Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Or probably not. They are sold out.
    davyd83, do you approve of the ticket sales procedures? I'd like to hear from a Cats fan about this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      Remember when some of you didn't think MTU would have a winning record this season?
      Let's be honest. I don't think the coach thought the team had the character and resiliency they've shown. As I've said since about a month in; this is a great team. Aside from early goaltending woes and some key injuries I honestly think this team would have an autobid.

Time to get it done and get this senior class it's 2nd WCHA championship, 3rd NCAA Regional appearance, first regional championship and first Frozen 4 appearance. Mush On Husky Dogs!! Mush On!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Game will be shown LIVE on FOX UP.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          davyd83, do you approve of the ticket sales procedures? I'd like to hear from a Cats fan about this.

Aparch just had a very good post about it in the WCHA thread.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            I agree it was probably meant to screw Tech fans, but Tech fans were not the only ones screwed by it. If I was a Northern fan I'd be irate. That's no way to treat a loyal fanbase that regularly turns out slightly over 2000 fans per game.

We are. There were at least 20 close friends, all former USCHO posters, who now reside at a minimum of seven hours away. All we were told last night, repeatedly through various sources (both friends/family in the BEC and online from the Uni) was that online sales would start overnight and in-person sales wouldn't start until 8am.

In the middle if the **cking night, NMU tweets that it's in-person only. No online sales. No phone sales.

Alumni, who booked hotel rooms (which were already mostly full in town), and started to make flight changes, had to cancel because of this stupid ticket procedure.

One alum voiced her displeasure via e-mail to the Presidents office, only to get a canned response that "this is what was decided upon."

This will have repercussions throughout the fan base, as they're pi**ing off the wrong people.
            Last edited by aparch; 03-12-2018, 06:10 PM.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What would be perfect is for some people to get arrested for scalping and for others, who bought tons of tickets, to get stuck with them .
              You might also google up the planet money podcast, the shortest super bowl. About ticket brokers.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                We are. There were at least 20 close friends, all former USCHO posters, who now reside at a minimum of seven hours away. All we were told last night, repeatedly through various sources (both friends/family in the BEC and online from the Uni) was that online sales would start overnight and in-person sales wouldn't start until 8am.

In the middle if the **cking night, NMU tweets that it's in-person only. No online sales. No phone sales.

Alumni, who booked hotel rooms (which were already mostly full in town), and started to make flight changes, had to cancel because of this stupid ticket procedure.

One alum voiced her displeasure via e-mail to the Presidents office, only to get a canned response that "this is what was decided upon."

This will have repercussions throughout the fan base, as they're pi**ing off the wrong people.
                I didn't realize it was this bad. Wow, great way to build a program Cats!
                That's one thing Marv used to do is make sure the alum$ were taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  If I was a Northern fan that has season tickets and I couldnt get tickets to a conference championship game because they sold 40 to some scumbag that kept getting in line to get 10 per transaction, I'd feel like NMU screwed me.
                  The way it sounds the only scumbags that would have an opportunity to get back in line and buy the additional tickets are the season ticket holders.

The regular line was way to long to ever make it to the front again.

Sounds like the fans kinda like screwing each other?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    The way it sounds the only scumbags that would have an opportunity to get back in line and buy the additional tickets are the season ticket holders.

The regular line was way to long to ever make it to the front again.

Sounds like the fans kinda like screwing each other?
                    That is how I understand it too, it was season ticket holders. But still, from the reports I've heard, the NMU staff didn't check IDs and these scumbags used names of people they knew held season tickets.

I guess it's possible they used fake names with the knowledge and consent of the other STHs who couldn't be there in person. But they wouldn't have to do that if STHs had a couple days to buy them on their own.

Comment

This sounds like quite the fiasco on the ticket situation, for both NMU fans and visiting Tech fans.

BTW, great series win at Mankato. I didn't see that one coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

What I think or how I’d do it is irrelevant. Even if I created what I thought was the “perfect plan,” I can guarantee that there would be plenty of people who would gripe about it.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          What I think or how I’d do it is irrelevant. Even if I created what I thought was the “perfect plan,” I can guarantee that there would be plenty of people who would gripe about it.
                          davyd83, Do you know if anything being alleged on here is accurate.

Obviously Aparch's story is from his own personal experience. I believe the rest of us are just going by what we are hearing and our slight MTU bias.

Comment

I really hope Tech does not wear the black uniforms on saturday.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I really hope Tech does not wear the black uniforms on saturday.
                              I don't know. The boys might like the blacks after the last couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                davyd83, Do you know if anything being alleged on here is accurate.

Obviously Aparch's story is from his own personal experience. I believe the rest of us are just going by what we are hearing and our slight MTU bias.
                                I was nowhere near the rink. I really couldn’t say. People whom I know that got tickets had no complaints, other than having to wait.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X