Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1/D3 women's hockey puck info

Greetings,

I have been (slowly) putting together a guide of pucks used in the NCAA. I have compiled all of the data online for anyone to reference as a free guide.

Women's D1 puck guide

Women's D3 puck guide

If anyone has interest in puck collecting (specifically NCAA) I'm always accepting data to add to the site. The more info I can get from others, the more complete I can make the website. Thanks for any help in advance!

Re: D1/D3 women's hockey puck info

Originally posted by college pucks View Post
    Greetings,

I have been (slowly) putting together a guide of pucks used in the NCAA. I have compiled all of the data online for anyone to reference as a free guide.

Women's D1 puck guide

Women's D3 puck guide

If anyone has interest in puck collecting (specifically NCAA) I'm always accepting data to add to the site. The more info I can get from others, the more complete I can make the website. Thanks for any help in advance!
    Did the North Dakota pucks really used to say "Home of Economy"? lol

This project is actually pretty neat. Fun to click through these.

I saw you're looking for '16-'17 data for BC -- I don't have any pucks, but I did find some game shots showing what the pucks looked like.

Here's the front with the BC logo from 2/10/17 vs. Northeastern:

Here's the back with the Hockey East logo from 2/3/17 vs. UConn

(I did not take these photos -- sources are here and here)

The front is the same but you'll notice the Hockey East logo is a little different from the 2012-2014 edition your site has:
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: D1/D3 women's hockey puck info

Thanks Grant,

Yea, UND did sport ads on the reverse for several seasons.
      There have been several schools using ads on their pucks (men's/and or women's programs) over the years.

off the top of my head....
      UND had Home of Economy
      St. Cloud had Jimmy Johns
      Minn-Duluth sported several different ads including a law firm, and their campus bookstore
      Northern Michigan had their bookstore as well
      Mankato men has had a tire company on the back for several years now. (Ironically the pucks they sell at the games have the WCHA logo with the same gamer front)
      Huntsville has an ad on the front this year.
      Wisconsin women have had Reebok and CCM on the reverse of their pucks several years as well.

Interestingly enough the only league with a standard (all the same) puck reverse is Hockey East. (i.e. all Sherwood/InGlasco with same logo/printing)

Comment

Working...
      X