X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Just read on Twitter that UNH will be replacing the Club Cat HC; announced he will retire from coaching. They competed in the Championships this past weekend and lost in the Semi's. Steve McIssaac did a great job with that program!
    They won the national championship four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
      They won the national championship four years ago.
      I know! I went to college and played lax with the HC's mother in law; I started following the team when I found out the connection. He (Steve) seems like a great guy many of his former players are commenting on Twitter about him. His wife played FH on Bently's team that won a NC; quite the athletic family. Three little boys maybe future Wildcats???
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        I know! I went to college and played lax with the HC's mother in law; I started following the team when I found out the connection. He (Steve) seems like a great guy many of his former players are commenting on Twitter about him. His wife played FH on Bently's team that won a NC; quite the athletic family. Three little boys maybe future Wildcats???
        Or, future Falcons?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Or, future Falcons?
          Ha!! I knew this was coming...lol Actually it could be a push-pull with UMaine as his wife Jen was a Maine supporter (is from Maine)...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Ha!! I knew this was coming...lol Actually it could be a push-pull with UMaine as his wife Jen was a Maine supporter (is from Maine)...
            Not to mention UNH fans, BU fans including mookie are still leaving 1 point (4 oz beer) on the table in the HEA championship contest on the previous page.

Comment

Not to mention UNH fans, BU fans including mookie are still leaving 1 point (4 oz beer) on the table in the HEA championship contest on the previous page.
              OK...so there's kind of a strong "hint" in there; however, it's gotta be BC (obviously I looked this up on the Hockey East website so I suppose that disqualifies me anyway).

Combined record of Ceglarski and York: 68-26-2 .708.

If you don't impose a "minimum games" requirement then it's Lowell, but that's not really fair using a 25 game sample size.

Here are the other percentages for the coaches who have been there a "long" time:

Coach Record Win %
              Steve Stirling - PC 4-0-0 1.000
              Jerry York - BC 58-19-1 .743
              Norm Bazin - Lowell 19-6-0 .760
              Sean Walsh - Maine 34-15-0 .693
              Jack Parker - BU 62-35-1 .632
              Jim Madigan - Northeastern 9-6-0 .600
              David Quinn - BU 6-4-0 .600
              Dick Umile - UNH 51-39-1 .560
              Len Ceglarski - BC 10-7-1 .555
              Nate Leaman - PC 11-10-0 .523

Jeff Jackson (ND) and Tim Whitehead (Maine) are AT .500. Believe it or not, ALL of the other coaches are below .500

Bazin has the highest percentage but it's only 25 games. My guess is the previous Lowell coaches bring down the overall percentage.

Lowest has to be UMass. Combined record for Carvel and Micheletto is 1-7-0 (.125)
              Last edited by chickod; 03-13-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

We should invite Mookie...would he travel to cowhampsha??? I personally like simple contests, like, who's gonna win the HE?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Bazin has the highest percentage but it's only 25 games. My guess is the previous Lowell coaches bring down the overall percentage.
                  More evidence of the sheer awesomeness that is Norm Bazin (as if further evidence is even necessary).
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    OK...so there's kind of a strong "hint" in there; however, it's gotta be BC (obviously I looked this up on the Hockey East website so I suppose that disqualifies me anyway).

Combined record of Ceglarski and York: 68-26-2 .708.

If you don't impose a "minimum games" requirement then it's Lowell, but that's not really fair using a 25 game sample size.

Here are the other percentages for the coaches who have been there a "long" time:

Coach Record Win %
                    Steve Stirling - PC 4-0-0 1.000
                    Jerry York - BC 58-19-1 .743
                    Norm Bazin - Lowell 19-6-0 .760
                    Sean Walsh - Maine 34-15-0 .693
                    Jack Parker - BU 62-35-1 .632
                    Jim Madigan - Northeastern 9-6-0 .600
                    David Quinn - BU 6-4-0 .600
                    Dick Umile - UNH 51-39-1 .560
                    Len Ceglarski - BC 10-7-1 .555
                    Nate Leaman - PC 11-10-0 .523

Jeff Jackson (ND) and Tim Whitehead (Maine) are AT .500. Believe it or not, ALL of the other coaches are below .500

Lowest has to be UMass. Combined record for Carvel and Micheletto is 1-7-0 (.125)
                    Way, way too much info, maybe approaching HR's feared "word problem on the math exam." These two parts of the contest pertain only to the HEA championship games. Chuck and mookie essentially determined the lowest percentage wins by teams in those games, shared by the three teams that are 0-1, so 0.000% (or, 0%, nada, nil, zero 0%) wins. Some simple math involved in calculating the team with the highest winning percentage in those HEA championship games. Yes, I added a strong hint earlier, too. :-)

Comment

We should invite Mookie...would he travel to cowhampsha??? I personally like simple contests, like, who's gonna win the HE?
                      Yeah that's how I feel too. I don't mind watching but I just can't make myself do the research.
                      But I always do this bit of research after each season. The old what are we losing and how might we look toward next year game. I always want to know what percentage of our scoring we are losing and how did the remaining classes do, and then speculation for the future.
                      Seniors - G A P
                      18 42 60

Juniors - G A P
                      24 31 54

Sophs. - G A P
                      24 31 54

Fresh - G A P
                      23 47 70

Initial thoughts? Very even distribution of goal scoring.
                      Only losing 27% of total points and 20% of goals. Unusually low!
                      What if PG was healthy?
                      Annual totals the lowest in years. Need Dan's 2 big guns to be found before August.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                        Yeah that's how I feel too. I don't mind watching but I just can't make myself do the research.
                        But I always do this bit of research after each season. The old what are we losing and how might we look toward next year game. I always want to know what percentage of our scoring we are losing and how did the remaining classes do, and then speculation for the future.
                        Seniors - G A P
                        18 42 60

Juniors - G A P
                        24 31 54

Sophs. - G A P
                        24 31 54

Fresh - G A P
                        23 47 70

What if PG was healthy?
                        Annual totals the lowest in years. Need Dan's 2 big guns to be found before August.
                        Then we can title next season's thread "The Guns of August"
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          Seniors - G A P
                          18 42 60

Juniors - G A P
                          24 31 54

Sophs. - G A P
                          24 31 54

Fresh - G A P
                          23 47 70

What if PG was healthy?
                          Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on these stats, ATW. Much lower points percentage from seniors than what we lost after last season, which is one reason why I think that we cannot do worse than three or four other HEA teams next season. Hey, despite the incompetence at all levels, and the worst record in Div 1 hockey over the final three months, we only dropped to 52nd in PWR and could have earned home ice in the MBPBEGAM round had we won just two additional games after semester break.

Comment

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on these stats, ATW. Much lower points percentage from seniors than what we lost after last season, which is one reason why I think that we cannot do worse than three or four other HEA teams next season. Hey, despite the incompetence at all levels, and the worst record in Div 1 hockey over the final three months, we only dropped to 52nd in PWR and could have earned home ice in the MBPBEGAM round had we won just two additional games after semester break.
                            That just makes me

Comment

Might be a long flight. He took a job overseas (Asia/Middle East). They have problems with ice there too...

Comment

Way, way too much info, maybe approaching HR's feared "word problem on the math exam."
                                Sorry....I get carried away sometimes...

Comment

Working...
                                X