• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Hopefully you will come twice and only play one game a year against us
    Schedule is bad enough with 2 exhibition games
    I assumed it was two and don't think we could make that trip if it was only one, but I don't think it was specified. As an independent, we have to take the games when we can get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
      I assumed it was two and don't think we could make that trip if it was only one, but I don't think it was specified. As an independent, we have to take the games when we can get them.
      We’ll come out open the new arena! Good trip. Too short, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        We’ll come out open the new arena! Good trip. Too short, though.
        Awesome to hear you enjoyed it, Scarlet. And that would be incredible to get someone of BUs caliber to open the new building. The new place can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Mookie could be stateside for that and give it a go.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
            Some western teams come to Boston and play us one night and BC, Northeastern, UMass-Lowell, or whomever the other night. That might've been what he was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              They beat Providence the day before or after 7–1 in Boston too
              Huh, I don't remember that, either. Too bad, sounds like I would've enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                There were a couple big blowouts of Denver (I think) at WBA in the early 90's, something like 9-0 and 11-1. I think the BU fans cheered for Denver when they finally got a goal on the second night.
                BU defeated Denver 12-0 on 16 November 1990 and 9-2 (hence not on the list I posted) the next night. The BU fans did indeed cheer when Denver finally scored with 13:40 left in game and having been outscored 21-0 to that point in the two games.

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                I think Chris Bise played in one of those games.
                Bise played the final 6:54 of the second game and made 3 saves, but gave up Denver's second goal with 10 seconds left.

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                They beat Providence the day before or after 7–1 in Boston too
                Not quite; BU won 6-1 the day before at Agganis. For what it's worth, BU has outscored PC by 8+ goals 10 times, the third most of any team.

Sean
                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 01-28-2018, 04:48 PM.
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.
                  I have that game on tape. Starting goalie for UVM? None other than Tim Thomas. Bob Norton got on him for essentially pulling himself at one point in the game. He basically skated toward the bench motioning with his glove for the back-up goalie to come in. A definite off-night for a usually very good goalie. I think the wonder twins were on that team as well, as I believe Martin St. Louis was stoned on a breakaway.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.
                    I have that game on tape. Starting goalie for UVM? None other than Tim Thomas. Bob Norton got on him for essentially pulling himself at one point in the game. He basically skated toward the bench motioning with his glove for the back-up goalie to come in. A definite off-night for a usually very good goalie. I think the wonder twins were on that team as well, as I believe Martin St. Louis was stoned on a breakaway.
                    You may have the game BU Fan 84 referred to on tape, but it's not the one you posted about. That game was on 7 Dec 1994, an 11-1 win at WBA and I posted a not very flattering post to the Hockey-L list regarding the game.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      You may have the game BU Fan 84 referred to on tape, but it's not the one you posted about. That game was on 7 Dec 1994, an 11-1 win at WBA and I posted a not very flattering post to the Hockey-L list regarding the game.

Sean
                      Thanks for the correction - I didn't pay close attention to the years. When I saw a lopsided win against Vermont, I immediately thought it must have been that 1994 game. That is the one I have the tape of.

Comment

Shawn McEachern is going into the Beanpot Hall of Fame this year.

That 1989 Semi Against NU (5-4 in OT) when they were down a goal and a man, but scored the shorty, forced OT, is one of my all-time favorite BU hockey memories.

https://youtu.be/dXzzGzHUyvM
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

That 1989 Semi Against NU (5-4 in OT) when they were down a goal and a man, but scored the shorty, forced OT, is one of my all-time favorite BU hockey memories.

That was certainly a brilliant rush! If it had taken place in recent years, the refs probably would have ruled that a handpass had occurred and would have disallowed the goal. The Beanpot has been cruel to the Huskies so many times!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

And it was followed by that crazy final against Harvard, where BU stormed back from 3-0 to take a 4-3 lead (the third and fourth goals were seconds apart and the BU fans were going berzerk), only to have Harvard tie the game right back up and ultimately win 9-6. That Harvard team was loaded with Donato, Ciavaglia, Bourbeau, and of course went on to win the national championship that year.

Comment

And it was followed by that crazy final against Harvard, where BU stormed back from 3-0 to take a 4-3 lead (the third and fourth goals were seconds apart and the BU fans were going berzerk), only to have Harvard tie the game right back up and ultimately win 9-6. That Harvard team was loaded with Donato, Ciavaglia, Bourbeau, and of course went on to win the national championship that year.
                              You forgot Hobey Baker winner Lane MacDonald. 31 goals and 29 assists.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                That was certainly a brilliant rush! If it had taken place in recent years, the refs probably would have ruled that a handpass had occurred and would have disallowed the goal. The Beanpot has been cruel to the Huskies so many times!
                                Whatever you do, don’t watch this. .

https://youtu.be/gvA7EeMWE4Y
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X