Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Anyone here interested in buying a Black "Bruins Wheel" style MTU jersey? We're less than a handful away from having enough people to order those jerseys too... If interested in any MTU jersey please fill out this form: https://techhockeyguide.com/authentic-jerseys/
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      How about the ones that are getting shipped out of town. Are they on the way?
      They will be in the mail Tuesday or Wednesday.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

How exactly was Shawhan the problem?
        You can't be serious. As the coach you can't cross that line regardless of what was said or what was happening. You are the leader; not a very good example.
        Sure it's exciting but it can't happen.
        I'm sure any mature MTU alum and supporter is pretty embarrassed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Statement from Coach Shawhan, just released by Athletic Dept:

"What happened after Saturday night's hockey game is something I'm not proud of as the head coach of this historic program. I'm sorry for my involvement and know that it is not acceptable for Michigan Tech or the WCHA.

"Situations like that should never happen, especially with all the young faces in the arena who look up to our team and dream of being Huskies some day. We pride ourselves in having one of the best game day environments in all of college hockey and incidents like that should not be memories for our great fans.

"My team prides itself on sportsmanship win or lose. I thought our players did a great job trying to deescalate the situation, and I'm proud of them for that. They know how important it is to be leaders in this community.

"I thank our fans for the continued support of this team as we look to finish the season on a high note. Go Huskies!"

Comment

• Originally posted by AFHusky View Post
            Statement from Coach Shawhan, just released by Athletic Dept:

"What happened after Saturday night's hockey game is something I'm not proud of as the head coach of this historic program. I'm sorry for my involvement and know that it is not acceptable for Michigan Tech or the WCHA.

"Situations like that should never happen, especially with all the young faces in the arena who look up to our team and dream of being Huskies some day. We pride ourselves in having one of the best game day environments in all of college hockey and incidents like that should not be memories for our great fans.

"My team prides itself on sportsmanship win or lose. I thought our players did a great job trying to deescalate the situation, and I'm proud of them for that. They know how important it is to be leaders in this community.

"I thank our fans for the continued support of this team as we look to finish the season on a high note. Go Huskies!"
            It was the end of the game and ASU was getting ****ty. You and every other coach out there would want to have words with the ASU HC. Especially with 00:00 remaining.
            The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post

Nope. I'm proud of Coach Joe for standing up for the team. I love his passion.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I will say, do I think Shawhan or our team is at fault, no, I think it is 99% on ASU from the evidence we have seen, but I do think Shawhan made a mistake going over to their coach like he did and it looks ugly for us as well because of that. Neither side comes out looking good and I am embarrassed and sad that it happened.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  How about the ones that are getting shipped out of town. Are they on the way?
                  I want to get my hands on a cream MTU jersey. I don't have Twitter, so who would I message here to wrangle a Cream?
                  The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

To be clear, nothing really happened between the coaches other than some (probably) regrettable words and some pushing and shoving. It wasn't what I would call a fight. The fans are making a big deal out of it, but all the talk will only help future ticket sales.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                      I want to get my hands on a cream MTU jersey. I don't have Twitter, so who would I message here to wrangle a Cream?
                      https://techhockeyguide.com/authentic-jerseys/
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        You can't be serious. As the coach you can't cross that line regardless of what was said or what was happening. You are the leader; not a very good example.
                        Sure it's exciting but it can't happen.

Every game the coaches meet and shake hands and there are words. Joe wasn't happy with some things and said some stuff and a bunch of unprofessional things happen on the ice after the last whistle but without seeing the video from before it started (Eden Laase's video is the best to me) its hard to say anything. I just don't think going over to an ASU coach and calling their players bush league or whatever happen means that this is all Joe's fault. I am extremely proud of him for his statement and taking responsibility for what happen but I'm still not sure that he's the one that lost it and really caused this event to happen.

Comment

Every game the coaches meet and shake hands and there are words. Joe wasn't happy with some things and said some stuff and a bunch of unprofessional things happen on the ice after the last whistle but without seeing the video from before it started (Eden Laase's video is the best to me) its hard to say anything. I just don't think going over to an ASU coach and calling their players bush league or whatever happen means that this is all Joe's fault. I am extremely proud of him for his statement and taking responsibility for what happen but I'm still not sure that he's the one that lost it and really caused this event to happen.
                          From what little I've seen and heard, it seems to me that Joe's actions, however unprofessional they may have been, were reactionary and he was not instigating any of it.

Perhaps he should have handled it differently, but passion for his program and standing up for his team is a good thing. We've all done regrettable things in our personal and professional lives. How he owns it speaks louder to me than those actions themselves.

I like this team!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            To be clear, nothing really happened between the coaches other than some (probably) regrettable words and some pushing and shoving. It wasn't what I would call a fight. The fans are making a big deal out of it, but all the talk will only help future ticket sales.
                            You obviously were a) not at the game, b) don't have access to any of the video (all you need to watch is the video posted by the Gazette to prove you wrong) or c) have such thick, rose colored glasses that your reality is clouded.

I have no idea what words were exchanged, only the people on the ice know that; but the video is clear. It got very physical!
                            Last edited by rustedblades; 02-19-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

The time to talk to the other coach about such an emotional issue is not on the ice. it's later on. On the ice is, " nice game" and go back to the locker room and decide if you want to keep playing them. Believe me I have learned this the hard way and I did much the same kind of thing as the coach did, and I regretted doing it later on.
                              I know coach Pearson had issues with a couple of people in the 5 years he was here and i'm sure there were words and it does get emotional, but you have to keep a lid on it. Just go home and kick the dog or something. ( not really but you understand)
                              I also like this team and I'm looking forward to the playoffs.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Saint Mel got into a physical altercation with his former assistant Whitten after a similarly chippy ending. Angry faces and some choice words, then having to be separated in the press box.

Shawhan has half a team nursing concussions and after the way Gould, Donohoe, Lesperance, as Brice were treated (to name a FEW), I have no problem with the coach raising his voice. There are parents in the house watching their kids get run. They didn't seem upset with him. This is a game, yes. This is also a game you can end up in a wheelchair if you aren't sticking up for yourself.

Johnny Walker didn't make things better with his mouthing the bench and student section. I guess we're too far removed from the John Scott era. North Dakota learned there's a line.

I'm not interested in seeing ASU again. They wanted what they got and in my opinion and to Joe's credit, they got off easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X