Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

The limit on beverages really comes down to the owners of the facility. If there were state limits on what could be purchased, they wouldn't make cases of beer to sell in stores and liquor stores wouldn't have carts.

For example, when I worked concessions as a fundraiser at Miller Park in Milwaukee (You know, named for a beer company, to push beer sales) their rule was they allowed the sale of one alcoholic beverage per empty hand that physically approached the concession stand. So if you walked up alone and still had an unfinished beer in your hand, you could only buy one additional beer. If you and your friend walked up together with four empty hands, you could buy a total of four alcoholic beverages on a single purchase.

Ironic that they applied the NFL's "empty hand" rule to baseball concessions sales.

Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      Do they still allow the "O-R-G-Y" chant?
      #Teamwork

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        "I've got a rope, I've got a tree...all we need is a referee!"
        You know UND actually tried to use this chant at the Ralph several years ago as well.

North Dakota Whioux Fans: "Hey everyone, that call was awful. Do that creative Tech chant we heard to get back at that ref!... I'VE GOT A ROPE!... I'VE GOT A... umm. Aww dang, yeah this isn't going to work."

Ryan

Comment

Jake Harrison committed to us less than three months ago. Now he's committed to Michigan.

http://www.westkelownawarriors.ca/ne...2019-20-season

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            Jake Harrison committed to us less than three months ago. Now he's committed to Michigan.

http://www.westkelownawarriors.ca/ne...2019-20-season
            Anyone who thinks Michigan didn't do actual recruiting of this player, you have rocks in your head. Mel Pearson ought to be ashamed of himself. So much for the gentleman's agreement.
            I believe that Michigan now has over 40 commits on the books. Someone is not going to be playing there.
            And while i'm on my high horse here. I used to think Mel was great as a coach, but as things have progressed this year, he did no services to guys like Birks and others who languished on the bench but got no help. I think the present staff does a MUCH better job of moving a guy along and getting him ready for the next level of play. Mel just used people.
            Last edited by manurespreader; 02-28-2018, 02:22 PM.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Anyone who thinks Michigan didn't do actual recruiting of this player, you have rocks in your head. Mel Pearson ought to be ashamed of himself. So much for the gentleman's agreement.
              I believe that Michigan now has over 40 commits on the books. Someone is not going to be playing there.
              Just confirms what we all know. Mel is hypocrite, and just an all-around scumbag.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                And while i'm on my high horse here. I used to think Mel was great as a coach, but as things have progressed this year, he did no services to guys like Birks and others who languished on the bench but got no help. I think the present staff does a MUCH better job of moving a guy along and getting him ready for the next level of play. Mel just used people.
                Birks languishing on the bench is a tad bit of an overstatement. He's been a regular in the line-up for the past several years. But I hear ya. And you are correct Mich. has a ton of recruits, not all of whom will play there. There must be some kids on that list who see the writing on the wall and are looking to move. Raid 'em.. *** for tat..

Young Mr. Harrison seems a tad on the smallish side for a usual UM prospect. Some pretty good ones on that list. Hope he knows there's a really good chance he's nothing more than a "depth" guy.

Comment

I know when the west end suites were put in and the band was underneath them, that is was extremely loud in the suites... Personally it did not bother me ,but I know that ALOT of complaining was done and can imagine it helped facilitate the move of the band from underneath them to their current location... I would prefer to see them on the west end behind the opposing goaltender twice!!!

Comment

Looks like Tech will be the final winners of the Broadmoor Trophy...

Just got the email release of this article on the new WCHA post season trophy:

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20180228mp8osn

Comment

Great idea - Let's name our new trophy after the coach of a team that bailed out of the conference. Brilliant.
                      Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        The “gentlemen’s agreement” isn’t worth the paper it’s not written on. Trust no one.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Great idea - Let's name our new trophy after the coach of a team that bailed out of the conference. Brilliant.
                          Ryan
                          I have to agree. Sauer was a terrific man and a great ambassador of college hockey. BUT his school left. There are plenty of deserving individuals from schools that are in the WCHA like John MacInnes & Rick Comley.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            I have to agree. Sauer was a terrific man and a great ambassador of college hockey. BUT his school left. There are plenty of deserving individuals from schools that are in the WCHA like John MacInnes & Rick Comley.
                            Yeah, I was wondering if they would charge it eventually given the trophy's connection to Colorado Springs and the conference losing CC or any presence between Minnesota and Alaska for that matter.

Aside from those two, I can't think of any other appropriate former coaches of current teams. All the other programs are relatively new and/or were always in the CCHA. Jeff Jackson is still coaching another team in a different conference.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Ryan
                              Have a better idea?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                Have a better idea?
                                Well, the last trophy was named for a well established business in a WCHA city. So, why not do the same again? Metler's Cup.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X