Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I don't know if the team left last night or what, but getting into Bridgeport today is nigh onto impossible. If power stays on they might get in first thing tomorrow.
    They flew out last night. Skating at Yale's rink today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I don't know if the team left last night or what, but getting into Bridgeport today is nigh onto impossible. If power stays on they might get in first thing tomorrow.
      I don't think a little weak east coast snow is going to bother them.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You didn't follow along with THG's posted flight tracker link?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I know the time is out there... I'm hoping our flights Friday AM are ok...
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Time to get focused on the game...
            Beat the Irish!
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Is anyone going to Bridgeport but hasn’t bought tickets yet?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What are the thoughts on how we match-up with The Irish?

Comment

I don't know a lot about the Irish. C3PO was never my favourite droid so I don't make a habit of following ND.

Comment

Yea, it is hard to get past those ridiculous helmets. I wonder if they know they've voided the HECC?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                      Yea, it is hard to get past those ridiculous helmets. I wonder if they know they've voided the HECC?
                      Just a huge pet peeve of mine is football schools trying to make hockey helmets look like football helmets.

Looking at you Marv Parson. Also, OSU and PSU. Funny how they're all in the B1G.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Just a huge pet peeve of mine is football schools trying to make hockey helmets look like football helmets.

Looking at you Marv Parson. Also, OSU and PSU. Funny how they're all in the B1G.

Really? So all helmets should just be generic? I have absolutely no problem with those schools having style across multiple sports...granted I would hope that consistency extends to La Crosse or any other sport that requires a helmet...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Really? So all helmets should just be generic? I have absolutely no problem with those schools having style across multiple sports...granted I would hope that consistency extends to La Crosse or any other sport that requires a helmet...
                          I don't mind a logo on the side but I guess I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to the buckets. I had a hard time adjusting to the numbers on the forehead so TV could identify them.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Almost all of them do. Minnesota and Miami OH with the "M" on the side of the helmet. BGSU has the "BG" and screaming chicken hawk. Western has the Bronco,... I'm sure the ones with "major" football programs sit around a room and decided they need to have a unified "brand". To accomplish that, they go with their most iconic thing from their universities, their football teams. (It should be the other way around with Minnesota. Their football team has rarely been good.)

Where did the "Marv Parson" name for our former coach who decided to be a smelly weasels originate? I missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              Where did the "Marv Parson" name for our former coach who decided to be a smelly weasels originate? I missed that one.
                              That's not his name? I don't remember him too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                Marv, Merv, (Insert your own choice), doesn't really matter. That guy's just part of Tech history, nothing more. Can you imagine the egg on his face if Joe wins a title at Tech in the next few seasons...
                                Ryan
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X