X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
    I think you are in a dream world to think that BC and BU are going to somehow rise back to the their decades long dominance of the 70’s thru 2000’s Also just a news flash but BC was a marginal back water of mediocrity until York arrived in the mid 1990’s. Also, if you haven’t noticed their dominance in Sports is faltering due to a new set of priests in power who at Chestnut Hill aren’t as focused on sports as they are on academics, and seek a more Fordham like sports environment than that of let's say Notre Dame. The retirement of Jack Parker has tuned BU into the Indiana of College Hockey, and soon the same thing will happen at the Heights. Academically today many an employer and admissions officer would argue that all the degrees are generally fairly equal. That said, there are still lots of kids who will never choose to play or attend a Catholic school. Jim Madigan is equally as talented a coach and recruiter as the your current BU CFO and he even appears to be a little less rough edges in his press conferences, he seems to also be a fairly good salesman lately, if you look at the commits in the pipe line which include the son of a current BC bench coach. You are crazy to think otherwise. This isn’t a fluke year. NU who may have put 10 guys into the NHL in the first 70 years of the programs existence has had 3 or 4 guys now playing in the bigs tonight. I expect this trend is going to continue. Also, other leagues have closed the gap and are also now going to compete with HE who may only put only one or two teams in the NCAA tournament this year. If historically BU was the Yankees of college hockey NU is clearly on the verge of becoming the Red Sox!
    LOL. Aren't you the guy that is ripping the NU program and coaching staff incessantly? Some of your points may have some merit but I am skeptical on others. In any event, at least start making the NCAAs more than once a decade before being so arrogant. I think winning the Beanpot has gone to your head!

Comment

Team USA snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Greenway could be back in Boston sooner than expected.

Comment

I wouldn't anticipate us beating anybody if we can't even beat Slovenia. Granted that is probably Slovenia's entire real time minus Kopitar.

Comment

• epic meltdown in ot.. regroup, reset!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

RossiRules apparently only remembers the couple/few years before York. He had to clean up a dumpster fire but for much of Ceglarski's tenure BC was a power program. Just couldn't win the big one. Not to mention basketball is having a pretty good year and could be an NCAA tourney team next year. There are also high hopes for football with AJ Dillon and the team coming off a good year. Stick to NU buddy. You're a fool if you don't think both BC and BU are in on all the top recruits. No school gets all of them but both programs are always in the mix. I don't recall seeing anything about how Chase McInnis chose NU over BC. So you can pump the brakes on that narrative as well.

NU will take a step back next year when they lost their entire top line. Fact, not opinion.

Comment

From today's Boston Globe:

“When you snap a 30-year drought, people are just relieved,” said Owens, among four NU seniors who reached the 2015 Beanpot final, a controversial 4-3 overtime loss to BU.

Controversial!!!??

You're allowed to kill a penalty in OT
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                From today's Boston Globe:

“When you snap a 30-year drought, people are just relieved,” said Owens, among four NU seniors who reached the 2015 Beanpot final, a controversial 4-3 overtime loss to BU.

Controversial!!!??

You're allowed to kill a penalty in OT

..it was a pretty (weak) terrible call & widely acknowledged. oh well, water under the bridge.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ..it was a pretty (weak) terrible call & widely acknowledged. oh well, water under the bridge.
                  Like the weak interference call Monday night that led to an NU PowerPlay goal?

BU was allowed to kill the penalty.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

J.D., forgive Rossi and let him enjoy the moment. I disagree with his opinion re: the decline of BC sports being attributed to an academic push. I believe it was just bad work by the AD's that led to the BB and FB slides. Hockey was just a 'perfect storm' of too much talent leaving before it could be replaced. If the powers that be at BC didn't care about sports they wouldn't have replaced Brad Bates with Martin Jarmond. As for BU, it will be interesting to see how long they will allow DQ to plod along as a #4/5 team in HE. Jim Madigan faced every bit as much of a dumpster fire as Jerry York did and has done a stellar job. Yes, BU and BC are in on all the top recruits. At least NU gets a mention now, too. Next season BU brings in 4 kids from the NDTP, BC 2. The year after BU has 3, BC 7. Yes, NU will take a step back next year and will have to work hard to keep up with BU and BC. However, Rossi is correct about Chase McInnis committing to NU. Heisenberg's site has him as enrolling in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      It wouldn't have been weak (which it wasn't widely acknowledged as) if the NU defense wasn't beaten to the net 9 seconds after puck drop by Eichel and O'Regan. Both D were forced to impede those two with their sticks and one got called. Don't be lazy and be positionally sound and the play never happens.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                        J.D., forgive Rossi and let him enjoy the moment. I disagree with his opinion re: the decline of BC sports being attributed to an academic push. I believe it was just bad work by the AD's that led to the BB and FB slides. Hockey was just a 'perfect storm' of too much talent leaving before it could be replaced. If the powers that be at BC didn't care about sports they wouldn't have replaced Brad Bates with Martin Jarmond. As for BU, it will be interesting to see how long they will allow DQ to plod along as a #4/5 team in HE. Jim Madigan faced every bit as much of a dumpster fire as Jerry York did and has done a stellar job. Yes, BU and BC are in on all the top recruits. At least NU gets a mention now, too. Next season BU brings in 4 kids from the NDTP, BC 2. The year after BU has 3, BC 7. Yes, NU will take a step back next year and will have to work hard to keep up with BU and BC. However, Rossi is correct about Chase McInnis committing to NU. Heisenberg's site has him as enrolling in 2021.
                        You're right, and NU will continue to be a strong contender in this tournament every year. That wasn't the point I made that Rossi created a strawman from. The point was how many more years will occur where NU has a dominant offense and solid goaltending, while BU and BC (and Harvard to some extent) are ALL significantly underperforming. This season was by far their single best shot at winning this tournament in as far back as I can remember. Their other great team in recent memory, the 08-09 squad, might be better from top to bottom but were up against our juggernaut that year and were clear underdogs.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                          However, Rossi is correct about Chase McInnis committing to NU. Heisenberg's site has him as enrolling in 2021.
                          I think JD's point was that BC wasn't recruiting McInnis, so NU didn't beat out BC when they got him.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            It wouldn't have been weak (which it wasn't widely acknowledged as) if the NU defense wasn't beaten to the net 9 seconds after puck drop by Eichel and O'Regan. Both D were forced to impede those two with their sticks and one got called. Don't be lazy and be positionally sound and the play never happens.
                            same for your (from bu fans pow).. the 'weak' interference call in this yrs pot.. calls are part of the gm.. as are turnovers. like i said, i was over that one.. its water under the bridge. it's not every yr we are going to go 3-0 against your team, let alone any H.E opponent. you guys need to get over this yr's losses & move on vs nitpick any time you read an article or soundbite re. nu's win / wins. it happened thank god. move on.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              same for your (from bu fans pow).. the 'weak' interference call in this yrs pot.. calls are part of the gm.. as are turnovers. like i said, i was over that one.. its water under the bridge. it's not every yr we are going to go 3-0 against your team, let alone any H.E opponent. you guys need to get over this yr's losses & move on vs nitpick any time you read an article or soundbite re. nu's win / wins. it happened thank god. move on.
                              You're the ones who brought it up in our thread, but we're the ones who need to move on? Let me guess, you got your education at Northeastern?

Comment

• Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
                                Oh i knew chase is committed to NU. There's just nothing out there about who else was recruiting him.

Comment

Working...
                                X