This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post

At 11:25 into the video there is some footage of Brent Peterson scoring a goal against NMU. One of the Tech players grabs him by the jersey and pulls him into the Northern crease- for reasons I do not understand. The goalie gives him a little chop to the back of the legs. He probably deserved it.
    It was Tapper that pulled him over to celebrate in the crease. If I recall, there was some bad blood over some NMU celebration that was too close to Jamie Ram, possibly in that game at Lakeview. It was a little less than subtle, but Tap also knew that Paul Taylor was not the most stable or calm goalie so you could get in his head. Incidentally the Huskies won that game 4-3 on a late goal by Layne LeBel.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

This is for BB, since I know he is a big music fan.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLR_...jIZL4QkSfTzX4P
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
        As I was watching I saw two interesting things, both in the pregame portion.

At 11:25 into the video there is some footage of Brent Peterson scoring a goal against NMU. One of the Tech players grabs him by the jersey and pulls him into the Northern crease- for reasons I do not understand. The goalie gives him a little chop to the back of the legs. He probably deserved it.
        In the video, the Tech home game they noted as 10/30/93 and I'm guessing that the other game at the Berry was also from the 1993-94 season as Kyle Peterson joined the team that year and Brent's jerseys said "B PETERSON" on the back as a result. The next season (1994-95) Tech was wearing Piano Dog on the road jerseys. I always felt like Pat was a pretty level headed guy on the ice, but that just goes to show what happens in rivalry games... Shenanigans! Love it.

Ryan
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          A little sore that the Gophers were the last team out? Take comfort that North Dakota and BC didn't make it in.
          Yeah a little sore, but that doesn't excuse not knowing why certain teams made it, and certain ones did not.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader
            Also Providence is particularly aggressive on the pp. They bring the weak side defenseman in very close once the puck goes down below the goal line.
            Sounds like a perfect spot to put a speedster like Jackson on the high side of the box and let them bring that weak side D in if they dare, because you know no one is catching "Jacko" once he gets a step on their D.

Lacking that, we just need to make them suck on the PP.😳
            Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 03-20-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Yeah a little sore, but that doesn't excuse not knowing why certain teams made it, and certain ones did not.
              To be fair, I grew up a Gopher fan and am a bit bummed they didn't make it in. It is hard to see U of M being so highly rated when they go 10-12-2 in conference. I understand/accept that the PW/RPI is heavily weighted in non-conference schedule. Since most of the B1G is/was rated in the top 15 all season, losses really don't hurt their PW/RPI. USCHO has a very good article about the PW and how it is calculated.

As a famous Minnesotan said, you can always tell a Minnesotan, but you can't tell them much.

Comment

The only thing better than the Yellow Rodents missing the cut is Tech making it. I've hated that team since 1974.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  The only thing better than the Yellow Rodents missing the cut is Tech making it. I've hated that team since 1974.

I'm guessing after how the season started, that Lucia's job is on the line now. Which imho it shouldn't be, but knowing the Minnesota fans, it is.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I'm guessing after how the season started, that Lucia's job is on the line now. Which imho it shouldn't be, but knowing the Minnesota fans, it is.
                    Already hear rumors of the NMU coach being looked at as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Given the recruiting misses, and his lack success the last 10 years (relatively). I think he probably is gone, and rightfully so, for a program like MN.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't think Lucia's job should be in jeopardy, but from what I've seen, I think he's OK with walking away at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Already hear rumors of the NMU coach being looked at as an option.
                          Just a matter of time. He's probably renting and has his stuff in storage in the Twin Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin
                            http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/...ter-19-seasons

OK I was sort of joking but it just got real.

Looks like Lucia is gone and I would bet the farm on Potulny.
                            It was pretty much a sure thing when you posted earlier.

Potulny is possible, but he doesn't have much experience yet. Who knows which way MN will go. Here are 5 names, in order of liklihood IMO: Rohlik, Richards, Hastings, Potulny, Guentzel
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              It was pretty much a sure thing when you posted earlier.

Potulny is possible, but he doesn't have much experience yet. Who knows which way MN will go. Here are 5 names, in order of liklihood IMO: Rohlik, Richards, Hastings, Potulny, Guentzel
                              Ha ha ha. Yeah I deleted that after I realized I was way behind. I obviously don't read Minnesota threads. I like Hastings in the WCHA I hope he stays.

I think Potulny needed the seasoning as the heir apparent to Lucia but there is no guarantee there's another opening before he's in his 50's. He obviously knows how to coach and recruits recruit themselves to Minnesota. Hire him and be done. He can learn the finer points while taking his team to Frozen 4's.
                              Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 03-20-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                                Ha ha ha. Yeah I deleted that after I realized I was way behind. I obviously don't read Minnesota threads. I like Hastings in the WCHA I hope he stays.
                                This has felt like it was inevitable, based on the reports that have been out there since Sunday night. It was going to happen, now it is just official. Rumor is MN is also going to lose Lindgren and Mittelstadt to the NHL. The D for MN next season is mighty thin.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X