X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    And while I'm on a roll, ENOUGH of this ESPN3 s**t. This is the SECOND night in a row the broadcast cut out. Last night I watched BU/UMass and the feed went out right before the overtime and came back on with :15 left in the game (OT). Tonight it went out AGAIN with :35 left in the game and NEVER came back. Then the "Your event has ended" screen popped up. I never saw the overtime and had to go on to hockeyeastonline.com to find out who won. Really annoying.

If they can't do this right, don't do it at all. Two and a half hours and then you can't see the end...it's almost as if they have a certain "allotted" time for the game and if it exceeds that time, tough. I bet if a basketball or lacrosse game goes to overtime they don't cut it off...
    The radio guys said there was a power outage at UNH, the scoreboards went dark too. The PA guy had to count down the final seconds of OT. Maybe that had something to do with ESPN3's lost feed.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      The radio guys said there was a power outage at UNH, the scoreboards went dark too. The PA guy had to count down the final seconds of OT. Maybe that had something to do with ESPN3's lost feed.
      OK. Thanks. (there wasn't any power outage at BU last night) Not being sarcastic but there seems to be this issue continuously and it's always near the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        OK. Thanks. (there wasn't any power outage at BU last night) Not being sarcastic but there seems to be this issue continuously and it's always near the end of the game.
        Yeah, they said in the arena that the fieldhouse across the street had a power issue. That is where the control room for the video boards and the internet broadcast live so that is why it cut out on you.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Gotcha a bobblehead tooooooo!
          You are the best. Unfortunately for our hero, the NRN is approaching DOA ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Despite the weekend turning up only one pt at least UNH did Coach Umile proud by the amount of alumni who turned out. Moving video, color guards from both Watertown and Melrose and he received the HE Medal of Honor. Decent compete level...didn't agree on the Vela call (high stick) but he managed to get it back.

Onto Maine...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              You are the best. Unfortunately for our hero, the NRN is approaching DOA ...
              Hey 4 games left...4 wins!! No? (Oops forgot we are playing NU twice)
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Gotcha a bobblehead tooooooo!
                Hey, thanks again, HR! Greetings from Wellington, New Zealand, with no ice hockey down here. If nothing else, the MBPBEGAM contest is getting really interesting.

Comment

they are really going for the record before retirement comes!!! impressive.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Despite the weekend turning up only one pt at least UNH did Coach Umile proud by the amount of alumni who turned out. Moving video, color guards from both Watertown and Melrose and he received the HE Medal of Honor. Decent compete level...didn't agree on the Vela call (high stick) but he managed to get it back.

Onto Maine...
                    I believe it was the Founders medal.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Lovin' my DU bobblehead and my DU sweater(got the winning bid on one!).It was fun going on the ice with the players to get my sweater from Cefalu! Ref won too

All bids accepted on both. (JK!)
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        I believe it was the Founders medal.
                        Thanks! The name of the medal escaped me. Whatanight!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

"Richie Boyd ... meet Richie Umile"
                          Actually last night HE commish Bertanga (do I have that right too lazy to look it up) took off his coat (or whatever) and had a Melrose hockey (???) jersey on...must've read your posts...Someone (Aerman) correct me if I have that wrong!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Best night of the season last night. Hopefully the take away for younger players, recruits in the house was, "Yeah, I want that".
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Sounds like a bigger night than the last game at Snively Arena; sorry that I missed this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                Best night of the season last night. Hopefully the take away for younger players, recruits in the house was, "Yeah, I want that".
                                Def was and there were recruits in the house from what I heard. Crowd size had to be reminiscent of the past. Saw a high school friend who used to be a season tix holder in the 'hey day' and he came out to see Coach U honored. Would love it if we could have that crowd for Wednesday but I doubt it. Maybe the students will turn out... I agree; it was a great night.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X