X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    With this loss getting the coveted 'home ice' in the You Know What HE tournament is most likely slim to none without a win and some luck the rest of the way. Haven't looked at UVM's remaining schedule either. Just like the last 2 seasons UNH will most likely be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9-InvDwMw
    You silly goose ... dirty hippie Willie Nelson is the ultimate UVM fan. That road thing did work for 'em last night.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      You silly goose ... dirty hippie Willie Nelson is the ultimate UVM fan. That road thing did work for 'em last night.
      hahaha my thoughts exactly...isn't weed legal in Vermont???

Ps...speaking of road wins at UNH, they seem to have that down. Time to change that tonight 'Cats...(you know which one's I'm reefering / er referring to )
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-10-2018, 10:32 AM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Speaking of season-to-season stats, where are the 16/17 stats??

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/20...x?path=mhockey

Ps Snively65 scored you a Umile replica T last night and will see what I can do about that bobblehead...
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-10-2018, 10:54 AM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Ice issues at the 'Whitt forced the postponement of an OR game today...they (officials) were fixing it last night. Refrigeration issue/ didn't they just replace that? It was unusually cold in the 'Whitt last night; wonder if that had anything to do with this. Hope they aren't going to postpone our game tonight...so many people in town!!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Speaking of season-to-season stats, where are the 16/17 stats??

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/20...x?path=mhockey

Ps Snively65 scored you a Umile replica T last night and will see what I can do about that bobblehead...
            Many thanks, HR. I will wear it with pride at a MBPBEGAM game, as long as we do not travel to Notre Dame (aka NICC). What? You say that NICC is no longer in the HEA? When did 'dat happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Many thanks, HR. I will wear it with pride at a MBPBEGAM game, as long as we do not travel to Notre Dame (aka NICC). What? You say that NICC is no longer in the HEA? When did 'dat happen?
              ...When they were too busy winning the Big Ten and becoming the #1 team in the nation....
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Ice issues at the 'Whitt forced the postponement of an OR game today...they (officials) were fixing it last night. Refrigeration issue/ didn't they just replace that? It was unusually cold in the 'Whitt last night; wonder if that had anything to do with this. Hope they aren't going to postpone our game tonight...so many people in town!!!
                Wow, that would be adding insult to injury. With all of your experience ... sort it out ASAP, BS35+5!!
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

The metaphors just keep coming...
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

With this loss getting the coveted 'home ice' in the You Know What HE tournament is most likely slim to none without a win and some luck the rest of the way.
                    winner tonight likely to grab the last home ice spot
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Wow, that would be adding insult to injury. With all of your experience ... sort it out ASAP, BS35+5!!
                      All is well game on Go 'Cats!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Gotcha a bobblehead tooooooo!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nice job staying with it Naz!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Stick is BELOW the cross bar when he makes contact. Should be a good goal...

EDIT: I don't think that's the correct call. They anticipated the stick hitting the puck because he swung from top down. When it actually hits the stick the stick is NOT above the cross bar.
                            Last edited by chickod; 02-10-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Another reason (as a former official, albeit it in a different sport) why I hate replay. The "purported" reason is to "get it right" but this thing about "it has to be conclusive." Well, isn't that the point? Of course it has to be conclusive - that's why they're looking at it. The problem is that you still have human eyes looking so they are never going to come to the correct consensus most of the time. Therefore, just let the officials call the game, because for the few times they get it right, it isn't worth making every official in the game tentative and have them look over their shoulder all night. Just my opinion...

Comment

And while I'm on a roll, ENOUGH of this ESPN3 s**t. This is the SECOND night in a row the broadcast cut out. Last night I watched BU/UMass and the feed went out right before the overtime and came back on with :15 left in the game (OT). Tonight it went out AGAIN with :35 left in the game and NEVER came back. Then the "Your event has ended" screen popped up. I never saw the overtime and had to go on to hockeyeastonline.com to find out who won. Really annoying.

If they can't do this right, don't do it at all. Two and a half hours and then you can't see the end...it's almost as if they have a certain "allotted" time for the game and if it exceeds that time, tough. I bet if a basketball or lacrosse game goes to overtime they don't cut it off...
                                Last edited by chickod; 02-10-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X