Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I'd say the B&B, they seem to embrace showing the hockey games. When I was up a few weeks ago, they were showing a game @Ferris, and there were a decent amount of people there watching.
    While there, have a few pickled eggs for me.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Well, I for one can't be the only fan tired of some opposing teams getting away with thug behavior against our players. Particularly this season, it feels like some officials have just let a lot of stuff go uncalled, or under-called.

Flying into MQT/SAW Friday, hope the weather is good enough for a landing. The plane is packed - only 2 seats left as of yesterday.

Comment

I don't understand why some of this fan base constantly whines about getting beat up on by other teams. If MTU was doing the beating up you probably wouldn't have any problem with it.

Coach Shawhan envies these teams and wants the MTU team to play more like them.

I predict that within 2 to 3 recruiting cycles, if not sooner, this team will have the same thug reputation that so many of you hate.

It's just hockey, lift your skirt up and get after it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          I don't understand why some of this fan base constantly whines about getting beat up on by other teams. If MTU was doing the beating up you probably wouldn't have any problem with it.

I predict that within 2 to 3 recruiting cycles, if not sooner, this team will have the same thug reputation that so many of you hate.

I disagree. If you listened to his show on Monday, he stated that what happened won't happen again. I think words were said during the game by both sides and it festered at the end of the game and both sides let off some steam. Neither team wanted to back down.

It seems a little funny to me in all the home games I have attended it has never escalated to this.....maybe back in the 70's, if at all. Every team seems to have an instigator that likes to get under the other team's skin.
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

A video on YouTube just went up from the reverse angle. Very interesting how Powers has the stones to call out Shawhan after watching this a few times. The guy is a punk plain and simple. No surprise the league and officials aren't recommending punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
              A video on YouTube just went up from the reverse angle. Very interesting how Powers has the stones to call out Shawhan after watching this a few times. The guy is a punk plain and simple. No surprise the league and officials aren't recommending punishment.
              Link?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post

Make up your mind. Should we be embarrassed or should we beg for more?

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  Link?

https://youtu.be/BzQjXZAU4v0

Comment

Why does Shawhan have a death grip on the sweater of ASU’s #21?
                    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I agree and disagree. IMHO if we had that kid and IF he could skate, kind of like the Cornell kids, then yes I think the coaches would love to have him. I don't think he is going out of his way to find kids who might remake the team into a more physical grind it out team. Personally I'd like to see more speed not less. And I'd like to see a combination of size and speed.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                        I have read the comments and understand fandom. But there are two sides to every story and there will be little each side will agree on and nothing I would say would change the mind of anyone. But you all have passion because you care. With that said, it was a great trip. Met some great folks. Chatted with Andre who helps run the rink and Gary up in suites. Did you know Gary's story? If not, you need to go meet the guy. Cool history of playing hockey, including his time at BG. Awesome stories and both awesome folks. Also ran into your men's hoops coach during a shoot around the day before the Lake game and he couldn't have been more friendly. Two tough losses last week, but I will now be following and cheering them on. Enjoyed the trip and the pasty was delicious. Would love to come back someday. Good luck against NMU and the playoffs.
                        I think Tech is willing to take on it's share of responsibility, but the film is the film. I like the ASU fans but the program, not so much.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                          Why does Shawhan have a death grip on the sweater of ASU’s #21?
                          Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                            The league isn’t going to issue any penalties that would impact the Tech/NMU series. Nor should it. That’s hockey. It’s done and over with.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                              Make up your mind. Should we be embarrassed or should we beg for more?
                              I'm not saying the coach wants the fights. He wants guys that get under your skin, play on the edge. In my opinion he'd rather a team full of McLains rather than what he currently has.

I'm sure he is embarrassed and truly sorry about his actions on Saturday.

I personally like the team the way it is. Skillful and classy.

Comment

I personally like the team the way it is. Skillful and classy.
                                You can have skill players with a little bit of grit. The key is finding a way to make sure you don't lose the classy.

I like this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X