X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    The MSU loss dropped BU chances for getting an at-large bid from 0.9% to 0.2%.
    Hardly significant since they were below 1% to begin with (before someone says something I didn't mean 'statistically significant' - like, you know, p < .01 or something like that). The only way in is to win the tournament.

Comment

I saw two scenarios on Twitter that had BU getting an at-large bid without having to win the tournament that didn't seem all too far-fetched, with the exception of Providence beating Northeastern on Friday. But again...take care of yourself, then let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

H.E. Rookie of the Week honors for Cockerill.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I am really shocked by the change in tone from most people posting here. It's like all of a sudden people are hopeful that we won't suck this weekend? Even for how bad the team has been this season, they played very poorly this weekend. UConn outshot them 37-19 Saturday night. Primarily because this team cannot even move the puck up the ice. Icings over and over and over again. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
            I was looking for the Pairwise Predictor to play with but apparently it's not set up yet. I'd agree, they would need both to bump their PWR up enough, but at that point it'd be moot as they'd have the autobid.
            North Dakota used to have one on their website but I wasnt able to find it the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              I am really shocked by the change in tone from most people posting here. It's like all of a sudden people are hopeful that we won't suck this weekend? Even for how bad the team has been this season, they played very poorly this weekend. UConn outshot them 37-19 Saturday night. Primarily because this team cannot even move the puck up the ice. Icings over and over and over again. Unreal.
              Who has had a change in tone? I haven't seen one prediction of BU winning both games this weekend. Would one poster here predict a BU win over NU or even PC? Probably not. Could BU win? Absolutely.

Last time I checked, most goals wins the game and BU swept this weekend. You don't see BC posters hemming and hawing over Merrimack outshooting BC this weekend.

BU is 11-2-3 in their last 16 games. Yes, the schedule was weak but at least give BU a little credit for capitalizing on it. All without their leading PPG scorer and also Greenway for some of them.

Is this a great BU team? No. Has this been a disappointing season? Yes. But I think most BU fans don't feel this team is as horrible as you do.

Comment

Is this a great BU team? No. Has this been a disappointing season? Yes. But I think most BU fans don't feel this team is as horrible as you do.
                Pretty much sums up my sentiments exactly.

Obviously it's not a "great" team. On the other hand, we're in the semi-finals (again) when we could be at home. So naturally there is going to be a little "upturn" in the optimism. What's the point otherwise? We follow the team all year to get to this point so of course we're going to be a little more hopeful...

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Aw, poor thing. Thought you had everybody roped into your doom and gloom, didn't you. They won both games this past weekend as they should have. Neither were pretty. Big deal. They don't have to be pretty. They just have to finish each game with more goals then their opponent, which they did. I was hoping for some statement games. Didn't get them, but at the same time, they still managed to make it to the Garden. I'm happy. Because to me it was 50/50 on them getting that far. Will I stay happy? Not sure. Anything can happen this weekend. Will it? Probably not. Hoping it will. And will comment on that when whatever happens, happens. For now, BU has lived to play another weekend. If you're unhappy about their play, by all means, watch something else. The NCAA basketball tournament starts this week. Something to keep you occupied.

Comment

Would one poster here predict a BU win over NU or even PC? Probably not. Could BU win? Absolutely.
                    NU, I don't think anyone here would reasonably predict we'd win. Against BC and PC we're 2-2-1 on the year, so I agree it's not unreasonable to think the team has a chance against those two.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      So you’re sayin’ I got a chance
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        NU, I don't think anyone here would reasonably predict we'd win. Against BC and PC we're 2-2-1 on the year, so I agree it's not unreasonable to think the team has a chance against those two.
                        NU having to beat BU a 4th time? Think back to 2006

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          NU having to beat BU a 4th time? Think back to 2006
                          That was five, not four, wasn't it? Three regular season games plus Beanpot? Four is doable. And thanks for bringing up that memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            That was five, not four, wasn't it? Three regular season games plus Beanpot? Four is doable. And thanks for bringing up that memory.
                            You forgot the best one of all (hint: Lawrence to Higgins to Yip in OT).

Which is what made 5-0 such a downer...
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              You forgot the best one of all (hint: Lawrence to Higgins to Yip in OT).

Which is what made 5-0 such a downer...
                              Wait, so BU beat them five times? Or did BC win one of the regular series games?

Comment

BU vs. BC should be a very good game. Woll is hot, and Oettinger had a good bounce back game on Saturday. Both teams were outshot significantly. BU could look to exact a little revenge for last year, when BC pulled off a bit of an upset.

If PC can somehow knock off NU, that would improve BU/BC's chances of winning, IMHO.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X