X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Whatever you do, don’t watch this. .

https://youtu.be/gvA7EeMWE4Y
    Is it just me and my iPad or is that not a live link? I’m curious now as to what it is.

Comment

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I have that game on tape. Starting goalie for UVM? None other than Tim Thomas. Bob Norton got on him for essentially pulling himself at one point in the game. He basically skated toward the bench motioning with his glove for the back-up goalie to come in. A definite off-night for a usually very good goalie. I think the wonder twins were on that team as well, as I believe Martin St. Louis was stoned on a breakaway.
      Thomas was a talented goaltender. He was also a "bag of squirrels."

Comment

And it was followed by that crazy final against Harvard, where BU stormed back from 3-0 to take a 4-3 lead (the third and fourth goals were seconds apart and the BU fans were going berzerk), only to have Harvard tie the game right back up and ultimately win 9-6. That Harvard team was loaded with Donato, Ciavaglia, Bourbeau, and of course went on to win the national championship that year.
        I'll never forget Lane McDonald scoring one of the goals against us in that game, while on his knees with his back to the goal. Unbelievable.
        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

I've seen both tweets and Facebook posts about hoping BU keeps up their momentum of their weekend split/4-game winning streak/6-game unbeaten streak going into Monday's Beanpot. I'm hoping this messaging isn't anywhere near the team as they should be looking to keep that momentum going into FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST UMASS! It would truly suck to go into Monday's Beanpot following a loss. I get trying to build excitement but there won't be any on my part if they lose on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            You forgot Hobey Baker winner Lane MacDonald. 31 goals and 29 assists.
            I actually thought about him, but couldn't remember for sure that he was on that team, and was too lazy to look it up.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Is it just me and my iPad or is that not a live link? I’m curious now as to what it is.
              Chris Lappin's GWG.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Chris Lappin's GWG.
                Speaking of the Lappins, Pete's son plays for ASU.

Comment

I've seen both tweets and Facebook posts about hoping BU keeps up their momentum of their weekend split/4-game winning streak/6-game unbeaten streak going into Monday's Beanpot. I'm hoping this messaging isn't anywhere near the team as they should be looking to keep that momentum going into FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST UMASS! It would truly suck to go into Monday's Beanpot following a loss. I get trying to build excitement but there won't be any on my part if they lose on Friday.
                  Maintaining about focus during the Friday night game before the Beanpot semi has concerned BU coaches back to Jack Kelley and probably before that. Quinn's been repeating the mantra about the team having dug itself into a hole and that they're "running out of time" (to put conference wins on the board). With BU's competitors for first-round byes all having games in hand, the urgency to win conference games is obvious. It's up to the Coaches and captains to make sure that's understood throughout the locker room.

Quickly reviewing the archives, it seems BU has a very high percentage of wins in the pre-BP game. (I'd imagine Sean Pickett can produce culmulative won-loss figures since 1954). In the past five years, BU is 3-1-1 in those games. The loss was to UMass is Parker's final season; the tie was also with UMass in Quinn's first year. BU was a perfect 5-0 the previous five seasons. In recent years, either UMass or Merrimack has been the opponent, except in 2011, when it was Lowell.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog 21m21 minutes ago
                    Krys is ruled out of tomorrow's game against UMass. Harper is a game-time decision according to Coach Quinn

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

anyone else read/reading wiseguys?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog 21m21 minutes ago
                        Krys hurt early in 1st ASU game. Upper-body injury.

Harper fell ill shortly after returning from WJCs. Glad to hear he might feel well enough to return to lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          anyone else read/reading wiseguys?
                          A lot of good stories. Especially for those of us that were there that year. Things we didn't know, and great memories.

The game recaps aren't stale. My only minor complaint ... you could play a drinking game with how many times that we are told that Parker is from Somerville, and the Townies can't get mentioned without a reminder of where they are from.

But overall, quite a good read. BU fans will love it. And newer BU fans will learn a lot of history.

Comment

I need to get a copy of that book. Sorry I missed the game when the author was onsite at Agganis.

Tonight's game is on NESN. When did that happen?? I didn't think any HE games were going to be on TV. Beats making the trip out to Amherst.

Comment

I need to get a copy of that book. Sorry I missed the game when the author was onsite at Agganis.
                              This blogpost from the '78 Reunion Weekend has links to a chapter from the book and a book review by one of this board's posters, plus a short Q&A with author Tim Rappleye with the backstory on the book.

Comment

Tonight's game is on NESN. When did that happen?? I didn't think any HE games were going to be on TV. Beats making the trip out to Amherst.
                                Umass paying for the game. Many teams making deals with NESN especially Harvard

Comment

Working...
                                X