X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So what changed? Because yesterday there were a couple of scenarios that would’ve gotten them in provided they won tonight.
    I don't know the scenarios that got us in prior to the games tonight so I don't know for sure, but Cornell and Harvard losing would technically hurt us. I am not sure how much; by the same token, Denver winning should have helped us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      I don't know the scenarios that got us in prior to the games tonight so I don't know for sure, but Cornell and Harvard losing would technically hurt us. I am not sure how much; by the same token, Denver winning should have helped us.
      There was never a chance for this group to sneak in.... cmon
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        I'll bet the Terriers won't miss having to deal with that Northeastern power play again.
        Definitely nice to know that every BU penalty isn't an automatic goal for the other team. Instead it'll be the usual 50/50 shot.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I can get us to 14th and qualifying for an at-large bid with a win, but we'd get the auto bid in that case so it is irrelevant. With a loss, we can get to 15th, with 14 being the last at-large.

Comment

According to Jim Dahl's site BU cannot get in without winning tomorrow.

https://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrtournament/

Also, doing so would (I believe) completely knock out both BC and UND.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              I can get us to 14th and qualifying for an at-large bid with a win, but we'd get the auto bid in that case so it is irrelevant. With a loss, we can get to 15th, with 14 being the last at-large.
              I think there may have been a scenario where BU got in as an 'at large' bid with a win over BC (without winning HE) after Minn St loss but it has since gone away.
              Last edited by Bigus Paulus; 03-17-2018, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Curry! 4th line!! Yay.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Curry! 4th line!! Yay.
                  Really, really happy he got the gwg. He busted his *** all night. He made the play to set up the first goal by picking off the BC clearing attempt. He deserved it.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Tom Caron just said the Hockey East Tournament was at Conte Forum for the two years after it was at the Providence Civic Center. I don’t think that’s true....is it?
                    No, he is wrong. The Hockey East Championship moved directly to Boston Garden in 1987. However, in 1987 the ECAC played on Friday-Saturday, so Hockey East had to play on Sunday-Monday . In 1988 the ECAC again played on Friday-Saturday, but Hockey East could only get the following Monday for the championship game, so the league scheduled two game, total goal semifinals at the higher seeds the preceding Tuesday and Wednesday. The playoff schedule was such that the top two seeds did not play in the quarterfinals, but their opponents had to play 4 games in 6 days; no surprise that the top 2 seeds advanced to the championship game at the Garden. In 1989 Hockey East moved the Championship to Conte Forum. In the summer of 1989 Hockey East and the ECAC came to an agreement to hold a three day combined championships weekend called HockeyFest at the Garden from 1990-92. Due to a measles outbreak at Maine in late winter of 1990 Hockey East withdrew from HockeyFest that year and had the two semifinals at the highest remaining seeds (#1 BC and #2 Maine) and the championship game at the highest remaining seed (#1 BC). The following two years (1991 & 1992) HockeyFest went off as planned after which the ECAC relocated their tournament to Lake Placid and Hockey East settled into the Garden.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      I think Farrance was a F when he scored?
                      No, he was on defense and he came in from the point. Melanson, Greenway and Tkachuk were the forwards.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Got to give credit where its due. Quinn had the team fired up and ready to play. Of course it probably helped that the refs had BC jerseys on underneath the zebra stripes. Is Jewwy retiring this year and there's an effort to get him one more HE title for the road?

But! The offense was clicking with some pretty plays. Team didn't turtle up after ridiculous no goal call, then giving BC goal on a review right after. Has Quinn finally learned how to coach???
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Got to give credit where its due. Quinn had the team fired up and ready to play. Of course it probably helped that the refs had BC jerseys on underneath the zebra stripes. Is Jewwy retiring this year and there's an effort to get him one more HE title for the road?

But! The offense was clicking with some pretty plays. Team didn't turtle up after ridiculous no goal call, then giving BC goal on a review right after. Has Quinn finally learned how to coach???
                          He played a very aggressive forecheck against a young BC team, and it paid off in a huge way. Very good move by DQ. I worry that PC will be able to work through it easier though, so not sure if he'll alter his approach tonight.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Wasn't ridiculous at all unless you're just going off BU fan 84. Lohan did not push Tkachuk into the crease. He skated in on his own and the contact after that from Lohan on Tkachuk was minimal. BU three PPs to two for BC. And BU had one in the OT. NESN didn't show it but it appeared to be a slash away from the play that had no impact on anything. BU was deserving of the win but it having to come in OT had nothing to do with officiating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              No, he is wrong. The Hockey East Championship moved directly to Boston Garden in 1987. However, in 1987 the ECAC played on Friday-Saturday, so Hockey East had to play on Sunday-Monday . In 1988 the ECAC again played on Friday-Saturday, but Hockey East could only get the following Monday for the championship game, so the league scheduled two game, total goal semifinals at the higher seeds the preceding Tuesday and Wednesday. The playoff schedule was such that the top two seeds did not play in the quarterfinals, but their opponents had to play 4 games in 6 days; no surprise that the top 2 seeds advanced to the championship game at the Garden. In 1989 Hockey East moved the Championship to Conte Forum. In the summer of 1989 Hockey East and the ECAC came to an agreement to hold a three day combined championships weekend called HockeyFest at the Garden from 1990-92. Due to a measles outbreak at Maine in late winter of 1990 Hockey East withdrew from HockeyFest that year and had the two semifinals at the highest remaining seeds (#1 BC and #2 Maine) and the championship game at the highest remaining seed (#1 BC). The following two years (1991 & 1992) HockeyFest went off as planned after which the ECAC relocated their tournament to Lake Placid and Hockey East settled into the Garden.

Sean
                              Thank you!! I totally remember that 3-day HockeyFest thing they used to have at the Garden back in the day, but I had absolutely no recollection of any HE games at Conte.

Already nervous about tonight. Unsure of what to expect. Excited to be actually going! Hope they got a good night’s rest and didn’t stay up late to watch the PC/NU game.

Comment

Thank you!! I totally remember that 4-day HockeyFest thing they used to have at the Garden back in the day, but I had absolutely no recollection of any HE games at Conte.

Already nervous about tonight. Unsure of what to expect. Excited to be actually going! Hope they got a good night’s rest and didn’t stay up late to watch the PC/NU game.
                                One would have to think that it's a better matchup than it would have been vs Northeastern (that thing about 'beating a team four times' notwitstanding). But they need to start quickly. PC plays a very defensive (read: boring) style that is difficult to come from behind against.

Given the way the season has gone, anything from hereon out probably has to be considered gravy. I'm sitting this one out (will watch on TV) and save my money for (hopefully) next weekend. I haven't kept up with those Bracketology prediction threads (the only one that matters is the one tomorrow!) but I'm hoping because there are so many Western teams that we would at least stay in the East (we have a 75% chance). Even Allentown is pretty easy to get to for me (I hope they're not still filling out forms and standing in line...)

Comment

Working...
                                X