Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Jeez guys you got him to "commit" unofficially to UNH too? Admissions again?
    Pretty sure he means Matt White, who didn't clear admissions, a couple of weeks after Ryan Bourque also ditched Umile.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    6-0-3...that's what we are against the Black Bears in the past 9 games; all due to Danny T's dynamic, acrobatic saves (and, some luck I suppose) along with TyK's prowess. What will we do tonight at the annual "White out the Whitt" game? Hopefully hear this ALOT tonight!

SIEVE...YOU (know the rest )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiCIGdgu8yk

Seeing how the game is tonight, on a Wednesday, on VD day (health teacher insider joke), hopefully the students/fans will show up. Apparantly the game was scheduled for January when the students weren't here, so, somehow, it was rescheduled to tonight. DT, and a few other teammates were out in force on campus yesterday giving out tickets so here's hoping UNH shows up (team too) in force, Swayman or no Swayman.

Go 'Cats BEAT MAINE!!!
    I am thinking 3-3 tie tonight (I would go with 3.5-3.5 tie, but goal fractions not allowed).

My prediction in the MBPBEGAM round contest for the Cats going to Orono still in play. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Pretty sure he means Matt White, who didn't clear admissions, a couple of weeks after Ryan Bourque also ditched Umile.
    We need Shaun White. And, some Finns!

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    I am thinking 3-3 tie tonight (I would go with 3.5-3.5 tie, but goal fractions not allowed).

My prediction in the MBPBEGAM round contest for the Cats going to Orono still in play. :-)
    Ugh well they will have to do it without me....😉

Might get a White but he won't be a player...

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

Betty White might be an improvement at this point.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Will you take a 9-iron to the DU bobblehead if the NRN is not achieved? Or is the bobblehead securely placed for all to see at the WIS estate in Effingham?
    Not a chance, e.cat. I'm putting that balding tortlenecked beauty up on the fireplace mantle in Effingwoods.

When the going gets tough ... the tough cross their arms defensively and say nothing

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Not a chance, e.cat. I'm putting that balding tortlenecked beauty up on the fireplace mantle in Effingwoods.

When the going gets tough ... the tough cross their arms defensively and say nothing
    Haha!

Sorry to conflate Effingham with Effingwoods or vice versa!

Seasoned Veteran
    He doesn't have it...yet. Jeeze e.cat don't encourage him lol. Being the "Don" of uscho fan forum I think he would find more creative things...I'm sure Chuck has watched all of the episodes of The Sooranos and can recite "The God Father" word for word...😉
    Bada Bing

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post

haha Sorry to disappoint ya Don, er Chuck, but the bobble head is dressed in a warm up suit with a blue cap on its head...but, the arms ARE crossed!
    #NewEraCats

Haha yeah that's something isn't it!!! But the cool part is how Marshall built it back to prominence heck even winning a NC...not sure what they do these days...just goes to show what a strong vision coupled with doing the work necessary on all fronts can do for a program hmmm? 😉
    Ahhh, I see that my sarcasm has not landed. What I meant was that I despise that movie and that university, which is nothing more than a toothless and thuggish Boston College in terms of unearned arrogance. The ONLY redeeming point of thy movie is when we are reminded that after they beat Xavier (a school that no longner even has a football team - nice win, lol) they are completely beaten down the next week by the powerful, Bill Mallory led Miami University football program, 66-6*...

* a result they whine about to this day, claiming it was insensitive for Miami to be so much better than they were immediately following the crash, despite Miami running the ball almost exclusively and playing the third string for the last 3/4 of the game. Sorry we were a legit top-15 team That decade, bros - it could have been a hundy spot or worse. Maybe it is their tears that warm my heart and not my own...

UNH should try to be Miami football of the 70's and not the Marshall equivalent. Unless you want to sell your academic and moral soul in hopes of winning a DII (yup!) championship in the late 90's just model yourself after the program that is actually legit...

---

And yes Greg, I was being ironic.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-14-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Ahhh, I see that my sarcasm has not landed. What I meant was that I despise that movie and that university, which is nothing more than a toothless and thuggish Boston College in terms of unearned arrogance. The ONLY redeeming point of thy movie is when we are reminded that after they beat Xavier (a school that no longner even has a football team - nice win, lol) they are completely beaten down the next week by the powerful, Bill Mallory led Miami University football program, 66-6*...

* a result they whine about to this day, claiming it was insensitive for Miami to be so much better than they were immediately following the crash, despite Miami running the ball almost exclusively and playing the third string for the last 3/4 of the game. Sorry we were a legit top-15 team That decade, bros - it could have been a hundy spot or worse. Maybe it is their tears that warm my heart and not my own...

---

And yes Greg, I was being ironic.
    No, I got your sarcasm...I'm learning... No love for Marshall eh?
    #NewEraCats

No, I got your sarcasm...I'm learning... No love for Marshall eh?
    No, no love for Marshall. They won their title by eschewing any and all academic standards, serving as a landing spot for every player kicked off a DI team for committing a felony and flouting NCAA rules at every turn. They're not a program for UNH to emulate - don't be fooled by that movie and it's 'feels' Ref! Fortunately I was here today - be careful in the future!
    Last edited by Dan; 02-14-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    No, no love for Marshall. They won their title by eschewing any and all academic standards, serving as a landing spot for every player kicked off a DI team for committing a felony and flouting NCAA rules at every turn.
    Cough *randy moss* cough

Upstairs having some pre game libations and listening to the student cheers; wild rumors circulating some have been here since 8 am!!

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

UNH blows Maine off the ice. Doubt it will be close.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

2016 Hockey East Overlords

I'm sure you guys are busy actually watching hockey right now, but I just went to buy tickets to the NU game on your website. Do you seriously charge a $3 per ticket processing fee? That's absurd. It would be cheaper for me to pay for the gas for the two hour roundtrip drive to your ticket office than buy more than two tickets.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-14-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    UNH blows Maine off the ice. Doubt it will be close.
    The beatable force meets the moveable object. So far ...

Beatables 3
    Moveables 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    I'm sure you guys are busy actually watching hockey right now, but I just went to buy tickets to the NU game on your website. Do you seriously charge a $3 per ticket processing fee? That's absurd. It would be cheaper for me to pay for the gas for the two hour roundtrip drive to your ticket office than buy more than two tickets.
    Just buy tickets at the door the night of the game.

O.m.g. 😳
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Thread Information