Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Just my thought, thought we would do a little better on All -WCHA team. Maybe will give the guys more incentive during playoff run.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
      Just my thought, thought we would do a little better on All -WCHA team. Maybe will give the guys more incentive during playoff run.
      When you finish 5th, you should consider yourself lucky to even make the all-conference team.

Comment

Every team got someone on the team except LSSU.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Every team got someone on the team except LSSU.
          But they did extend their coach's contract as a reward for missing the playoffs, so they have that going for them.
          Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            But they did extend their coach's contract as a reward for missing the playoffs, so they have that going for them.
            Ryan
            Always finding the silver lining!
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well our two weak areas bit us. Goaltending and pk.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I'm not sure I'd blame goaltending when we lose 2-1.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I'm not sure I'd blame goaltending when we lose 2-1.
                  I thought it was a real good game and well played, but against a team as good as that you can't be giving up those bad goals and expect to win.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I thought it was a real good game and well played, but against a team as good as that you can't be giving up those bad goals and expect to win.
                    Against any team you can't score 1 and expect to win.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Against any team you can't score 1 and expect to win.
                      Hope the offense can bring it tomorrow, we will need it.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Great showing by your fans and band ( I didn't expect any less!) When I turned to my 7 year old and said, " check out the Husky mascot" he had a look of disbelief. It took a while for him to process the strange mascot in HIS building. Priceless!! Love the playoffs and seeing Tech in the building. I always find myself routing for your team when their not playing the Mavericks. It's nice to walk the concourse after a win and not have to explain why the other team's fans are so rude. (insert old WCHA team from 80 miles away).

Comment

Seriously MS, did you watch the game? The guys just went toe to toe with the 4th ranked team in the country. Kero made some great saves! Would he like the first one back, probably but he looked really good tonight otherwise.
                          Great effort by the Huskies tonight! And it's Friday!
                          I like this team!!!
                          Go Huskies!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a good game. We really got outshot in the second period, but I thought we played them tough most of the game.

Go Tech!

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              PK no. Goaltending yes. The two goals came on marginal shots at best. The first goal was a 1 on 3 with a shot from the bottom of the circle, no goalie in the modern game should be giving one up from there. He overcommitted toward the corner on the second one. To win a game there you have to be perfect and he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                PK no. Goaltending yes. The two goals came on marginal shots at best. The first goal was a 1 on 3 with a shot from the bottom of the circle, no goalie in the modern game should be giving one up from there. He overcommitted toward the corner on the second one. To win a game there you have to be perfect and he wasn't.
                                I agree that he needs to make those saves but I will also add that you cannot pin it on a goalie that only gives up 2 on the road against a team that scores at a 4/game clip. I only saw it through Dirk's call but I'm guessing he also robbed a couple that should have gone in (you can correct me if I'm wrong).

You cannot expect to win on the road if you only get one of your own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X