X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by Ray Dorn View Post

Did anybody notice the coaches changed up the defense pairings last night?
    No, but on Sportscenter's Top 10 Plays I did notice Gildon get undressed by a guy who had scored 16 points in 64 career games...
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Wonder what Clarke did?

Dressed for intros. However they dressed 4 goalies. He is odd man out not on the bench. Headed down the tunnel at the start of the game.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

2-0 NU for anyone playing the home game (old Robin Williams joke)
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Robinson in... DT out 1 min into the 2nd

Comment

Really? The season's been a whole vanity show, and now the players finally get their senior night in front of parents. Game means nothing, and he pulls the captain in his last home game?
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Really? The season's been a whole vanity show, and now the players finally get their senior night in front of parents. Game means nothing, and he pulls the captain in his last home game?
              I thought the same thing. Umile showed his true self with that lame move.

Comment

7periods without a goal....

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  They wait until senior weekend to worry about the future/freshmen goaltender. Tirone gets yanked twice (with a weekend .818 SPCT) and Clark isnt even dressed for a chance to play. That's a perfect microcosim for the UNH goaltending of the last four seasons. They honestly could not have mismanaged the position more if they tried - and in the process embarrass both seniors on senior night...
                  Last edited by Dan; 02-24-2018, 07:52 PM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by dan View Post
                    they wait until senior weekend to worry about the future/freshmen goaltender. Tirone gets yanked twice (with a weekend .818 spct) and clark isnt even dressed for a chance to play. That's a perfect microcosim for the unh goaltending of the last four seasons. They honestly could not have mismanaged the position more if they tried - and in the process embarrass both seniors on senior night...
                    sad!! 🙄
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-24-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Umile shirts coming onto the ice!!

Comment

Ding dong Umiles gone (from home games at least)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maine loses also - which I believe sends UNH to Alfond* instead of Hartford (in spite of the UNH graphic that stated they'd head to Lowell if 'scores held', which was literally impossible with a UNH loss)...

* However unlikely, this is probably the ONE match-up UNH can win...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Umile shirts coming onto the ice!!
                            Saw that at the end. Sad.
                            UNH

Comment

Did I miss something, or did anyone else notice that Nick Nonis was no longer on the roster??
                              UNH

Comment

Well, there you have it. Now 50th in the Pairwise, UNH finishes dead last in the league for the first time ever. With zero goals on the weekend, they wound up averaging exactly two goals per game in league play. For a program that historically threw caution to the wind when playing, this is the most startling development. As much as I disliked Tirone as a goalie, he was not the reason they have won only once since the first week in December. Lack of skill, lack of grit, lack of a game plan, whatever it is, Michael Souza has his work cut out for him. Shameful is the only way to describe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X