Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Looks like another unproductive week at work coming up. All my energy will be focused on 3:00 Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ huskies take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

If I was going to Bridgeport from here in Detroit, I'd fly to new york, and take the subway down to the train station and then catch the train to Bridgeport. You might also get into White plains and rent a car and they might have flights to a close city as well. but if I was doing it i'd go thru new york.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The arena in Bridgeport is 2 blocks from the train/bus station. You can take the bus which is 1.5 hours from new york or the train which is 1 hour 16 minutes. 12 trains per day from Grand central or the bus from the port authority bus station at 42ed st.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            If I was going to Bridgeport from here in Detroit, I'd fly to new york, and take the subway down to the train station and then catch the train to Bridgeport. You might also get into White plains and rent a car and they might have flights to a close city as well. but if I was doing it i'd go thru new york.
            This is probably the best bet for you guys. Hartford and Providence are also an option depending on price if you are willing to drive an hour. Bridgeport isn’t a city you want to hang out in and is pretty dull
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That was one hell of a fun game to watch! I agree that every time Rockwood or Loggins came over the line with the puck, Tech's D played it really well and gave them no space to make a play. I thought Northern played with class and it was nice to see a clean game with few penalties. I'm not sure about the penalty on the Misiak hit, that looked pretty clean to me, but I don't think it affected the outcome.

When the Huskies beat Minn St, I made a snap decision to travel to the Frozen Four and looking at the brackets, it looks like it's possible for the Huskies to play UM at the Xcel center. I know that is two tough wins from here, but ****, that would be cool.

I like this team! Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Meal View Post
                Notre Dame? I can hate them.
                Ha! Yes, this^^^

Comment

Thinking about the domers. They get more than their share of calls. Let's do what we can do to make that not be how our game goes. Coach, please don't use the black jersey, the gold is the traditional away jersey anyway. We don't need to give the refs any excuse to call anything.

Comment

I've done HPN for work, and it's usually an expensive flight, but with less than a week to go, there may not be much difference. I would look at BDL (Hartford) as well. The drive from there is a little over an hour, but you can potentially stay 20 mins away in New Haven, which is where Yale is, so it's a fun town.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I've done HPN for work, and it's usually an expensive flight, but with less than a week to go, there may not be much difference. I would look at BDL (Hartford) as well. The drive from there is a little over an hour, but you can potentially stay 20 mins away in New Haven, which is where Yale is, so it's a fun town.
                      I don't think it will be as nice a spot as Cincy was but there is still most likely a decent bar walking distance to the rink. We need a spot to rendezvous. As of now you could catch the 7:15 to LGA and make the game with ease. You could even catch the 9 am and still get there. All of this is assuming you are leaving friday morning.

Comment

I don't think it will be as nice a spot as Cincy was but there is still most likely a decent bar walking distance to the rink. We need a spot to rendezvous. As of now you could catch the 7:15 to LGA and make the game with ease. You could even catch the 9 am and still get there. All of this is assuming you are leaving friday morning.
                        The arena is in a very sketchy part of the city. When we were there for the regional in 2012, we drove along the street that leads to the arena the night before the games started and were waved down by cops who told us "you shouldn't be out here right now".

There used to be a decent pizza place named Two Boots near the arena, but I'm told it closed two years ago.

Comment

Why does the Big Ten conference have four teams in the NCAA tournament?
                          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                          Abe Lincoln

Comment

Good luck with the travel plans. From personal experience, never trust a flight out of the UP with a short connection time in Chicago! Especially if you’re thinking about traveling on game day!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYbvuzvGeo

Highlights from last nights game.
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0bTD2DDpk&t=1s

Huskies press conference after the game
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X