This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    That went exactly as I thought it would. On to Connecticut.
    You get the sense it was almost inevitable; however, we let them get rolling with the bad penalties- especially the second one in our own end. Their crowd was out of the game, and then just like that it was over. No way we were coming back. This team just doesn’t have the firepower or the finishers.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      mookie has never set foot in the cain's across from the rink, but DO HAVE A STEADY 'ONCE A WEEK' MEETING TO GET HIS CAINIACS COMBO HERE AT THE AVENUES MALL!!!!

that is some good chicken, dammit!! fries are good. sauce is good. cole slaw is good.

only complaint is the price they trick you here with the pricey currency. mookie pays 3.95 and thinks it is a bargin
      You're in Kuwait? At least it's warmer than here...can probably play some golf.

Comment

A tough loss, but what great energy in the building - no doubt which fan base is the most committed now.
        - I thought BU played a good game - up tempo, aggressive forecheck, and generally making good plays. But that darn NU Power Play.
        - I thought the call on Olsson was legit, the one on Phelps was terrible, and the one on Tkachuk had to be called. Really bad decision by Tkachuk. I expected Quinn to sit him for awhile - I would have.
        - I thought the ENG was fitting, because Krys looked terrible in his own end all night. Oettinger saved his butt after he tried to get through three guys coming out from behind the net. He just causes too many turnovers - maybe he should be moved to forward?
        - As much as it sucked to lose, it was pretty cool to see the excitement by the NU players. It reminded me of the Tretiak quote about seeing Team USA celebrating after shocking his team in 1980.
        Last edited by defkit; 02-12-2018, 10:38 PM.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          You're in Kuwait? At least it's warmer than here...can probably play some golf.
          mid to hi 80s today.

golfed on Friday

peeps here break out winter coats when it drops into the 50s. they look at mookie like he's strange (go figure....)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            - I thought the call on Olsson was legit, the one on Phelps was terrible, and the one on Tkachuk had to be called. Really bad decision by Tkachuk. I expected Quinn to sit him for awhile - I would have..
            don't you recall mr switzer telling us the blue chippahs can do what they want?!?! promises were made to their agents to get them here.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              don't you recall mr switzer telling us the blue chippahs can do what they want?!?! promises were made to their agents to get them here.
              Mookie got *** kicked.

Comment

Keep talking in third person.

Comment

Ok. Maine wants to come and kick your third person ***.

Comment

Bu2k... he knows **** not you. Section 8 knows ****. Not chiokod. Spare me.

Comment

- I thought BU played a good game - up tempo, aggressive forecheck, and generally making good plays. But that darn NU Power Play.
                      - I thought the call on Olsson was legit, the one on Phelps was terrible, and the one on Tkachuk had to be called. Really bad decision by Tkachuk. I expected Quinn to sit him for awhile - I would have.
                      Given the roster constraints and guys playing with injuries, I'm pleased with how they played for the most part. Olsson's penalty was ABSURD. For a senior to make such a ridiculously stupid play 175 feet from his own net, right after we score a goal and gain the momentum is insane. He needs to be benched for that one. Phelps's call was an utter joke, nothing happened. Brady was being typical over-aggressive Brady which he's yet to get out of his game. Definitely some bandaged together lines that performed as well as they could. I'm very happy with how Logan is progressing, he could turn into a very solid player in the coming years. Even Crone had a solid game and generated some good chances. Good to see the young freshmen progressing at this time of year.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

BU now joins BC in having lost consecutive beanpot finals to each of the other 3 beanpot schools.

At least they prevented the dreaded NU-HU final.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post

At least they prevented the dreaded NU-HU final.
                          That would actually be neat to see someday.

Comment

- I thought the ENG was fitting, because Krys looked terrible in his own end all night. Oettinger saved his butt after he tried to get through three guys coming out from behind the net. He just causes too many turnovers - maybe he should be moved to forward?
                            He's a turnover machine.

It's ironic that they played such a strong second period, yet lost it 2-0. Tkachuk's penalty at the end of the period was wicked dumb. Ya can't do that son!
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Given the roster constraints and guys playing with injuries, I'm pleased with how they played for the most part. Olsson's penalty was ABSURD. For a senior to make such a ridiculously stupid play 175 feet from his own net, right after we score a goal and gain the momentum is insane. He needs to be benched for that one. Phelps's call was an utter joke, nothing happened. Brady was being typical over-aggressive Brady which he's yet to get out of his game. Definitely some bandaged together lines that performed as well as they could. I'm very happy with how Logan is progressing, he could turn into a very solid player in the coming years. Even Crone had a solid game and generated some good chances. Good to see the young freshmen progressing at this time of year.
                              They were awful. They can't get it together and set up in the offensive zone. Not one of the lines. It looks like pick up hockey on a frozen pond with a bunch of 8 year olds who just met and chose sides 5 minutes beforehand.

If you want a glaring example, compare the NU powerplay to the BU one. Yikes.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                They were awful. They can't get it together and set up in the offensive zone. Not one of the lines. It looks like pick up hockey on a frozen pond with a bunch of 8 year olds who just met and chose sides 5 minutes beforehand.

If you want a glaring example, compare the NU powerplay to the BU one. Yikes.
                                BU doubled NU in even strength shot attempts with arguably their two best offensive players out of the game, they were not awful. Not all of the offense was pretty, but it was not anywhere near as you described. Of course the two power plays are in different worlds than one another, that was the clear difference in the game.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X