Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Many thanks, HR. I will wear it with pride at a MBPBEGAM game, as long as we do not travel to Notre Dame (aka NICC). What? You say that NICC is no longer in the HEA? When did 'dat happen?
    Gotcha a bobblehead tooooooo!

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Nice job staying with it Naz!!

Stick is BELOW the cross bar when he makes contact. Should be a good goal...

EDIT: I don't think that's the correct call. They anticipated the stick hitting the puck because he swung from top down. When it actually hits the stick the stick is NOT above the cross bar.
    Last edited by chickod; 02-10-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Another reason (as a former official, albeit it in a different sport) why I hate replay. The "purported" reason is to "get it right" but this thing about "it has to be conclusive." Well, isn't that the point? Of course it has to be conclusive - that's why they're looking at it. The problem is that you still have human eyes looking so they are never going to come to the correct consensus most of the time. Therefore, just let the officials call the game, because for the few times they get it right, it isn't worth making every official in the game tentative and have them look over their shoulder all night. Just my opinion...

And while I'm on a roll, ENOUGH of this ESPN3 s**t. This is the SECOND night in a row the broadcast cut out. Last night I watched BU/UMass and the feed went out right before the overtime and came back on with :15 left in the game (OT). Tonight it went out AGAIN with :35 left in the game and NEVER came back. Then the "Your event has ended" screen popped up. I never saw the overtime and had to go on to hockeyeastonline.com to find out who won. Really annoying.

If they can't do this right, don't do it at all. Two and a half hours and then you can't see the end...it's almost as if they have a certain "allotted" time for the game and if it exceeds that time, tough. I bet if a basketball or lacrosse game goes to overtime they don't cut it off...
    Last edited by chickod; 02-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    And while I'm on a roll, ENOUGH of this ESPN3 s**t. This is the SECOND night in a row the broadcast cut out. Last night I watched BU/UMass and the feed went out right before the overtime and came back on with :15 left in the game (OT). Tonight it went out AGAIN with :35 left in the game and NEVER came back. Then the "Your event has ended" screen popped up. I never saw the overtime and had to go on to hockeyeastonline.com to find out who won. Really annoying.

If they can't do this right, don't do it at all. Two and a half hours and then you can't see the end...it's almost as if they have a certain "allotted" time for the game and if it exceeds that time, tough. I bet if a basketball or lacrosse game goes to overtime they don't cut it off...
    The radio guys said there was a power outage at UNH, the scoreboards went dark too. The PA guy had to count down the final seconds of OT. Maybe that had something to do with ESPN3's lost feed.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    The radio guys said there was a power outage at UNH, the scoreboards went dark too. The PA guy had to count down the final seconds of OT. Maybe that had something to do with ESPN3's lost feed.
    OK. Thanks. (there wasn't any power outage at BU last night) Not being sarcastic but there seems to be this issue continuously and it's always near the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    OK. Thanks. (there wasn't any power outage at BU last night) Not being sarcastic but there seems to be this issue continuously and it's always near the end of the game.
    Yeah, they said in the arena that the fieldhouse across the street had a power issue. That is where the control room for the video boards and the internet broadcast live so that is why it cut out on you.

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    You are the best. Unfortunately for our hero, the NRN is approaching DOA ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Despite the weekend turning up only one pt at least UNH did Coach Umile proud by the amount of alumni who turned out. Moving video, color guards from both Watertown and Melrose and he received the HE Medal of Honor. Decent compete level...didn't agree on the Vela call (high stick) but he managed to get it back.

Onto Maine...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    You are the best. Unfortunately for our hero, the NRN is approaching DOA ...
    Hey 4 games left...4 wins!! No? (Oops forgot we are playing NU twice)

Hey, thanks again, HR! Greetings from Wellington, New Zealand, with no ice hockey down here. If nothing else, the MBPBEGAM contest is getting really interesting.

there's a good buck in that racket.

they are really going for the record before retirement comes!!! impressive.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Despite the weekend turning up only one pt at least UNH did Coach Umile proud by the amount of alumni who turned out. Moving video, color guards from both Watertown and Melrose and he received the HE Medal of Honor. Decent compete level...didn't agree on the Vela call (high stick) but he managed to get it back.

Onto Maine...
    I believe it was the Founders medal.

Seasoned Veteran

Lovin' my DU bobblehead and my DU sweater(got the winning bid on one!).It was fun going on the ice with the players to get my sweater from Cefalu! Ref won too

All bids accepted on both. (JK!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    I believe it was the Founders medal.
    Thanks! The name of the medal escaped me. Whatanight!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post

"Richie Boyd ... meet Richie Umile"
    Actually last night HE commish Bertanga (do I have that right too lazy to look it up) took off his coat (or whatever) and had a Melrose hockey (???) jersey on...must've read your posts...Someone (Aerman) correct me if I have that wrong!
    Let's Go 'Cats!

Go 'cats!

Best night of the season last night. Hopefully the take away for younger players, recruits in the house was, "Yeah, I want that".
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Sounds like a bigger night than the last game at Snively Arena; sorry that I missed this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Best night of the season last night. Hopefully the take away for younger players, recruits in the house was, "Yeah, I want that".
    Def was and there were recruits in the house from what I heard. Crowd size had to be reminiscent of the past. Saw a high school friend who used to be a season tix holder in the 'hey day' and he came out to see Coach U honored. Would love it if we could have that crowd for Wednesday but I doubt it. Maybe the students will turn out... I agree; it was a great night.
    Let's Go 'Cats!

Thread Information