Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    They beat Providence the day before or after 7Ė1 in Boston too
    Huh, I don't remember that, either. Too bad, sounds like I would've enjoyed it.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    There were a couple big blowouts of Denver (I think) at WBA in the early 90's, something like 9-0 and 11-1. I think the BU fans cheered for Denver when they finally got a goal on the second night.
    BU defeated Denver 12-0 on 16 November 1990 and 9-2 (hence not on the list I posted) the next night. The BU fans did indeed cheer when Denver finally scored with 13:40 left in game and having been outscored 21-0 to that point in the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    I think Chris Bise played in one of those games.
    Bise played the final 6:54 of the second game and made 3 saves, but gave up Denver's second goal with 10 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    They beat Providence the day before or after 7–1 in Boston too
    Not quite; BU won 6-1 the day before at Agganis. For what it's worth, BU has outscored PC by 8+ goals 10 times, the third most of any team.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 01-28-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.
    I have that game on tape. Starting goalie for UVM? None other than Tim Thomas. Bob Norton got on him for essentially pulling himself at one point in the game. He basically skated toward the bench motioning with his glove for the back-up goalie to come in. A definite off-night for a usually very good goalie. I think the wonder twins were on that team as well, as I believe Martin St. Louis was stoned on a breakaway.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    This was only the third one since my freshman year. I remember the 9-1 win over UVM, but have absolutely no memory of the 2012 game against Providence.
    I have that game on tape. Starting goalie for UVM? None other than Tim Thomas. Bob Norton got on him for essentially pulling himself at one point in the game. He basically skated toward the bench motioning with his glove for the back-up goalie to come in. A definite off-night for a usually very good goalie. I think the wonder twins were on that team as well, as I believe Martin St. Louis was stoned on a breakaway.
    You may have the game BU Fan 84 referred to on tape, but it's not the one you posted about. That game was on 7 Dec 1994, an 11-1 win at WBA and I posted a not very flattering post to the Hockey-L list regarding the game.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    You may have the game BU Fan 84 referred to on tape, but it's not the one you posted about. That game was on 7 Dec 1994, an 11-1 win at WBA and I posted a not very flattering post to the Hockey-L list regarding the game.

Sean
    Thanks for the correction - I didn't pay close attention to the years. When I saw a lopsided win against Vermont, I immediately thought it must have been that 1994 game. That is the one I have the tape of.

Blackhawks!!!

Shawn McEachern is going into the Beanpot Hall of Fame this year.

That 1989 Semi Against NU (5-4 in OT) when they were down a goal and a man, but scored the shorty, forced OT, is one of my all-time favorite BU hockey memories.

https://youtu.be/dXzzGzHUyvM
    It Happened!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post

That 1989 Semi Against NU (5-4 in OT) when they were down a goal and a man, but scored the shorty, forced OT, is one of my all-time favorite BU hockey memories.

That was certainly a brilliant rush! If it had taken place in recent years, the refs probably would have ruled that a handpass had occurred and would have disallowed the goal. The Beanpot has been cruel to the Huskies so many times!

And it was followed by that crazy final against Harvard, where BU stormed back from 3-0 to take a 4-3 lead (the third and fourth goals were seconds apart and the BU fans were going berzerk), only to have Harvard tie the game right back up and ultimately win 9-6. That Harvard team was loaded with Donato, Ciavaglia, Bourbeau, and of course went on to win the national championship that year.

Blackhawks!!!
    And it was followed by that crazy final against Harvard, where BU stormed back from 3-0 to take a 4-3 lead (the third and fourth goals were seconds apart and the BU fans were going berzerk), only to have Harvard tie the game right back up and ultimately win 9-6. That Harvard team was loaded with Donato, Ciavaglia, Bourbeau, and of course went on to win the national championship that year.
    You forgot Hobey Baker winner Lane MacDonald. 31 goals and 29 assists.

Blackhawks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    That was certainly a brilliant rush! If it had taken place in recent years, the refs probably would have ruled that a handpass had occurred and would have disallowed the goal. The Beanpot has been cruel to the Huskies so many times!
    Whatever you do, donít watch this. .

https://youtu.be/gvA7EeMWE4Y

Opposite Girl
    Whatever you do, donít watch this. .

https://youtu.be/gvA7EeMWE4Y
    Is it just me and my iPad or is that not a live link? Iím curious now as to what it is.

Thomas was a talented goaltender. He was also a "bag of squirrels."

I'll never forget Lane McDonald scoring one of the goals against us in that game, while on his knees with his back to the goal. Unbelievable.
    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Opposite Girl

I've seen both tweets and Facebook posts about hoping BU keeps up their momentum of their weekend split/4-game winning streak/6-game unbeaten streak going into Monday's Beanpot. I'm hoping this messaging isn't anywhere near the team as they should be looking to keep that momentum going into FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST UMASS! It would truly suck to go into Monday's Beanpot following a loss. I get trying to build excitement but there won't be any on my part if they lose on Friday.

You forgot Hobey Baker winner Lane MacDonald. 31 goals and 29 assists.
    I actually thought about him, but couldn't remember for sure that he was on that team, and was too lazy to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Is it just me and my iPad or is that not a live link? Iím curious now as to what it is.
    Chris Lappin's GWG.

Opposite Girl

Chris Lappin's GWG.
    Speaking of the Lappins, Pete's son plays for ASU.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I've seen both tweets and Facebook posts about hoping BU keeps up their momentum of their weekend split/4-game winning streak/6-game unbeaten streak going into Monday's Beanpot. I'm hoping this messaging isn't anywhere near the team as they should be looking to keep that momentum going into FRIDAY'S GAME AGAINST UMASS! It would truly suck to go into Monday's Beanpot following a loss. I get trying to build excitement but there won't be any on my part if they lose on Friday.
    Maintaining about focus during the Friday night game before the Beanpot semi has concerned BU coaches back to Jack Kelley and probably before that. Quinn's been repeating the mantra about the team having dug itself into a hole and that they're "running out of time" (to put conference wins on the board). With BU's competitors for first-round byes all having games in hand, the urgency to win conference games is obvious. It's up to the Coaches and captains to make sure that's understood throughout the locker room.

Quickly reviewing the archives, it seems BU has a very high percentage of wins in the pre-BP game. (I'd imagine Sean Pickett can produce culmulative won-loss figures since 1954). In the past five years, BU is 3-1-1 in those games. The loss was to UMass is Parker's final season; the tie was also with UMass in Quinn's first year. BU was a perfect 5-0 the previous five seasons. In recent years, either UMass or Merrimack has been the opponent, except in 2011, when it was Lowell.

Boston Hockey Blog @BOShockeyblog 21m21 minutes ago
    Krys is ruled out of tomorrow's game against UMass. Harper is a game-time decision according to Coach Quinn

there's a good buck in that racket.

anyone else read/reading wiseguys?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Thread Information