Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Gets another fan base fired up about college hockey? How does that not compute? I'm not even a HE fan and I know NU winning the Beanpot is good for HE, I mean, come on.
    I can tell you are not a HE fan. NU had by far the most fans at the Garden. They don't need a victory to get fired up. Good for the Beanpot yes, but I see no connection to them winning being "good for Hockey East" except maybe being a small boost to their at-large chances and having multiple teams in the NCAAs in this horrible league season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      And how Gaudette isn’t on the Olympic team... Head scratcher.
      Committed the Cardinal Sin of not coming up through the US National Program.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Ok NU now that you have the pot, do something other than Stacy's mom
        Come on man. Come on man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Committed the Cardinal Sin of not coming up through the US National Program.
          That too.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            I think it is great for the Beanpot tournament. It is great for NU obviously. NUs fan base has always been a great fired up fan base and it is great for them as well. But no, I don’t see how it is necessarily better or worse for Hockey East.

And big congrats to the Huskies. Impressive game!

The same team or teams always winning it makes it far less interesting.

I'll tell you, I LIKE women's bb, but once my team is out, I don't watch another game, much less look up who won. I don't care. It's always UConn, basically. BORING.

The men's game, I pay attention the year's my team doesn't even make the tourney, because it's interesting, no one knows who is going to win.

Same with the Beanpot, I never used to care, it was uninteresting. But lately its become interesting again. I even directed a bunch of cbb fans to come check it out tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
              The same team or teams always winning it makes it far less interesting.

I'll tell you, I LIKE women's bb, but once my team is out, I don't watch another game, much less look up who won. I don't care. It's always UConn, basically. BORING.

The men's game, I pay attention the year's my team doesn't even make the tourney, because it's interesting, no one knows who is going to win.

Same with the Beanpot, I never used to care, it was uninteresting. But lately its become interesting again. I even directed a bunch of cbb fans to come check it out tonight.

Which all points to it being good for the Beanpot tournament for NU to win....and I agree with that... but still don’t follow the logic how it is good for Hockey East. You do realize the Beanpot is not a hockey east event and only 3 of the 4 teams are hockey east schools?

Comment

Which all points to it being good for the Beanpot tournament for NU to win....and I agree with that... but still don’t follow the logic how it is good for Hockey East. You do realize the Beanpot is not a hockey east event and only 3 of the 4 teams are hockey east schools?
                I gather what he means is that they are the best team in the league this year and probably the only one that can make any noise in the NCAAs. That's my interpretation. "Good for the league" in the sense that they proved they could step up because if they lost this game you could make a realistic case that the league might very well be shut out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  I can tell you are not a HE fan. NU had by far the most fans at the Garden. They don't need a victory to get fired up. Good for the Beanpot yes, but I see no connection to them winning being "good for Hockey East" except maybe being a small boost to their at-large chances and having multiple teams in the NCAAs in this horrible league season.
                  Well, had Harvard won, the HE would have looked even worse than they already look. And BU and BC are both basically, on the outside looking in, as far as NCAA tourney is concerned. NE was on the bubble going into tonight's game, their winning is the best thing that could have happened for the HE, imho.

Comment

Well, had Harvard won, the HE would have looked even worse than they already look. And BU and BC are both basically, on the outside looking in, as far as NCAA tourney is concerned. NE was on the bubble going into tonight's game, their winning is the best thing that could have happened for the HE, imho.
                    They will probably win the tournament and get the autobid anyway.

Comment

But NU was playing BU for the title, not Harvard. And for the rest of it, I agree and it is basically what I said in response to your other post.

Comment

Yes, I do realize that. And hence why it is SO important for a HE team to win the event. lol How embarrassing if the 1 non HE team ends up winning it?

Comment

The BC limelites come out because their rivals lost. Sad.

Comment

But NU was playing BU for the title, not Harvard. And for the rest of it, I agree and it is basically what I said in response to your other post.
                            Just forget it..don't argue with him... jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Just forget it..don't argue with him... jeez.
                              I know, feel like we are going in circles. You could make an argument that the BU fan base needs to be "fired up" more than NU.

Comment

Well, granted, it was an all HE final, but a lot of us westerners think HE = BC/BU. And Maine made it a threesome for awhile there.

So NE winning makes HE look less like a 2 school conference. Kind of like when Prov won their title a couple of years ago.

Some fans had to look up what conference Providence played it. lol

ok, j/k about that last part, but not totally.

Comment

Working...
                                X