Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Bale View Post
    That was a horribly played shot. That should have been a dump in with very little to no danger. Probably why LaCouvee was caught so off guard by it. Ugh....
    its overtime...take the shot, never know what could happen
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Judging from NMU's attendance pattern, they will probably have about 2000 tickets they can't sell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Or probably not. They are sold out.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Or probably not. They are sold out.
        if NMU police enforce the scalping law, I'm not sure it will be full
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          We need to give Joe and the guys a lot of credit. This season could have gone either way.

Someone on here at the beginning of the hockey year, said this team had more fight/resiliency than previous Tech teams. This group has more than proven that to be true.

Give Joe and staff a lot of credit for challenging and helping to mold this team. By all accounts this was slated to be a rebuilding year. We lost a lot of key pieces (goalie, half of our D, and several key Forwards) I don't think he will get WCHA coach of the year, but he should be in the discussion.

The guys deserve the most credit for not giving up and finding ways to grind out Ws these last few weeks. They fought through injuries, short benches, grumbling fans (me included), and a coaching change. The goalies deserve extra credit for Devin stepping up and carrying us this far and Packy for stepping up after picking splinters and playing two back to back solid games.

Bring on NMU!!
          I said that after one of their comeback wins towards the beginning of the season when things were't looking quite as bad as they did at times. I would have shied away from it towards the middle of the season and the Ferris series, but since that series they absolutely have proven that and then some.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            its overtime...take the shot, never know what could happen
            I agree. Nothing that Tech did wrong, just badly misplayed by MSU. I didn't realize just what happened until I saw the replay this morning. I was more just shocked when it happened as MSU seemed to be gaining steam in the previous 2 minutes. It seemed like the scales were tipping in MSU's favor and then that happened.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

That was a fun game with great atmosphere. Best hockey I saw all weekend.

I had a thought, how many tickets could be sold if they could expand the BEC as much as possible? I'd say easily 10,000.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                That was a fun game with great atmosphere. Best hockey I saw all weekend.

I had a thought, how many tickets could be sold if they could expand the BEC as much as possible? I'd say easily 10,000.
                That's the downfall of this playoff format. But, at the same time, they play this game at the X, and it would still be empty as hell. So what do you do about it? I have no idea.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  That's the downfall of this playoff format. But, at the same time, they play this game at the X, and it would still be empty as hell. So what do you do about it? I have no idea.
                  You do exactly what they are doing (location, not ticket sales procedures).

I was at the championship game at the Mac last year and it was the best sports atmosphere I have ever experienced. Bar none. None of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, MLB LCS Series or any other game at any level even comes close. Playing this game at the X, or any other neutral site would sacrifice most of the energy that was in the building last year, and will be at the Berry on Saturday. I wish I could be there in person, but having only 4000 fans in a packed smaller rink on campus is way better than having 10,000 in an NHL rink.

The WCHA should keep the playoff format the same, just improve the sales procedures so schools like Northern can't screw over their fans again.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

The WCHA should keep the playoff format the same, just improve the sales procedures so schools like Northern can't screw over their fans again.
                    That's all on Northern. The WCHA leaves it up to the schools to sell the tickets how they see fit as the WCHA is getting their game fee not matter what.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

BTW, if BU wins HE, it looks to me that North Dakota is out.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

You do exactly what they are doing (location, not ticket sales procedures).

I was at the championship game at the Mac last year and it was the best sports atmosphere I have ever experienced. Bar none. None of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, MLB LCS Series or any other game at any level even comes close. Playing this game at the X, or any other neutral site would sacrifice most of the energy that was in the building last year, and will be at the Berry on Saturday. I wish I could be there in person, but having only 4000 fans in a packed smaller rink on campus is way better than having 10,000 in an NHL rink.

How did Northern screw over their fans?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          How did Northern screw over their fans?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          If I was a Northern fan that has season tickets and I couldnt get tickets to a conference championship game because they sold 40 to some scumbag that kept getting in line to get 10 per transaction, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I was a Northern fan that lives in Detroit and couldn't get to Marquette on 9 hours notice to stand in line for tickets while most schools make them available over the phone or online, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I was a Northern fan that lives and works in Marquette, can't afford season tickets but get to 5-6 games a year when I can, but I have to be at work by 7:00 Monday AM so I can't wait in line at the ticket office, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I'm a Northern fan that is paying tuition to NMU for my son, he stands in line for 90 minutes and they tell him he can only have one ticket with his ID and won't sell him a non-student ticket so I can see the game with him, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

As a Tech fan I expect Northern to try and screw me. Which makes me so happy I'm not a Northern fan getting screwed by my favourite team.

Comment

If I was a Northern fan that has season tickets and I couldnt get tickets to a conference championship game because they sold 40 to some scumbag that kept getting in line to get 10 per transaction, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I was a Northern fan that lives in Detroit and couldn't get to Marquette on 9 hours notice to stand in line for tickets while most schools make them available over the phone or online, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I was a Northern fan that lives and works in Marquette, can't afford season tickets but get to 5-6 games a year when I can, but I have to be at work by 7:00 Monday AM so I can't wait in line at the ticket office, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

If I'm a Northern fan that is paying tuition to NMU for my son, he stands in line for 90 minutes and they tell him he can only have one ticket with his ID and won't sell him a non-student ticket so I can see the game with him, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.

As a Tech fan I expect Northern to try and screw me. Which makes me so happy I'm not a Northern fan getting screwed by my favourite team.

My guess on the in-person restriction is to screw tech fans. My conservative estimate is that half of the arena would be black and gold if they opened up online sales immediately following last night's results. The universities huskyphobia is apparent in how they've banned our band from all sporting events on their campus.

I hope the majority of those bulk purchases are to secure tickets for family and friends that couldn't make it to the ticket office due to work or location. I have a relative living in mqt who bought a handful for both tech and nmu family members who couldn't physically get there to buy them.
                            Last edited by AFHusky; 03-12-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AFHusky View Post
                              My guess on the in-person restriction is to screw tech fans. My conservative estimate is that half of the arena would be black and gold if they opened up online sales immediately following last night's results. The universities huskyphobia is apparent in how they've banned our band from all sporting events on their campus.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk
                              I agree it was probably meant to screw Tech fans, but Tech fans were not the only ones screwed by it. If I was a Northern fan I'd be irate. That's no way to treat a loyal fanbase that regularly turns out slightly over 2000 fans per game.

Comment

I agree it was probably meant to screw Tech fans, but Tech fans were not the only ones screwed by it. If I was a Northern fan I'd be irate. That's no way to treat a loyal fanbase that regularly turns out slightly over 2000 fans per game.

Did they release all tickets in the building this morning? At least how tech did it, they released all but the season tickets and some visiting team seats. If they weren't purchased by the folks they held them for by Wednesday afternoon or something like that, they were made available. I bought some unclaimed season tickets when the opened up mid-week.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X