Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Which skater on this team told you that?
    I never said a skater on this team told me that.

From 45 years of playing and/or coaching, albeit not at the D1 level, I am making a general statement from my experiences.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      I never said a skater on this team told me that.

From 45 years of playing and/or coaching, albeit not at the D1 level, I am making a general statement from my experiences.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      That makes sense! Nice bounce back win tonight for Tech!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

A big factor tonight was puck possession, the other team's chances are limited when they are chasing all night.
        Luch and Gould played really big, Steman was his usual solid self and I did not even notice the D which meant they all played well. Beydoun had some highlight reel saves to preserve the shutout.

I am glad Tech forgot the night before and went out and got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
          You're the one full of it. Smith slashed and crosschecked him in the face off circle, then chased him down the ice like a crybaby. McClain, acting like a senior leader, tried to walk away so as not to be kicked out.

Tech's behavior at the end of the game was classless. Obviously, with your language, you are classless as well.
          Sorry I am late to this, but if you think McClain didn't have a big hand in that, you need to take those orange and brown colored glasses off. How many games was he tossed out of, and I don't mean just this year? He is well know as a punk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
            Sorry I am late to this, but if you think McClain didn't have a big hand in that, you need to take those orange and brown colored glasses off. How many games was he tossed out of, and I don't mean just this year? He is well know as a punk.
            There are certainly a few of this type in the crowd. We sat near two of them. Apparently even other BG fans can't stand sitting by these two. Everything BG does is great. Everything Tech does is a penalty.

The first big hit on Kiilunen they went crazy, would have been dry humping each other if they hadn't been sitting a couple rows apart. Then our first big hit on a BG player the arms are up yelling whining an obvious penalty. Continued that way for every big hit. Theirs were great. Ours were illegal. On the puck that Birks swatted away the one guy was asking if it was legal to do that and wanted a review ( I s**t you not!!). A couple times BG players lost an edge with NO Husky anywhere near 'em. These two were screaming for tripping penalties. On the second one that happened near a face-off circle I finally said something "who do you want them to put in the box? The face-off dot?? There was nobody near him" They shut up for awhile.

All that being said we've gone down to BG each of the last three seasons and have no problems with the fans. Friendly conversations with people around us and well wishes on the rest of the season..

Comment

Amazing what a good A** kicking will do for a team.

At one point in the 1st we were getting out shot 9-4. complete opposite of the night before. Then we got the goal and things shifted a little bit. Came out in the 2nd and instead of imploding took over the game.

Most complete game I've seen all season. Better on the boards and in the corners. Better in front of the net. Beydoun made the saves he had to (obviously). A couple great ones. No easy ones past him. He got a little bit of puck luck as well. But their goalie got some too. We could have more, they could have easily had a few as well. We won the puck luck battle for once. Still some glaring turnovers but they didn't end up in the back of the net. Guys blocking shots like crazy. That one Gould layed out for is gonna hurt for awhile. Total dedication on everyone's part to sticking their nose in there blocking shots and getting dirty. Hopefully this becomes some sort of bonding "we are a team, everyone all in, every shift" game that sets bar for the last six games and play-offs.
              Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 02-04-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Who’s this McClain people keep talking about?
                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I was really impressed at how Tech played last night. I loved Burks glove save. Our D consistently forced breaks to the outside. Robbie was solid in goal and I hope gets more time in net. All around our guys played physical, with grit, and survived the very physical opening part of the game. We had some puck luck. I was very proud of how the team played, especially how depleted they are. If they keep playing like that, they are going to make a great run in the playoffs.

I like the new boards/glass at that rink. The fans around me were very nice. I give the rink crew props for trolling us by putting a shot of the the GLI trophy on the screen. I was disappointed in a minority of fans cheering after our players were down, play had stopped and the trainer was on his way. Some classless fans on the other side of the ice were holding up those 'Nobody' signs as Gould was on the ice as the trainer was attending to him. I know, I know, it is par for the course in most of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    THAT is funny! Good luck the rest of the way. BG is a real good team and plays hard.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      THAT is funny! Good luck the rest of the way. BG is a real good team and plays hard.
                      We’re engineers, never great at spelling. It’s McLain.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If there was ever a question whether BG and MTU had a rivalry in the nWCHA I think we have an answer.

Same to you in best luck the rest of the way. See you in 6 weeks?
                        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

As stated, I'm an engineer. Spelling isn't our strength.

Comment

McLame, McWhine, McBane, whatever....😀

It is a great rivalry and I hope we meet them again in the playoffs.

Comment

Fantastic Coach Joe Show this morning. Loved the "Stripes" reference. Bring on the Beavers. This should be a great weekend of hockey!

Comment

If there was ever a question whether BG and MTU had a rivalry in the nWCHA I think we have an answer.

Same to you in best luck the rest of the way. See you in 6 weeks?
                                Indeed. It's not Northern level hate... but I don't like you guys in a good way
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X