Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Links?
    https://***********/eden_laase/statu...59868712456192

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      https://***********/eden_laase/statu...59868712456192

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Bush league for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Video doesn't show enough to be honest, not sure how Joe approached etc. but based on video it looks like ASU's coach over reacted and that's what caused the issue. Again, from the video can't see if Joe ran over there or rushed him so he could be equally at fault. Overall this is on the refs, they didn't take control of the game and allowed that stuff to happen at the end. WCHA officials are just terrible.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          Video doesn't show enough to be honest, not sure how Joe approached etc. but based on video it looks like ASU's coach over reacted and that's what caused the issue. Again, from the video can't see if Joe ran over there or rushed him so he could be equally at fault. Overall this is on the refs, they didn't take control of the game and allowed that stuff to happen at the end. WCHA officials are just terrible.
          I would say that's true but..... even if an opposing player or coach attacks one of our guys, it's not a license for the coach to go after him or anyone else....That goes for them also. You have to keep control of your players and the team's emotions at all times.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            It has not been a good year for WCHA officials, that is for sure.

That’s the most postgame excitement in the U.P. since Mel and Whitten had their postgame ****ing match. :P

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I would say that's true but..... even if an opposing player or coach attacks one of our guys, it's not a license for the coach to go after him or anyone else....That goes for them also. You have to keep control of your players and the team's emotions at all times.
              I agree, and I more mean that it escalated because the refs didn't keep control of the players and let them start stuff at the end which riled up the coaches on both sides and led to all of this. Root cause analysis puts it on the refs But it looks really bad on both sides for sure, again all I have seen is that Twitter video here which shows ASU's Hicks getting his arms up and flailing at Joe, so like I said, can't really judge what happened personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                I agree, and I more mean that it escalated because the refs didn't keep control of the players and let them start stuff at the end which riled up the coaches on both sides and led to all of this. Root cause analysis puts it on the refs But it looks really bad on both sides for sure, again all I have seen is that Twitter video here which shows ASU's Hicks getting his arms up and flailing at Joe, so like I said, can't really judge what happened personally.
                You would have to see it live to really appreciate it. I'm sure there will be better videos out later as people post there's. Snap chat has some good ones. Definitely not just going over to shake hands. Both coaches looked ready to duke it out. They definitely exchanged shoves. Makes the Pearson vs. Whitten incident look like child's play.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  You would have to see it live to really appreciate it. I'm sure there will be better videos out later as people post there's. Snap chat has some good ones. Definitely not just going over to shake hands. Both coaches looked ready to duke it out. They definitely exchanged shoves. Makes the Pearson vs. Whitten incident look like child's play.

It's definitely not a case of one side being lilly white and the other side all to blame. Joe should never have gone across the ice like that. It looks to me like there was some shouting going on before the arms started because Powers comes off the bench in a hurry there.

Comment

In case you can't tell in the videos it is ASU assistant coach Hicks and Coach Shawhan going at it; not Powers.

Comment

If you watch the highlight package, you can see Walker skating over to the Misfits after he scored. Then at the tail end of the game, he has a radar lock on L'Esperance and no intention but starting a fight. Beer league type stuff. And it didn't take much of a spark for 18 to start throwing haymakers before the video ends.

I'll be very interested to see if there is any supplemental discipline from the league.

Comment

How does supplemental discipline work for an independent? Or in a non-conference situation? Does the home team's league still hand down the suspension?

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          How does supplemental discipline work for an independent? Or in a non-conference situation? Does the home team's league still hand down the suspension?
                          I would think it's up to the team. With no league affiliation and no national mechanism, I'm not sure what they are obligated to follow. Mel has to deal with them next.

I'm a little more concerned about what the WCHA does to Tech. Maybe they cut the stream off on purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            I would think it's up to the team. With no league affiliation and no national mechanism, I'm not sure what they are obligated to follow. Mel has to deal with them next.

I'm a little more concerned about what the WCHA does to Tech. Maybe they cut the stream off on purpose?
                            I'm pretty sure it was just the stream that failed, they seem to have the entire game on video since the video stream we see is what goes on the scoreboard at the game I would assume they record everything at the arena level and not solely rely on stretch.

Comment

I think one of their players got a match misconduct so might that mean he’s out next week

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I think one of their players got a match misconduct so might that mean he’s out next week
                                Croston got a 5:00 fighting and a game disqualification.

Comment

Working...
                                X