X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Wow, how many players on this year's roster would see any ice time on the top two lines or D pairs on either of those teams? Not many, if any.
    This.

Compared to those squads, making out the line charts for the last decade or so was pretty much like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Could any players on this years team crack the line up for either the 97-98 or 98-99 teams?
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Pesce and JvR light the lamp tonight...

https://www.nhl.com/video/pesces-goa...826/c-57248203

https://www.nhl.com/video/van-riemsd...900/c-57244503
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          Could any players on this years team crack the line up for either the 97-98 or 98-99 teams?
          I think that our two freshmen D-men could skate as the third pair on those two teams, and maybe Nickulas and Salvaggio could get ice time on the the fourth line in 1997-1998 and maybe the third line in 1998-1999.

But, going back the past decade, I think that we have had several players each year that could have made the third or fourth lines and second or third D pairs on those two teams. But, this season and apparently the next few are sadly the new normal.

Comment

Pick chins up. From mainuh. Go and win. Souza is great, saw him on ice. Power forward, goes to the net, wins... extention means great things. My $0.02

Comment

I love the thread from 97 98. Great team. But truth be told from mainuh heart... I wished we could have traded you for Ty Conklin. That guy was outstanding. And in Maine we love goalies. Maine could have won another one with him. He was the best goalie I ever saw you had. But I also like boganeki. Sorry for bad spelling. Bekar was outstanding but he had to go early in NHL. But if we could go back and trade, I'd spot you a Niko Dimitrakos for Ty Conklin.

Comment

HR's weekend predicts:

Friday: NU 4 UNH 1 (would love to be proved 100% wrong on this one...) Never seen them win at Matthews so tonight would be a great night to do it!
                Saturday: UNH 3 UMass 1

Go 'Cats!
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-02-2018, 06:01 AM.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

A couple of sweet goals for sure! Thanks for posting the links Ref.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

That makes five 20-goal NHL seasons for the JvR haters on this thread. :-)

Comment

Yay JvR!! Three more 20 goal seasons, and you are Marco Sturm ('96 first round pick at #21)!!
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Not sure they are JvR haters, maybe just "expected more'ers". The hype had him closer to Kariya - Paul - not Steve or Martin. I think we would all have to admit that. Statistically (NCAA not NHL) he was 2 points better than STEVE over 2 years (74 points vs 72), or 26% less overall than just Paul's FRESHMAN year. Heck even Martin was only 13 points behind after 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Yay JvR!! Three more 20 goal seasons, and you are Marco Sturm ('96 first round pick at #21)!!
                          Marco Sturm! Really? Did he play in Hockey East? But, that is a name that gives Bruins fans conniptions. I count seven 20-win seasons out of his 15 in the NHL, not a bad career, by any means. But, neither his nor JvR's career ever will match Jumbo Joe Thornton's, in my mind.

Comment

Andrew Pots sporting the "A" on his jersey on Instagram...
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-02-2018, 05:16 PM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Tirone in net for the Cats tonight.

Comment

No MacAdams tonight..
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X