Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

This is embarrassing.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Some available goaltenders:

USHL
      Jacob Barczewski – 1999-01-07 – O'Fallon, MO – Tri-City (.915%, 2.25 GAA)
      Matt Jurusik* – 1997-05-01 – La Grange, IL – Sioux City (.914%, 2.60 GAA)
      Jaxson Stauber^ – 1999-04-27 – Wayzata, MN – Sioux Falls (.901%, 3.08 GAA)
      James Durham – 1999-03-27 – Grand Rapids, MI – Dubuque (.903%, 2.97 GAA) / Shreveport [NAHL] (.942%, 1.57 GAA)

NAHL
      Josh Benson – 1997-11-04 – Stillwater, MN – Fairbanks (.922%, 1.92 GAA)

BCHL
      Austin Roden – 1998-04-30 – Victoria, BC – Merritt (.934%, 2.45 GAA) / Nanaimo (.905%, 3.17 GAA)
      Mario Cavaliere – 1997-07-11 – Mississauga, ON – Surrey (.926%, 3.04 GAA) / Georgetown [OJHL] (.932%, 2.05 GAA)
      Nolan Hildebrand – 1998-04-13 – Calgary, AB – Penticton (.911%, 2.48 GAA)
      Mitch Adamyk – 1998-12-25 – Winnipeg, MB – Powell River (.911%, 2.87 GAA)

OJHL
      Jett Alexander# – 1999-11-08 – Bloomfield, ON – North York (.932%, 2.04 GAA)
      Christopher Elliott – 1999-04-16 – Oakville, ON – Oakville (.928%, 2.26 GAA)
      Brian George – 1999-01-04 – Farmington Hills, MI – Buffalo (.922%, 2.69 GAA)

*Two years of eligibility remaining (Wisconsin transfer)
      ^Cousin of Tech recruit Levi Stauber
      #Ranked #30 North American goaltender by NHL Central Scouting

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        This is embarrassing.
        What was embarrassing was the behavior of Tech player Alex Smith who slashed and crosschecked McClain and then chased him down the ice to try to provoke a fight. Then Watson went after another one of our seniors. I have read several times Tech fans complaining about the goon tactics of other teams, most recently last week at Ferris, but today it was Tech players that showed no class.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
          What was embarrassing was the behavior of Tech player Alex Smith who slashed and crosschecked McClain and then chased him down the ice to try to provoke a fight. Then Watson went after another one of our seniors. I have read several times Tech fans complaining about the goon tactics of other teams, most recently last week at Ferris, but today it was Tech players that showed no class.
          Bullshit, McClain instigated and ran his mouth then ran off like a pussy when confronted, at least Spezia had some balls.

Comment

THAT its total BS.!!!
            That jerk McClain was cross checking guys away from the puck all D*** night long. I was sitting near the boards and at the biue line where he instigated Crap all game long shoving people in the back, spearing guys, and doing all manner of unsportmanlike stuff. . I would have had a fight with him a lot sooner. He went over and challenged the bench after the 7th goal and was talking trash all game. He abrogated his defensive responsibilities a number of times to try to score a goal after the game was out of hand. He is an embarrassment to BG.

now having said all that, BG was by far the better team and after the first they played better hockey.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              Bullshit, McClain instigated and ran his mouth then ran off like a pussy when confronted, at least Spezia had some balls.
              You're the one full of it. Smith slashed and crosschecked him in the face off circle, then chased him down the ice like a crybaby. McClain, acting like a senior leader, tried to walk away so as not to be kicked out.

Tech's behavior at the end of the game was classless. Obviously, with your language, you are classless as well.

Comment

You're the one full of it. Smith slashed and crosschecked him in the face off circle, then chased him down the ice like a crybaby. McClain, acting like a senior leader, tried to walk away so as not to be kicked out.

Tech's behavior at the end of the game was classless. Obviously, with your language, you are classless as well.
                Wow, you are absolutely blind, McClain has been a cheap shot player his entire career and as pointed out by manurespreader was up to his antics this entire game, challenging the bench and slashing, crosschecking and grabbing all night, obviously visible to anyone watching the game. He walked away because he didn't wan't to get his *** kicked, not because he's an innocent actor here. And if that's the best you can come up with as a leader I would hate to see the character of the rest of your team.

Comment

As far as how the game went from a tech point of view.
                  We started slow and the first 5 minutes BG was forechecking real hard and we struggled. But a few times their heavy forecheck got them caught up and we had odd man rushes, so they stopped doing it. Jake Jackson in particular had a real good chance and shot it into the goalie instead of towards the edges of the goal where he most certainly would have scored.

our defensive play int he first was the best all season and we were really good about clearing out and did a good job coming out of our own end. However, Bg came out harder in the second and we on the other had didn't play as well.
                  we just struggled to get the puck out, and we had trouble even getting a shot on the pp. We just have to move the puck faster and move when the puck is not in our possession. That was one of the worst parts of our game.
                  the pk was the other bad part. We allowed them all he time in the world at the point to set up and get a shot and we were not good at blocking anything. I don't think we blocked a single point shot all night.
                  I thought the ref let too much go throughout the game but we did have 8 power plays so it's hard to say that had any effect on the game.

I thought Anderson's line was ok the first period but they made a lot of mistakes later in the game. I think watching Baretta, he is about to h=get a lot better and I think if he just plays a little harder and stronger on the puck he will be really good.
                  I didn't think Munson deserved his fate. it wasn't really his fault and we gave up too much space, though he did have some mistakes, the goals overall I couldn't blame him for.
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 02-02-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

one other thing. the BG fans around me were very nice and didn't say much one way or the other, they are polite and didn't rub it in.
                    Several times they asked me why something was going on and were nice when they got the answer.

I admit Tech got frustrated and chippy at the end, that's to be expected from any team getting creamed like that.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      As far as how the game went from a tech point of view.
                      We started slow and the first 5 minutes BG was forechecking real hard and we struggled. But a few times their heavy forecheck got them caught up and we had odd man rushes, so they stopped doing it. Jake Jackson in particular had a real good chance and shot it into the goalie instead of towards the edges of the goal where he most certainly would have scored.

our defensive play int he first was the best all season and we were really good about clearing out and did a good job coming out of our own end. However, Bg came out harder in the second and we not he other had didn't play as well.
                      we just struggled to get the puck out, and we had trouble even getting a shot on the pp. We just have to move the puck faster and move when the puck is not in our possession. That was one of the worst parts of our game.
                      the pk was the other bad part. We allowed them all he time in the world at the point to set up and get a shot and we were not good at blocking anything. I don't think we blocked a single point shot all night.
                      I thought the ref let too much go throughout the game but we did have 8 power plays so it's hard to say that had any effect on the game.

I thought Anderson's line was ok the first period but they made a lot of mistakes later in the game. I think watching Baretta, he is about to h=get a lot better and I think if he just plays a little harder and stronger on the puck he will be really good.
                      I didn't think Munson deserved his fate. it wasn't really his fault and we gave up too much space, though he did have some mistakes, the goals overall I couldn't blame him for.
                      They adjusted after the first, we didn't, that's a huge part to it. They saw their weakness against us and our strength, changed how they defended and attacked and we played the same game from minute 1 to 60. They absolutely outplayed us in every aspect tonight.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Please tell me an MTU fan won the 50/50 At least.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Please tell me an MTU fan won the 50/50 At least.
                          Doubt it. I'm not a big fan of that arena, because I don't like benches, but the people were nice.

Comment

I disagree Munson didn't deserve his fate. 4 goals on 8 shots is pathetic. How come the other goalies can stop the puck. I'm tired of everyone defending these guys.
                            I'm tired of the coach constantly laying it on the skaters. He made a statement in his post game show that "the good Lord is showing them their not playing the right way" or something to that affect. What is that? You might interpret his message as maybe you're not coaching the right way or maybe you're picking the wrong goalie or maybe the Lord's telling you your not a good coach. Seriously, does the Lord even care about a stupid hockey game!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Munson was in for the first 3, the third goal was a giveaway leading to a 2x1, seemed like a quick hook as he had no chance. The 4th was scored on Beydoun seconds After the goalie change deflating all momentum the change may have led to. Goals were too easy again, with the guys pressing everyone needs to play D first tonight. A split salvages the weekend, so let’s go get it. Any team with Luch, Gould, Smith, Jackson, L’esperance should be getting the chances, just need to insure right side of the puck and score off the defense. We cannot count on the goaltending at this point so need to focus on trying to help that cause by controlling the puck most of the game.
                              Cannot wait to watch the Huskies tonight, go Tech!!!!
                              Last edited by Huskiefan906; 02-03-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                I disagree Munson didn't deserve his fate. 4 goals on 8 shots is pathetic. How come the other goalies can stop the puck. I'm tired of everyone defending these guys.
                                I'm tired of the coach constantly laying it on the skaters. He made a statement in his post game show that "the good Lord is showing them their not playing the right way" or something to that affect. What is that? You might interpret his message as maybe you're not coaching the right way or maybe you're picking the wrong goalie or maybe the Lord's telling you your not a good coach. Seriously, does the Lord even care about a stupid hockey game!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                Maybe you missed where he included himself. He didn't just put it on the skaters. And if you were him what would you say.?

Comment

Working...
                                X