Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I think ms is just pointing out that some of the same issues that have been there all season were there again last night. Lack of timely scoring, untimely penalties, couple of soft goals. Yet, it's hard to pin it on Kero. While the two that went in were on the soft side. He made some brilliant saves that kept the team in the game. If you can't score you can't win.. The team played hard and made a game of it. Need to play harder tonight, and need even a better game out of Kero (no pressure eh!). Let's take this thing to a game 3.
    Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 03-10-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      PK no. Goaltending yes. The two goals came on marginal shots at best. The first goal was a 1 on 3 with a shot from the bottom of the circle, no goalie in the modern game should be giving one up from there. He overcommitted toward the corner on the second one. To win a game there you have to be perfect and he wasn't.
      Tough crowd on here. If they all were perfect they'd be ranked up near MSUM?
      Kero gave them a chance to win. I guarantee there is nobody on the team or staff this morning putting this loss on goaltending.
      Bottom line they need more than one goal.
      I'm looking forward to another great game tonight and tomorrow!
      Mush! Mush! Huskies dogs!
      I like this team!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I do have one beef against the coaching staff this morning. Why are your 3 top scoring forwards on the bench for the last 1:26?

Coaching's also got to be better to win!

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          Tough crowd on here. If they all were perfect they'd be ranked up near MSUM?
          Kero gave them a chance to win. I guarantee there is nobody on the team or staff this morning putting this loss on goaltending.
          Bottom line they need more than one goal.
          I'm looking forward to another great game tonight and tomorrow!
          Mush! Mush! Huskies dogs!
          I like this team!

it's easy to be a tough crowd when you're not the ones actually playing the game. Isn't that always the case with any fan base? lol

Go Huskies!

Comment

I do have one beef against the coaching staff this morning. Why are your 3 top scoring forwards on the bench for the last 1:26?

Coaching's also got to be better to win!

Go Huskies!

Just watched the highlights again. Gould and L'Esperance were both on the ice. Not sure about Luchi

Comment

10 hours til faceoff. Let's go yous Huskies!

I like this team!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                Just watched the highlights again. Gould and L'Esperance were both on the ice. Not sure about Luchi
                I will have to watch it again. I thought it was the Smith, Baltus, Jackson line? Not sure who the 4th forward was?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Against any team you can't score 1 and expect to win.
                  How soon you forget: http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/boxes/malhmtu1.m13

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    It happens, but you can't expect it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      But was it a “soft” goal?
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I will have to watch it again. I thought it was the Smith, Baltus, Jackson line? Not sure who the 4th forward was?

The last 1:26 was as I stated with Reitmeier as the extra attacker.
                        Birks and Donahue on the blue line.
                        They had a chance to change with 50 seconds left and the play right by the bench and Auk was the only fresh guy they got out there.
                        Lack of situational awareness all the way around.
                        At 1:26 MTU gets the O zone face off. Time out coach! Rest them up and put your goal scorers on the ice. You had 0 out of your top 5 scorers on the ice.
                        Mind boggling now that I've re watched it a couple times.
                        Hockey 101 coaches!

Comment

The LGL line seemed like it was on the ice for most of the third period! I wonder what their minutes were?

For as crafty and skilled as #14 is, MSUM really seemed to shut him down a bit yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                            The LGL line seemed like it was on the ice for most of the third period! I wonder what their minutes were?

For as crafty and skilled as #14 is, MSUM really seemed to shut him down a bit yesterday.
                            Gould didn't get on the scoreboard but he worked his tail off last night and was really getting under the skin of the MSUM players. He is drawing a lot of coverage as is the whole line but they need to be on the ice. They logged a lot of ice time but played with energy most of the night. They had the shift just before the last 1:26 in which they did struggle a bit. Maybe the coach felt they were too gassed to go?

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                              Great showing by your fans and band ( I didn't expect any less!) When I turned to my 7 year old and said, " check out the Husky mascot" he had a look of disbelief. It took a while for him to process the strange mascot in HIS building. Priceless!! Love the playoffs and seeing Tech in the building. I always find myself routing for your team when their not playing the Mavericks. It's nice to walk the concourse after a win and not have to explain why the other team's fans are so rude. (insert old WCHA team from 80 miles away).
                              I totally agree. With the Tech band in the house, this building was as live as I have ever seen it (maybe excluding the triple overtime playoff win against that team from 80 miles away), and that's the way College Hockey should be. I remember a couple of years ago after beating Michigan Tech at the X, walking to a watering hole to celebrate, a few of the misfits were behind us and even though they just lost were the most friendly people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                                I totally agree. With the Tech band in the house, this building was as live as I have ever seen it (maybe excluding the triple overtime playoff win against that team from 80 miles away), and that's the way College Hockey should be. I remember a couple of years ago after beating Michigan Tech at the X, walking to a watering hole to celebrate, a few of the misfits were behind us and even though they just lost were the most friendly people.
                                Careful, I said this about the ASU fans in Vegas and look what happened the next time we played them 😀

Seriously though, I've always thought the Mavericks and Beavers organizations and fans had class.

Comment

Working...
                                X