Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

MTU vs ASU Saturday night is the only weekend game not on demand on WCHATV?

Censorship?

Hopefully they are just trying to get the complete game but it should not take this long!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
      MTU vs ASU Saturday night is the only weekend game not on demand on WCHATV?

Censorship?

Hopefully they are just trying to get the complete game but it should not take this long!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Apparently there's 18 minutes of missing tape.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here interested in buying a Black "Bruins Wheel" style MTU jersey? We're less than a handful away from having enough people to order those jerseys too.
        http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hocke...tu37_17r_f.jpg
        If interested in any MTU jersey please fill out this form:
        https://techhockeyguide.com/authentic-jerseys/
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Bush league for sure.
          Time for Coach Joe to tape some foil to his knuckles...
          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
          Abe Lincoln

Comment

WHOA...the DMG hockey beat writer is HOT...raawwrr
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

I don't get it? I was at the game and saw nothing that should have set off that firestorm.
              It's going to be real interesting to see the universities response to Coach Shawhan's actions.
              Sorry coach but that looks like a little more than "Just hockey"
              Last edited by rustedblades; 02-18-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I don't get it? I was at the game and saw nothing that should have set off that firestorm.
                It's going to be real interesting to see the universities response to Coach Shawhan's actions.
                Sorry coach but that looks like a little more than "Just hockey"
                How exactly was Shawhan the problem?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did you miss the cross check on L'Esperance, then the takedown of Steman and then the 2x1 punches to the head by Crostin.
                  That had to get the Tech bench irate.....game is over, you got us 2-1 on the year and you pull that bs....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    How exactly was Shawhan the problem?
                    Unless someone was down there on the ice and heard every word, you have no clue.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Unless someone was down there on the ice and heard every word, you have no clue.
                      Exactly. The coach part of it could very well be Shawhan's fault, you can't tell from the video we have and even the people here that were at the game don't know what was being said etc. Overall it's an embarrassment for both teams and something that should never have happened to begin with.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        Exactly. The coach part of it could very well be Shawhan's fault, you can't tell from the video we have and even the people here that were at the game don't know what was being said etc. Overall it's an embarrassment for both teams and something that should never have happened to begin with.
                        My point is words are just that, from what I saw it did not appear that Shawhan made the first move for contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Did you miss the cross check on L'Esperance, then the takedown of Steman and then the 2x1 punches to the head by Crostin.
                          That had to get the Tech bench irate.....game is over, you got us 2-1 on the year and you pull that bs....
                          Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          My point is words are just that, from what I saw it did not appear that Shawhan made the first move for contact.
                          I like the rest of you have no idea what was being said between the coaches, before they went their separate ways.

However, in the Tech highlight video the attempt to go after Joel at the end of the game is clear. As is going after Steman 2x1 after Joel doesn't bite. Two guys have Steman down and punching him with Kero trying to pull them off.

In the rest of the videos I've seen with everything happening at center ice you can't see what all is going on. But I was told by someone who was there that one of ASU's coaches was throwing sucker punches on our players. And clearly the couple of times it starts to get separated it is ASU players that come in and try to keep it going..

I don't blame our coach or players one bit from what I've seen and heard. ASU coaches and program = HUGE LOW CLASS JOKE

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

How about the ones that are getting shipped out of town. Are they on the way?

Comment

ASU is more than welcome to go join the NCHC. They'll fit in real well in that conference with the other quitters and sore losers. No need to schedule ASU for NC anytime in the near future either.

I agree with what someone else said that unless you're on the ice you don't know the whole story. I watched the Ice Breaker Championship game between Tech and ASU from between the benches with nothing but fresh Las Vegas air between me and the ice. Some of the stuff the ASU guys said to the Tech bench during that game... their mothers would smack their mouths clean off their faces if they had heard what was said. I'm sure some of what happened Saturday started way back in January.

I get that trash talking is part of competitive sports, but some of the stuff that was said wasn't near the line, or just over the line. It was WAY over the line. What happened at the end of Saturday's game was just more of the same. Classless garbage from a team that has nothing to play for, and knows it.

Ryan
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                I like the rest of you have no idea what was being said between the coaches, before they went their separate ways.

However, in the Tech highlight video the attempt to go after Joel at the end of the game is clear. As is going after Steman 2x1 after Joel doesn't bite. Two guys have Steman down and punching him with Kero trying to pull them off.

In the rest of the videos I've seen with everything happening at center ice you can't see what all is going on. But I was told by someone who was there that one of ASU's coaches was throwing sucker punches on our players. And clearly the couple of times it starts to get separated it is ASU players that come in and try to keep it going..

I don't blame our coach or players one bit from what I've seen and heard. ASU coaches and program = HUGE LOW CLASS JOKE
                                Yep, but if you want to cast blame their way, then you can't be seen as even 1/10th at fault. You can't be walking over the ice to their side, you can't be doing anything that might be construed as contributing!
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X