X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I think you are over-glorifying the 1980 players. Most of them were not particularly great players. They all had great college careers and most never amounted to much at the NHL level. In fact, a lot of those players had comparable NHL careers to the guys who played for us at the Olympics this year - the difference being these guys had their NHL careers prior to these Olympics, rather than after, like the 1980'ers.
    Well, you're probably right; however, they amounted to much in ONE sense. They won a gold medal!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I just saw a tweet from the University of Denver that Troy Terry is a "game time decision" for this weekends games. Be interested to see if we get a similar post/tweet on Jordan Greenway.
      I imagine it'd be similar. If he got a nonstop flight, it's still ~14 hours from South Korea to Boston, not to mention the major time zone adjustment and him coming off multiple games this week. Perhaps we see him for Saturday's game. I imagine Harper's status would impact that decision a bit as well.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Billy Jaffe tweeted that Greenway will be in the lineup on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          To pack his bags for Minny?
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            It certainly could have been and it was something I was hoping would have happened. They do it for the women's team, no reason they couldn't have done it for the men's. It is something I imagine would have happened for 2022 if it wasn't for the fact that NHL players will most likely be back in the Olympics.
            That was the norm prior to inclusion of the NHL in 1998. I think if the NHL had decided earlier that it would back out of this year's Games, USA Hockey may have had the opportunity to hold a centralized camp to select the team. I think if that had occurred, more college players may have been given stronger consideration.

Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL had made its decision before the end of 2016 that it would not allow its players to participate in this Olympics, it could have significantly impacted early college departures as well as signing of ELCs from Seniors following last season. It would've opened the doors for players like Keller, McAvoy, Boeser, Butcher, Bjork, Colin White, Cal Petersen and others...

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              That was the norm prior to inclusion of the NHL in 1998. I think if the NHL had decided earlier that it would back out of this year's Games, USA Hockey may have had the opportunity to hold a centralized camp to select the team. I think if that had occurred, more college players may have been given stronger consideration.

Hypothetically speaking, if the NHL had made its decision before the end of 2016 that it would not allow its players to participate in this Olympics, it could have significantly impacted early college departures as well as signing of ELCs from Seniors following last season. It would've opened the doors for players like Keller, McAvoy, Boeser, Butcher, Bjork, Colin White, Cal Petersen and others...
              Kids used to stay out of the nhl for the intent of playing olympics. Tkachuk for one wouldn’t have gone to bu for a year if not for team USA
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                I imagine it'd be similar. If he got a nonstop flight, it's still ~14 hours from South Korea to Boston, not to mention the major time zone adjustment and him coming off multiple games this week. Perhaps we see him for Saturday's game. I imagine Harper's status would impact that decision a bit as well.
                Dude can sleep in the plane. Mookie is lights out before wheels up . Never fails

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Dude can sleep in the plane. Mookie is lights out before wheels up . Never fails
                  Are you 6'5? :P
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Is the air too thin to sleep way up there??

Comment

• Or

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      No, but mookie did sleep at a holiday inn express last night

Comment

I thought Men's Hockey bombed overall. I hope the players had a good experience, but from a sports consumer perspective, yuck. The hockey was mediocre played in an empty building with zero buzz. (a nice prep for NCAA Regionals, right!? ba da boom!)

1980 was a perfect storm not repeatable in any facet.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Closing ceremonies and rest of Olympics vs 2 @Agannis vs UVM? I hope these kids think bigger and enjoy this once in a lifetime oppty.

I’ll be disappointed if I see Donato playing for Harvard vs Yale on Sat night.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Closing ceremonies and rest of Olympics vs 2 @Agannis vs UVM? I hope these kids think bigger and enjoy this once in a lifetime oppty.

Many athletes in all sports leave the Olympics early and don't stay for the closing ceremonies.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Many athletes in all sports leave the Olympics early and don't stay for the closing ceremonies.
                              Some are already back in the states. Red Gerard was on EXTRA last week. He headed out early.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post

I'm sure you'd be less disappointed if the other option was him in a Bruins uniform on Saturday!

Also, sometimes it's not their call. USA Hockey might be closing up shop and flying them all home.

Comment

Working...
                                X