Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    This thread is unreadable...
    I assumed that would be the case, and didn't bother reading back. Fortunately, they arrested this recent spiral with some authority tonight.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I would ride whoever has not lost last. Right now, Robbie deserves the next start.

I still like Kero’s last appearances....
      Go Huskies!

Comment

I will admit, with the 5 on 3 at the end of the game. 4 goal lead. Further penalties are meaningless.... I figured the game was about to get ugly. It finished better than I thought it would.
        Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by mtuhuskies View Post
          ok, we're thinking it so i will ask it.

Is robbie beydoun the horse we ride through the finish line?

Sent from my sm-g920v using tapatalk
          yes!
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
            I would ride whoever has not lost last. Right now, Robbie deserves the next start.

I still like Kero’s last appearances....
            So are you saying switch it up again as soon as Robbie loses? Tough to get needed confidence if you're worried that you will lose your posotion if you lose - even if you play well.

Joe said he played tonight like the guy he recruited. I think he needs to give a little longer leash to whomever he starts and let that guy prove himself over more than just 3-4 games.

I like Kero but I'm fine with Robbie playing out the rest of the schedule. He has the most time left with t he team and by many accounts the most potential.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

First week of February, it's time to pick a guy and try to run with him. IMO, Beydoun has clearly shown the most potential of the three.

Comment

I really liked Robbie Beydoun tonight. He deserves a longer leash for sure. Consistency is still a problem, for the defense and G. Perhaps anything with a 0.900SV% deserves to keep playing regardless of score. 4 goals in 8 shots like last night, and my memory is erased....
                Go Huskies!

Comment

Consistency.

There is a lot to be said about the skaters becoming comfortable and consistent with a regular goalie.

Comment

I like this team.!
                    i like these coaches.!
                    I especially like these coaches.!!!

We had 4 of the 6 D men who started the year out and we played really well. Who would have thought. I give the coaches all the credit for teaching these guys hockey. We have quite a few guys who really, really have made strides since the beginning of the year.
                    I thought we played better in two big ways. We came out of the zone much better, we didn't let BG get their forecheck going and we were able to get a number of odd man rushes off that....And B. the special teams were a lot better.
                    we played almost the whole game with three center men. the shifts were really short, maybe 30 or 40 seconds and those guys really showed a lot of stamina. Everyone was beat by the end, BG too, but our guys just gutted it out.
                    The Anderson line played a lot better tonight. Stayed behind the puck and cut down on the turnovers.
                    We got our nose dirty, which was nice to see. I thought Blacklock made a difference, he really sacrificed over and over again.

The best game of the year.

I don't think suddenly Beydoun has changed, I think it was a combination of things that let him see the puck better, the rebounds got swept up quicker, and Bg missed the net a lot. As a team, they just played great. Nice to get a shutout. I think Kero is ok, but he's last on my depth chart.
                    The BG fans around me were very nice again and good luck to them in making the tournament. I hope they do.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I like this team!

I like the coaches!

And now I like this goalie!

Ride him to a WCHA Championship!

Go Huskies!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

With Bemidji losing again tonight, this sets up a huge Winter Carnival series next weekend. Good luck finding a reserved seat for the games. Friday has 9 single seats scattered throughout the arena. Saturday isn't much better, 26 reserved seats up for grabs.( Found what was left for sale at "Buy Tickets" at Tech's athletics website.)

I am sure there will be plenty of SRO seats if you plan on getting them early in the week.

These games will be huge and may decide the final home playoff spot.

GO HUSKIES!
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          Consistency.

There is a lot to be said about the skaters becoming comfortable and consistent with a regular goalie.

But they aren’t comfortable if the goalie gives up soft goals.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            If all three goalies give up soft goals, as each of these three have this year, skaters are more comfortable knowing the coaching staff has the confidence in a goalie to stick with him even after a soft goal. ALL goalies occasionally give them up, even Saint Angus.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              But I agree that their comfort level goes down if a clear cut backup comes in and gives up soft goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                If all three goalies give up soft goals, as each of these three have this year, skaters are more comfortable knowing the coaching staff has the confidence in a goalie to stick with him even after a soft goal. ALL goalies occasionally give them up, even Saint Angus.

Which skater on this team told you that?

Comment

Working...
                                X