6-0, Chase Phelps, unassisted.

Comment

Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Tkachuk with the PAT, 7-0.

Comment

Chabot makes it 8-0.

Comment

Now let’s see a run of 8-0 games to close out the season!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          mookie should be very happy in china; will need to update his HEA OOC thread.
          Alas sitting now in Dubai.....

But was a good week and a half
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Chabot makes it 8-0.
            My bad. I believe Bobo had this goal. That’s a hat trick for him! Also, Krys was injured (shoulder). Drew a 5-minute major on the play, though.

Saw a tweet from Jeff Cox this morning that if the Terriers go 7-2 the rest of the way, they could rise high enough in the PWR to make the tournament if they make it to the Garden. So many ifs there, though. I kinda just want to see how tonight goes first before that whole conversation takes place.

Comment

Scarlet, I know you agree with this and said as much below (above), but before we start licking each other's lolly pops (tm mookie), let's remember these wins are against Merrimack and a school in the desert that went D1 3 years ago.

But yeah, baby steps.

BU Hockey: Not Sucking Against Sucky Teams. Yay.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Scarlet, I know you agree with this and said as much below (above), but before we start licking each other's lolly pops (tm mookie), let's remember these wins are against Merrimack and a school in the desert that went D1 3 years ago.

But yeah, baby steps.

ASU did beat UML and tied Quinnipiac, so there is some element of competitiveness there. But I agree with your overall point. If they can win tonight, at UMass, and then against Harvard, then perhaps it becomes a little more realistic to think about the possibilities.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

But yeah, baby steps.

Yeah, you are totally preaching to the choir here. Like I said, I want to see what happens tonight. Let’s start with that. No Krys, and for six of those remaining games, no Greenway. It will be interesting to see how this team responds. Hopefully they’re building confidence with each game.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Now let’s see a run of 8-0 games to close out the season!

Alas sitting now in Dubai.....

But was a good week and a half
                    Hmmmm....that's a long way from China. Is this job golf-related or something else? Are you previewing the course for the European tour?
                    Last edited by chickod; 01-27-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      ASU did beat UML and tied Quinnipiac, so there is some element of competitiveness there. But I agree with your overall point. If they can win tonight, at UMass, and then against Harvard, then perhaps it becomes a little more realistic to think about the possibilities.
                      And therein lies the problem. "Stringing together" several good games in a row. It's sort of like when we go through the Patriots schedule in August game by game and say, "OK. Win there. Win there. Check. No problem." Each game "individually" looks winnable. But that's not how it works. This is where focus and coaching come in. You have to get these guys to have short memories and to focus on the task at hand (to use an overused cliche but one that is absolutely accurate, "Do your job."). This applies to ANYTHING in life. Even my job as a software developer. I can look at it "holistically" but that won't help me write the code that needs to be done TOMORROW. That's why we have managers - to "manage" our tasks and timelines so that the work can be broken down into more "granular" units. This way it doesn't seem as overwhelming. So to Scarlet's point, let's just see what they do TONIGHT and not worry about the games down the road. If they can actually manage to win three or four in a row (something they have yet to prove they can do, by the way - this "current" streak is the FIRST time all year they have won even three in a row), then the discussion will become more meaningful. It's interesting speculation, but not pertinent to the immediate task at hand.

Sometimes I think these guys know they have so much talent they just coast through games and think they can "turn it on" whenever they need to. And to be fair, that USED to work when we made the playoffs every year and there wasn't the depth of competition there is now. This was before we had to worry about every game and how many "points" we would lose if they didn't win a "meaningless" game in November. But that's not the way it is now - you have to be consistent or you can't get yourself into good position - which is essential unless you want to play five tough teams in a row to get to the holy grail. Look at last year - they beat North Dakota, which nobody gave them a chance to do. But then look at what happened the next night. It's just too tall of a task to expect to accomplish. The coaching staff has to impart upon the players that the "rules" have changed and they can't take games off. Easier said than done, but that's their job!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Chabot makes it 8-0.
                        The eight goal margin of victory might be the largest since I've been a fan. I recall a few 9-2 wins and a 7-0 win, but no 8-goal wins. Maybe a question for Sean?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Hmmmm....that's a long way from China. Is this job golf-related or something else? Are you previewing the course for the European tour?
                          More likely he's on the run from the law...
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            The eight goal margin of victory might be the largest since I've been a fan. I recall a few 9-2 wins and a 7-0 win, but no 8-goal wins. Maybe a question for Sean?
                            There were a couple big blowouts of Denver (I think) at WBA in the early 90's, something like 9-0 and 11-1. I think the BU fans cheered for Denver when they finally got a goal on the second night.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              There were a couple big blowouts of Denver (I think) at WBA in the early 90's, something like 9-0 and 11-1. I think the BU fans cheered for Denver when they finally got a goal on the second night.
                              My freshman year 75-76 I attended a 13-3 blowout of Colgate as I was hosting 2 members of the Red Raider community from my hometown. They also scored 13 markers vs Yale later that year. Junior year in the 77-78 opener they beat Merrimack 13-5 and beat BC 12-5 and 10-5 later that year. In 1996 they beat UMass 14-1 in QF if HE tourney

Comment

Boy am I glad they “fixed” the stream. They might want to place the cameras a little higher so somebody could see something. Oh, wait, they ARE up high. The ceiling at the “arena” is only 15 feet high. Hmmm. Pretty tough to see the game. At least the commentary is insightful...ahem...

Comment

Working...
                                X