Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    "On the ice similar to years gone by, A: Exciting hockey B: Northeastern lost again"

Ouch
    that was funny, ha!
    ... hey, until we get that monkey off our back... it's on our back.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

For those not in Boston, Northeastern is hosting watch parties is NYC, northern NJ, Austin, TX, West Palm, and Washington, DC (Crystal City), and maybe other places. Info and registration at https://alumni.northeastern.edu/events/
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

For the most part for decades, it has been bu or BC with BU the dominant team overall. Harvard and NU were not relevant until the Crimson broke the ice last year. NU is due this year but this year I would say all 4 teams are relatively equal and any team can win it this year.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          For the most part for decades, it has been bu or BC with BU the dominant team overall. Harvard and NU were not relevant until the Crimson broke the ice last year. NU is due this year but this year I would say all 4 teams are relatively equal and any team can win it this year.
          I got to experience NU's last one, as a freshman in 1988. Bruce Racine was a stud. I think BU got two goals past him in the championship, and both were on deflections - it seemed that was the only way he could be beat. All 4 of the hounds titles came in the '80s. BU has the ridiculous string of making the championship game in something like 25 out of 27 years, and won 6 straight in the late 90s/early 2000's. Then BC too over the dominance.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I got to experience NU's last one, as a freshman in 1988. Bruce Racine was a stud. I think BU got two goals past him in the championship, and both were on deflections - it seemed that was the only way he could be beat. All 4 of the hounds titles came in the '80s. BU has the ridiculous string of making the championship game in something like 25 out of 27 years, and won 6 straight in the late 90s/early 2000's. Then BC too over the dominance.
            I was also at that game and BU scored 3 on Bruce, but gave up 6. And although NU has just 4 titles, they have done something Harvard has not been able to do; successfully defend their title (1985).

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              I was also at that game and BU scored 3 on Bruce, but gave up 6. And although NU has just 4 titles, they have done something Harvard has not been able to do; successfully defend their title (1985).

Sean
              I realized I got my years mixed up - I was a sophomore for the 1988 game. Freshman year was the win over NU with Kelfer's turnaround "jump shot" goal in OT.

Comment

Looks like Harvard (vs BU) and BC (vs NU) won the coin tosses as home teams (with last line changes) for the first round.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Looks like Harvard (vs BU) and BC (vs NU) won the coin tosses as home teams (with last line changes) for the first round.
                  With a forward as talented as Donato, that makes a difference for sure.

Comment

Can I get Maine in?

Comment

Would love that if Maine could get an invite!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        With a forward as talented as Donato, that makes a difference for sure.
                        bu will be lucky now to keep it within single digits

looks like another loss to the igles early on the 12th
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ha .... that will make no difference when NU loads up on the power play. BC will lose if they can't stay out of the box.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

nu is playing lackluster offense right now... barring a quick turnaround, i do not see them pulling this off.
                            i want to be optimistic.. but eagles & terriers are getting offense going. harvard & nu need to get it together to have a chance.
                            having said that, go you nu huskies... been too long!
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I thought the rotation of who plays who and home/away is set on a tablet resting on Cardinal O'Connell's grave.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Watching NESN's Beanpot preview show. Getting a little excited for Monday. But then again, this preview show is before BU's game against UMass, so that's where the focus needs to be.

But...reason for this post. If Northeastern wins this year, I believe it will be only the second time in the tournament's history where each Beanpot school has won in consecutive years:

2015 BU
                                2016 BC
                                2017 Harvard
                                2018 maybe possibly Northeastern???

Last time it happened:

1980 NU
                                1981 BU
                                1982 Harvard
                                1983 BC

Comment

Working...
                                X