Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I'm sad. But Air Force is still beating St, Clouud.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 3.14159

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

You deserved the win. A broken stick was the difference. G** D*****. What a game.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Air Force is going to beat #1 St, Clouud
    Boosh Factor 3.14159

Mighty Techster

First game I got to watch this season. Nice game from Gould. Everything was going wrong for Auk. Birks' luck was almost as bad.

But hey, great season. This team went much farther than I thought they would. Hopefully this shows potential recruits that there will not be a dropoff without Marv.

Tough way for Auk to end his Husky career. He is just a super player to watch, I will miss watching him in black and gold.

Thank you to the team for such an exciting finish to the season. I was hoping against hope I'd see them in st Paul, but I'll still be the guy wearing the Husky sparkle jersey at the Xcel.

I like this team!!!

Inspired by Actual Events

welp...........

there's only one question,
    how many days until hockey season starts?
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Go Mavs!!

stuck below the bridge

Heck of a game. Heck of a run to end the season. NO reason to hang the heads.

Best wishes to the Seniors as they embark upon the pro careers.

Sorry guys.

I am so proud of this team. They owned Notre Dame down the stretch of the 1st OT. This was a Championship capable team. It always takes a little puck luck to win the championship. In this case, it was lying on the goal line. Oh my gosh. Great game.

what

Sitting in Sioux Falls watching on my phone and routing for both 4s to make it. Sorry it ended that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
    I am so proud of this team. They owned Notre Dame down the stretch of the 1st OT. This was a Championship capable team. It always takes a little puck luck to win the championship. In this case, it was lying on the goal line. Oh my gosh. Great game.
    ND had the puck luck on their 1st goal too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have to assign an error to Tech's goaltender too. When the puck came into Tech's zone he stopped the first shot with the body, the puck dropped in front of him and he panicked and swatted it into the corner with his stick. With one of your guys with no stick the last thing you want is to keep it alive in your zone.
    By all rights he should have gotten the glove on it and stopped the play so all his guys would have had lumber. Faceoff in your zone would have been the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-23-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Melrose is an embarrassment to all hockey.. honestly can't ESPN get someone other than a washed up has been coach/ mediocre player to do their broadcasts??
    Honestly the best broadcast duo ESPN had was Allen Bestwick and Colby Cohen two years ago. Allen Bestwick and Billy Jaffe last year was almost as good.

Buccigross and Melrose are insufferable.

Can't really say that a team that led for all of 2 mins the entire game deserved to win it. I thought our faceoffs were shaky from midway through the 3rd period on, and Auk and Birks made some bad decisions with their passes.

Sucks to lose the way we did. Best of luck to the seniors.

Hopefully Reinke and Luchinni stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Aw, c'mon. You don't like a guy who SCREAMS "SHOT!!!!" every time someone lines up to shoot??

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Honestly the best broadcast duo ESPN had was Allen Bestwick and Colby Cohen two years ago. Allen Bestwick and Billy Jaffe last year was almost as good.

do they ever do any prep work for the games? Melrose always sounds like he walked in from the street and sat down and started talking. Bucci is almost as bad. I bet most of our college announcers are better than those two.
    Boosh Factor 3.14159

Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    do they ever do any prep work for the games? Melrose always sounds like he walked in from the street and sat down and started talking. Bucci is almost as bad. I bet most of our college announcers are better than those two.
    Of course. Buccigross has already told us THREE TIMES in the first five minutes that Clarkson has "beaten Providence twice this year." Excellent preparation...hey, if you like someone who talks continuously, you've found your guy!

I can tolerate Bucci in small doses. Melrose is always insufferable everytime he opens his mouth.

stuck below the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I have to assign an error to tech's goaltender too. When the puck cane into Tech's zone he stopped the first shot with the body, the puck dropped in front of him and he panicked and swatted it into the corner with his stick. With one of your guys with no stick the last thing you want is to keep it alive in your zone.
    By all rights he should have gotten the glove on it and stopped the play so all his guys would have had lumber. Faceoff in your zone would have been the lesser of two evils.
    I can't disagree with this assessment.

Thread Information