN beats BC. Still think they're a cupcake Snively?
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X