X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Seriously?

When did Nate Leaman become a lil ******?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GilroyToBonino View Post
      Thanks. HE website used to sell sweatshirts, seems they don't anymore. Mine from 2006 is getting pretty ratty as you can imagine.

Also...in 2006 BC crushed BU in Woosta as we all recall. Two teams from the same conference cannot meet in the first round. Personally, I really like when teams within a conf. get split up as much as possible. It gets tiring playing the same teams over and over again...
      We shouldn’t have to beat bc for the nationals. Hell we can beat them anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by GilroyToBonino View Post
        Thanks. HE website used to sell sweatshirts, seems they don't anymore. Mine from 2006 is getting pretty ratty as you can imagine.

Also...in 2006 BC crushed BU in Woosta as we all recall. Two teams from the same conference cannot meet in the first round. Personally, I really like when teams within a conf. get split up as much as possible. It gets tiring playing the same teams over and over again...
        The BU-BC game in Worcester was the regional final, not the first round. BU crushed Nebraska-Omaha in the first game. Can’t remember who BC beat.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          No doubt in my mind you guys are gonna beat Cornell
          Well, it looks like (not official yet) we won't be playing them. They are predicted to be in Bridgeport. Looks like Ohio State in Worcester as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            The BU-BC game in Worcester was the regional final, not the first round. BU crushed Nebraska-Omaha in the first game. Can’t remember who BC beat.
            IIRC it was Mercyhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              You know, I’ve been complaining EVERY HE Tournament about wanting the first game. I, as a fan, have had to deal with the first game going into OT on more than one occasion, with once having BU’s game starting at 10:45.
              Yeah, I remember that. The first game was BC/UNH which went something like 3 OT. We were playing Vermont and the place was practically empty when the game started. BU was really never in it, emotionally or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Yeah, I remember that. The first game was BC/UNH which went something like 3 OT. We were playing Vermont and the place was practically empty when the game started. BU was really never in it, emotionally or otherwise.
                What a downer of a game that BU-UVM game was. Wasn't that the game where Bennet was literally facing our net as one of the UVM goals was scored? That game ended Peter MacArthur's bold prediction of winning a national title while he was there (he was one year early).
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  IIRC it was Mercyhurst.
                  Nah, that was the year UND crushed BU and BC in Worcester. BC beat Miami in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Nah, that was the year UND crushed BU and BC in Worcester. BC beat Miami in 2006.
                    Yeah, I knew it was another red and white team. That's how I knew BC was coming out of that region. They were the only team in the region that wasn't some combo of red and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Yah
                      The year the sioux won the beanpot!

Comment

So, Northeastern won the Beanpot, BU won Hockey East. The third team that made the NCAA's? Will Providence win the national championship??

These are the things that go through my head while anxiously awaiting the pairings show.....

ETA - one more thought (ok, who's kidding? There will be more!!) - the more I thought about it, the less it bothered me that the scenarios changed so that BU HAD to win to get in. I hate having to have the team rely on others to move on. If they won, they were in. And they did. Not sure if that was ever the case in the past. Good for them. I hope it helps them next weekend.
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 03-18-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Remember what Mookie always says about winning/losing the beanpot...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Remember what Mookie always says about winning/losing the beanpot...
                            Yup

BU ain’t winning

Comment

When is the last year that BU fans felt this good about the freshman class performance on a go forward basis (considering that the Eichel year was going to be a one and done). I was impressed with most all Freshman and except for Tzachuk most s/b here for the longer term. I think Amonte and Cockerill give them speed and skill combo that can be a difference maker. Maybe Crone too? Any thoughts from those of you that saw the team a lot this year.

Comment

Bowers. Could be a 20-20 next year. I like his game.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X