This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

So ... with UNH pressing UMaine hard in the attack zone for about a minute, UMaine taking a desperation icing, and totally gassed without a timeout, with a minute and a half to play ... perfect opportunity drop all pretenses, pull Tirone and just go for it. I mean, why the F not???

The UMaine kid then bags 3 faceoff attempts to buy his teammates time to recover, no one puts the ref on the spot for the (very obvious and intentional) delay of game, UMaine clears, and then scores a late winner anyway.

I second Greg's comment. This can't end soon enough. Pathetic.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

17 more days, unless we could win the play-in round on the road, then 24 days
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        17 more days, unless we could win the play-in round on the road, then 24 days
        17 days, 'watcher. For it to be otherwise, UNH would have to win more games over a single weekend than they have collectively since early December, or whenever the Providence/RPI back-to-back mirage happened.

Comment

Cannot even. I've seen a lot of UNH losses sure not a NC loss but this one? Cannot even. Anyone want my MC tix ?
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Dick Umiles Durham dumpster fire roars on.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
              Dick Umiles Durham dumpster fire roars on.
              Did you at least get his bobble head?

Comment

Dickie, I thought you had it in the bag three years ago, two years ago, and even two weeks ago.

8-6-2 last year finished 15-20-5
                9-5-1 this year to 10-14-6
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-14-2018, 09:18 PM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  So, remind me again. The new guy's skill isn't in recruiting, but in on-ice coaching?

He's a nice guy, someone you'd want to have in your foxhole, great personality ... what's not to like?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    So, remind me again. The new guy's skill isn't in recruiting, but in on-ice coaching?

Minor correction watcher, this year 10-15-6

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      Dickie, I thought you had it in the bag three years ago, two years ago, and even two weeks ago.

Minor correction watcher - started this season 6-1-1.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight... By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

Edit....you have to know your program is great. And always has been. Wrinkle in fabric, easily ironed out. Pick chins up. Next year we will go again, or possibly this year. Pick chins up, we lived a worst hell. Fact.
                        Last edited by BlackI; 02-14-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I was screwed into believing this team was good in the October race to the championship, then the rest of the season happened. As excited as I was then, this is the most excited I have been in a long time, I am done with UNH games for the year. Missing the last home game of Umile's career to be on vacation. I invited my parents to the game and looked at my dad with like 8 minutes left and said 4-3 Maine in OT.

The only consolation is had a nice talk with Dennis "Red Top" Gendron in the tunnel after the game.

So 4 wins are needed in the final 5 possible games?

Comment

So "desperate scramble" or "unrealistic dream"
                            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Anybody remember when we were going to win 6 straight and get #600 after the Brown game. Good times, good times...

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                Anybody remember when we were going to win 6 straight and get #600 after the Brown game. Good times, good times...
                                In a galaxy far far away...I believe that was my guess in the NRN contest. I think our next contest should be will we win one more game this season period. Easy 50/50 odds where a simple yes or no answer will suffice...
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-14-2018, 11:14 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X