Thread: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Always amazed more guys don't get hurt or cut by a skate in those piles

Blackhawks!!!

Huskies!!!!!

Blackhawks!!!

This NU team looks like a Frozen Four team to me. I hope Iím right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Huskies!!!!!
    Lol. Sorry buddy.
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

This NU team looks like a Frozen Four team to me. I hope Iím right.
    Where is Chuck? love that guy.
    "A fate that we deserved? Of course it is what we deserved. We played out there. If we screw up, who's fault is it? I don't blame the referees. I don't blame the other team. It is on us. We don't make any excuses and we don't let anyone else make excuses for us. Ever! Ever! And as long as I am the coach here that's how it's gonna be. And as long as I am the coach here the only thing we will accept is victory! Ties - we don't accept it. Losses - we don't accept it. Victory! Period!" - Red Gendron

Congrats to the Huskies. Well deserved!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Gets another fan base fired up about college hockey? How does that not compute? I'm not even a HE fan and I know NU winning the Beanpot is good for HE, I mean, come on.

No different than SCSU possibly winning the NCHC or OSU finally doing well in the B1G(wouldn't be shocked if they won the B1G Conf Tourney)
    I think it is great for the Beanpot tournament. It is great for NU obviously. NUs fan base has always been a great fired up fan base and it is great for them as well. But no, I donít see how it is necessarily better or worse for Hockey East.

And big congrats to the Huskies. Impressive game!

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I think it is great for the Beanpot tournament. It is great for NU obviously. NUs fan base has always been a great fired up fan base and it is great for them as well. But no, I donít see how it is necessarily better or worse for Hockey East.

It is good for NU to win.

Congrats to gaudette!

I think I speak for all mainuh when I say Congrats! Cronin helped get the skids greased. Go NU. Until you meet Maine.

Ok NU now that you have the pot, do something other than Stacy's mom

Blackhawks!!!

And how Gaudette isnít on the Olympic team... Head scratcher.

Great win Huskies! Enjoy. Well deserved. Very good team there

Veteran
    I was thinking the same thing....

You know how those teams are picked. Pedigree (i.e. where you play) is a big factor. Until NU wins something their players will fly under the radar. And just as well anyway. The Olympic team is going to get smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Gets another fan base fired up about college hockey? How does that not compute? I'm not even a HE fan and I know NU winning the Beanpot is good for HE, I mean, come on.
    I can tell you are not a HE fan. NU had by far the most fans at the Garden. They don't need a victory to get fired up. Good for the Beanpot yes, but I see no connection to them winning being "good for Hockey East" except maybe being a small boost to their at-large chances and having multiple teams in the NCAAs in this horrible league season.

Committed the Cardinal Sin of not coming up through the US National Program.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Ok NU now that you have the pot, do something other than Stacy's mom
    Come on man. Come on man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Committed the Cardinal Sin of not coming up through the US National Program.
    That too.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post

The same team or teams always winning it makes it far less interesting.

I'll tell you, I LIKE women's bb, but once my team is out, I don't watch another game, much less look up who won. I don't care. It's always UConn, basically. BORING.

The men's game, I pay attention the year's my team doesn't even make the tourney, because it's interesting, no one knows who is going to win.

Same with the Beanpot, I never used to care, it was uninteresting. But lately its become interesting again. I even directed a bunch of cbb fans to come check it out tonight.

Thread Information