Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    Sir: It's NU, not NE. And no.
    If I could give you rep from a mobile device, I would. Thank you for correcting him. It drives me nuts when I see NEU. I have no ties to Northeastern and it bothers me on your behalf.

Congrats on the victory, btw. Please keep it up and do the conference proud.

Comment

• Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      If I could give you rep from a mobile device, I would. Thank you for correcting him. It drives me nuts when I see NEU. I have no ties to Northeastern and it bothers me on your behalf.

Congrats on the victory, btw. Please keep it up and do the conference proud.

Wow? Condescending maybe? I'm sorry I didn't use the correct nomenclature when referring to NU is it? Shall I flog myself as many times as NU's been to the FF maybe? That would really teach me a lesson for daring to use the wrong letters when referring to them, how shameful of me. I mean, they've been there many times right, since you seem to think it so UNTHINKABLE that a western hockey fan wouldn't know the mighty Northeastern's accepted nomenclature??? How many times must I flog myself for this egregious sin??? Dozens maybe? A handful of times? Several? A couple at least, right?

Comment

Pretty good game to watch. NU fans brought twice as many fans as BU - great support. I thought BU carried a lot of the play and Primeau came up with a few huge saves. Obvious difference was NU on the power play. The interference call that led to a NU goal was a joke. The crosscheck to the head was a good call and stupid Tkachuk penalty. It was huge that Greenway and Harper were out of the lineup - it was just NU's time. They have a really good team and wanted it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          .. It was huge that Greenway and Harper were out of the lineup - it was just NU's time. They have a really good team and wanted it more.
          ..well, we did play you twice with them both in the line up & put that to bed.. but, the part about it being NU's time.. (about time! ).. yes.

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          Wow? Condescending maybe? I'm sorry I didn't use the correct nomenclature when referring to NU is it? Shall I flog myself as many times as NU's been to the FF maybe? That would really teach me a lesson for daring to use the wrong letters when referring to them, how shameful of me. I mean, they've been there many times right, since you seem to think it so UNTHINKABLE that a western hockey fan wouldn't know the mighty Northeastern's accepted nomenclature??? How many times must I flog myself for this egregious sin??? Dozens maybe? A handful of times? Several? A couple at least, right?
          chill, just having a bit of fun (at your expense).. gluck to Minny. or should i say UMin
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Congrats to Huskies. I was waiting for their fans to riot again during the after game celebration but looks like cooler heads prevailed.

Don't see how BU "slightly outplayed" NU except for penalties? More like BU got outplayed in every phase of the game right down to taking stupid penalties. I saw some great individual efforts and crisp passing on the NU goals, with players in position to bang the puck into the net. BU's two goals were a scramble with NU players knocking the puck into the net both times. There's zero cohesion in the offensive zone. Maybe its because the lines keep getting switched up but once again they look like they all just met each other out there. I don't think Greenway would have made the difference.

Lastly, if Oettinger is like 7 feet tall, how does he keep getting beat up high?
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Congrats to Huskies. I was waiting for their fans to riot again during the after game celebration but looks like cooler heads prevailed.

Don't see how BU "slightly outplayed" NU except for penalties? More like BU got outplayed in every phase of the game right down to taking stupid penalties. I saw some great individual efforts and crisp passing on the NU goals, with players in position to bang the puck into the net. BU's two goals were a scramble with NU players knocking the puck into the net both times. There's zero cohesion in the offensive zone. Maybe its because the lines keep getting switched up but once again they look like they all just met each other out there. I don't think Greenway would have made the difference.

Lastly, if Oettinger is like 7 feet tall, how does he keep getting beat up high?

No riots, but the crowds leaving the Garden were pretty rowdy!

NU's power play was otherworldly, and BU defended it poorly. But BU took 73 even-strength shot attempts to NU's 36, so one can definitely make an argument that BU was the better team at 5-on-5 and was unlucky not to score more than two goals. However, shots don't always translate to goals; a lot of them sailed wide and Primeau was outstanding. Using the eye test alone, it seemed to me that NU had fewer overall shots but more high-quality offensive opportunities, but the numbers don't agree with that. That's why they play the games!

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                So did the NU Doghouse plus alums and others save the Beanpot from an attendance nightmare?
                Well of course, NU fans are the bestest!!!

I'm sure if BC/BU had gone 30 years without a pot, they would have the place banged out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  Oh for the love of God. Get a grip. No one, including USCHO, seems to understand that Northeastern University is NU. You were just the latest to make that mistake and I was happy to see someone from Northeastern correcting that mistake. Also, they're in the Beanpot EVERY year so as a matter of fact, they have been there many times. A western hockey fan, and all hockey fans and humans, should be able to discern NU from the school's name - Northeastern University. It's not that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Oh for the love of God. Get a grip. No one, including USCHO, seems to understand that Northeastern University is NU. You were just the latest to make that mistake and I was happy to see someone from Northeastern correcting that mistake. Also, they're in the Beanpot EVERY year so as a matter of fact, they have been there many times. A western hockey fan, and all hockey fans and humans, should be able to discern NU from the school's name - Northeastern University. It's not that difficult.
                    NESN stylizes it as NU on its broadcasts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfKzBpqvZo8

Case dismissed. Bring in the dancing lobsters.

Comment

Congrats to NU

My older brother finally gets to go home with a smile on his face. My 2 brothers went to NU and waited a long time after many years of BU and BC winning it.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        No riots, but the crowds leaving the Garden were pretty rowdy!

NU's power play was otherworldly, and BU defended it poorly. But BU took 73 even-strength shot attempts to NU's 36, so one can definitely make an argument that BU was the better team at 5-on-5 and was unlucky not to score more than two goals. However, shots don't always translate to goals; a lot of them sailed wide and Primeau was outstanding. Using the eye test alone, it seemed to me that NU had fewer overall shots but more high-quality offensive opportunities, but the numbers don't agree with that. That's why they play the games!
                        Most of them hit Primeau in the chest. Thought he made a nice glove save on Tkachuk but that was the only Grade A chance I remember them having.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Most of them hit Primeau in the chest. Thought he made a nice glove save on Tkachuk but that was the only Grade A chance I remember them having.
                          The stick save he made 30 seconds or so before BU's 2nd goal was phenomenal. The most impressive thing about Primeau is his ability to stay calm and move on. That first goal was rough and many an NU goalie before him would have turned into a puddle for the rest of the game.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Did you miss the stick save TB referenced? How about his stoning of Tkachuk in the first period on the one-timer from Melanson in the corner? How about the dangle Crone put on the NU D in the second period that resulted in a lunging save to his side? How about the stick save on a one-timer in front on Bowers? Your selective memory today is exceptionally bad, with Ruck in net BU has a solid chance to win 6-5. Primeau was outstanding against some very solid chances last night.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Did you miss the stick save TB referenced? How about his stoning of Tkachuk in the first period on the one-timer from Melanson in the corner? How about the dangle Crone put on the NU D in the second period that resulted in a lunging save to his side? How about the stick save on a one-timer in front on Bowers? Your selective memory today is exceptionally bad, with Ruck in net BU has a solid chance to win 6-5. Primeau was outstanding against some very solid chances last night.
                              Yeah, I have to agree here. Primeau stoned BU on some excellent chances. His positioning was absolutely perfect. BU did get a number of really good looks, and I think you're right about BU probably winning or at least making it a tie game if Ruck was in net.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                So did the NU Doghouse plus alums and others save the Beanpot from an attendance nightmare?
                                absolute sellout, 17,565. Bravo NU! and congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X