Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 370

Thread: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

  1. #101

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    21,066

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Please tell me an MTU fan won the 50/50 At least.

  2. #102
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,287

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Please tell me an MTU fan won the 50/50 At least.
    Doubt it. I'm not a big fan of that arena, because I don't like benches, but the people were nice.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    I disagree Munson didn't deserve his fate. 4 goals on 8 shots is pathetic. How come the other goalies can stop the puck. I'm tired of everyone defending these guys.
    I'm tired of the coach constantly laying it on the skaters. He made a statement in his post game show that "the good Lord is showing them their not playing the right way" or something to that affect. What is that? You might interpret his message as maybe you're not coaching the right way or maybe you're picking the wrong goalie or maybe the Lord's telling you your not a good coach. Seriously, does the Lord even care about a stupid hockey game!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    887

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Munson was in for the first 3, the third goal was a giveaway leading to a 2x1, seemed like a quick hook as he had no chance. The 4th was scored on Beydoun seconds After the goalie change deflating all momentum the change may have led to. Goals were too easy again, with the guys pressing everyone needs to play D first tonight. A split salvages the weekend, so letís go get it. Any team with Luch, Gould, Smith, Jackson, Líesperance should be getting the chances, just need to insure right side of the puck and score off the defense. We cannot count on the goaltending at this point so need to focus on trying to help that cause by controlling the puck most of the game.
    Cannot wait to watch the Huskies tonight, go Tech!!!!
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 02-03-2018 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #105
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,287

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I disagree Munson didn't deserve his fate. 4 goals on 8 shots is pathetic. How come the other goalies can stop the puck. I'm tired of everyone defending these guys.
    I'm tired of the coach constantly laying it on the skaters. He made a statement in his post game show that "the good Lord is showing them their not playing the right way" or something to that affect. What is that? You might interpret his message as maybe you're not coaching the right way or maybe you're picking the wrong goalie or maybe the Lord's telling you your not a good coach. Seriously, does the Lord even care about a stupid hockey game!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Maybe you missed where he included himself. He didn't just put it on the skaters. And if you were him what would you say.?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Munson was in for the first 3, the third goal was a giveaway leading to a 2x1, seemed like a quick hook as he had no chance. The 4th was scored on Beydoun seconds After the goalie change deflating all momentum the change may have led to. Goals were too easy again, with the guys pressing everyone needs to play D first tonight. A split salvages the weekend, so letís go get it. Any team with Luch, Gould, Smith, Jackson, Líesperance should be getting the chances, just need to insure right side of the puck and score off the defense. We cannot count on the goaltending at this point so need to focus on trying to help that cause by controlling the puck most of the game.
    Cannot wait to watch the Huskies tonight, go Tech!!!!
    I love your enthusiasm but this is a team game relying on the entire unit to perform. To say you can't count on your goaltending is silly. I understand exactly what you are saying but the team will not succeed without an effective goaltender. (or skaters that can score goals)


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Maybe you missed where he included himself. He didn't just put it on the skaters. And if you were him what would you say.?
    I understand he is in a tough spot but the guys worked really hard in the first despite missing some key guys and having 2 guys in the lineup with virtually zero playing time. They are demoralized by these games. They need the coaches support to stay positive and focused. Not the constant "they've always played the wrong way and their just not going to change". They've made great strides, they've played some really good hockey. Build them up, build their confidence, be supportive. You'd be surprised what a difference it would make.

    Example and I'm paraphrasing

    Dirk: Rockwell played pretty well...

    Coach: Yeah, he did some good things, but he was -3...

    It's the kids 1st game against one of MTU s toughest rivals. Why throw that in there in public?

    Again I think Coach Shawhan is a good coach of skills and how to play the game but if his conversations with the players go anything like his interviews I'm wondering how the players react.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rustedblades; 02-03-2018 at 09:51 AM.

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Soo, Mich
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I understand he is in a tough spot but the guys worked really hard in the first despite missing some key guys and having 2 guys in the lineup with virtually zero playing time. They are demoralized by these games. They need the coaches support to stay positive and focused. Not the constant "they've always played the wrong way and their just not going to change". They've made great strides, they've played some really good hockey. Build them up, build their confidence, be supportive. You'd be surprised what a difference it would make.

    Example and I'm paraphrasing

    Dirk: Rockwell played pretty well...

    Coach: Yeah, he did some good things, but he was -3...

    It's the kids 1st game against one of MTU s toughest rivals. Why throw that in there in public?

    Again I think Coach Shawhan is a good coach of skills and how to play the game but if his conversations with the players go anything like his interviews I'm wondering how the players react.


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Maybe they need some coloring time. Or a support peacock. The team is crushed by injuries right now, is sitting at .500 and youíd think its the end of the world in Houghton. Questioning the coachís ability with goalies? His track record has been outstanding in developing goalies at LSSU, NMU & Tech. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there just isnít the overall talent at the position that there hasnít been in the past few years. Kero has been on the bench. Munson is on his 3rd team in 3 years. And the other kidís a freshman.

    And by the way, Tech clinched a playoff spot.

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Maybe they need some coloring time. Or a support peacock. The team is crushed by injuries right now, is sitting at .500 and youíd think its the end of the world in Houghton. Questioning the coachís ability with goalies? His track record has been outstanding in developing goalies at LSSU, NMU & Tech. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there just isnít the overall talent at the position that there hasnít been in the past few years. Kero has been on the bench. Munson is on his 3rd team in 3 years. And the other kidís a freshman.

    And by the way, Tech clinched a playoff spot.
    You are actually making my point for me. I am not questioning the coaches abilities from a skills stand point. Never have. In fact I've said numerous times I think he's done a good job and yes I am know he is a good goaltending coach.
    But how about say exactly what you said; we are lacking in goaltending talent which requires are guys to play a totally different game than they are used to but they are working their tails off to play the way they have to. Coach them up.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Laker Country
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    He coached up some kid when he was coaching the Soo Indians in the Nahl also.

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,251
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I love your enthusiasm but this is a team game relying on the entire unit to perform. To say you can't count on your goaltending is silly. I understand exactly what you are saying but the team will not succeed without an effective goaltender. (or skaters that can score goals)


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I believe the skaters are #2 in the WCHA in scoring.

  12. #112
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    629

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Reinke - Out (our Hobey Baker guy)
    Ford - Out
    Donohue - Out
    Baltus (C) - Out
    Gillies - Out
    Jackson - playing at not 100%


    That's half our starting D including our best Dman, the team captain, a senior fwd, and another top forward playing injured. I think some folks are being rather unrealistic in their expectations at the moment.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    I believe the skaters are #2 in the WCHA in scoring.
    Again making my point. Quit beating up the skaters. They are doing great!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    375

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Reinke - Out (our Hobey Baker guy)
    Ford - Out
    Donohue - Out
    Baltus (C) - Out
    Gillies - Out
    Jackson - playing at not 100%


    That's half our starting D including our best Dman, the team captain, a senior fwd, and another top forward playing injured. I think some folks are being rather unrealistic in their expectations at the moment.
    Again, making my point. The coach is the one whining about the skaters not playing the right way yet all of You, including myself say they are doing fine under the circumstances.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  15. #115
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Guys, lets not fight amongst ourselves.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    65

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    I obviously don't know what's up with Kero, but I sure wish he had made the trip. I think he has been more reliable then the young guys by a long shot. Sure he tends to let in a soft goal now and again, but overall he has a lot more poise in net., Everytime Munson or Beydoun go behind the net I cringe. Why we aren't riding Kero at this point is a mystery to me. I think we have seen what we have with the other two guys.

    I like this team! I like this coach!

  17. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    161

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    I like this team. Warts and all, I like this team.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  18. #118
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    629

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    Again, making my point. The coach is the one whining about the skaters not playing the right way yet all of You, including myself say they are doing fine under the circumstances.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I guess we all hear what we want to hear. I don't hear whining, just simple statement of facts. Guys are out. The guys that are in aren't getting the job done. We all have to do better.

    So often in sports, as in life, when you are handed your opportunity you have to make the best of it. I'm not sure I'd say doing "fine." I "expect" them to step up. However, I recognize the limitations; expectations can't be the same with this line-up.

  19. #119
    Burnt Orange Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    What, me worry?
    Posts
    391

    Exclamation Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    You're the one full of it. Smith slashed and crosschecked him in the face off circle, then chased him down the ice like a crybaby. McClain, acting like a senior leader, tried to walk away so as not to be kicked out. Tech's behavior at the end of the game was classless. Obviously, with your language, you are classless as well.
    Hey John, go away. Classless is trolling another school's forum. Go find the BG forum. We're going to have to spray a whole bottle of Febreeze to get the Ohio stink outa here. Buh bye...
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

  20. #120
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    629

    Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    Guys, lets not fight amongst ourselves.
    I like the fights on the ice better! You hear anything yet as to Watson is out for tonight?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 7 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •