Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I don’t think he’s gonna get any time in the NHL and might get some AHL or even ECHL he doesn’t move the puck quick enough right now imho
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I don’t think he’s gonna get any time in the NHL and might get some AHL or even ECHL he doesn’t move the puck quick enough right now imho
      He reports to the Blues, not the AHL. Maybe he sits in the stands and never dresses. But it does sound like they are going to give him a shot. I agree though that next year you'll see him in the AHL or ECHL.

According to Joe, in order for Mitch to sign he had to get everything he wanted. And that it sounds like everything was in his favor to sign

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        He probably could have used another year, but hey if you're gonna get some NHL time, hard to turn down

From Joe show right now sounds like Birks has signed with Pittsburgh.
        Joe mentioned that the Pucksburgh scout at the Saturday BGSU game was really impressed by Birks game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          Joe mentioned that the Pucksburgh scout at the Saturday BGSU game was really impressed by Birks game.
          yep, I remember that. After I heard that I had a feeling he wouldn't be coming back for 5th year.

Comment

Where is Matt Roy playing
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

where is matt roy playing
              ahl
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Saw Tech recruits Brian Halonen (Des Moines) and Trenton Bliss (Green Bay) play yesterday. They look like they can be a couple really solid players for the Huskies.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Didn't notice Watson or Nardella (both with Green Bay)?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Based on today's JSH I think the next 2 years of NC schedules are set unless we get some more exempt games...
                    2018-19: GLI (Mich, MSU/LSSU), vs UMD, @ Wisc, @ Clarkson
                    2019-20: GLI (MSU, Mich/FSU), vs Notre Dame, vs Clarkson, @ ASU
                    Future series TBD: vs Wisconsin...thats what I've got

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      2018-19: GLI (Mich, MSU/LSSU), vs UMD, @ Wisc, @ Clarkson
                      2019-20: GLI (MSU, Mich/FSU), vs Notre Dame, vs Clarkson, @ ASU
                      The home NC schedule continues to be light next season. I'll likely make the trip to Clarkson to see someplace new. The 2019-20 home schedule is reasonable, but I would be happy to see Tech dump those pointless games @ ASU, especially with the way they played in Houghton this year.
                      Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

When is Marv going to bring his new team to Houghton?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Didn't notice Watson or Nardella (both with Green Bay)?
                          Neither played. Watson played Fri & Sat on the road, from what I can see online, Nardella hasn’t played since 3/7.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I think Reinke could have benefited from another year but it is what it is
                            Sorry to see him go
                            I wonder if other defenseman such as hughes from bigger. Name schools would have left or said another way would St Louis sign him if he had been at Minnesota
                            Why would being with MN make him change his mind? Just want to follow your thinking

Comment

I think Reinke could have benefited from another year but it is what it is
                              Sorry to see him go
                              I wonder if other defenseman such as hughes from bigger. Name schools would have left or said another way would St Louis sign him if he had been at Minnesota
                              IMO, it is all about where an individual sees them self playing, how they feel they are developing, and how much they like school.

Someone like Roy and Mitch might have set a goal of an AHL contract or $XXXXX per year as what it would take to get them to leave school. If Mitch had not been hurt, he would have a Matt Roy like season, and I suspect, a Matt Roy like deal. That might have been his decision point.

At a U of M you are talking about a good number of guys who are draft picks. They see their team mates leaving early for significant signing bonuses, playing time, and a fast track to the NHL, not for an ECHL contract (Looking at you Angus). Their expectations more than likely are higher as to what it will take for them to leave early.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                IMO, it is all about where an individual sees them self playing, how they feel they are developing, and how much they like school.

Someone like Roy and Mitch might have set a goal of an AHL contract or $XXXXX per year as what it would take to get them to leave school. If Mitch had not been hurt, he would have a Matt Roy like season, and I suspect, a Matt Roy like deal. That might have been his decision point.

At a U of M you are talking about a good number of guys who are draft picks. They see their team mates leaving early for significant signing bonuses, playing time, and a fast track to the NHL, not for an ECHL contract (Looking at you Angus). Their expectations more than likely are higher as to what it will take for them to leave early.
                                uhm, Reinke and Roy both got 2-year entry level deals.

To me Reinke got the offer he wanted, so he took it. If he had not, he would have come back. The fact that he got it, to me actually says a lot about how good of a job MTU is doing at developing players. If Reinke had been drafted, he's probably back for one more year because there would not be the pressure to worry about losing out on Reinke to another team.

Comment

Working...
                                X